What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johns Magic

Referee
Would love that. Kills two birds with one stone.

Gotta have faith that Bennett can bring the best out of him though.

Jono078

Referee
Yep, I would welcome that. I just hope Bronson doesn't get an instant 3 year contract and we become stuck with him..

He has the offload and second phase passing ability, I'm not sure about the line break ability though.

Nuffy

Bench
I'd prefer a junior for Harrison swap as Wes is the better player of the two of them.

If Roberts cant find his kicking radar the we need Wes in the team in place of haggis.

aqua_duck

Coach
The way we're going goal kicking is the least of our concerns. Wes for Bronson would be a good deal for both clubs, for us we get rid of a player who's surplus to requirements and in the process acquire a backrower who's got abit of ability with the ball, for them well it means they can get rid of Jarrod Croker and also add some maturity and experience to a very young backline

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah I read that story in todays paper as well - didn't even mention us as a possible destination. And if Shane Shackleton is on the outer - as would seem to be the case - why aren't we making a play for him ? And Junior back to Canberra !

Shack is junk and is severely undersized for a prop and doesn't offer anything in attack for a backrower, plus he's 30 years old

shane1970

Juniors
Shack is junk and is severely undersized for a prop and doesn't offer anything in attack for a backrower, plus he's 30 years old
He is tearing teams apart in the NSW Cup and is currently leading the players player votes - Oh sorry I forgot that the other players being mentioned as possible targets are HUGE mothers who are really setting the NRL on fire - Stagg is 29 as well you know! No spring chicken ! I hate the thought of either of the back rower being mentioned to be honest and can't for the life of me see how they would be an IMPROVEMENT.

aqua_duck

Coach
He is tearing teams apart in the NSW Cup and is currently leading the players player votes - Oh sorry I forgot that the other players being mentioned as possible targets are HUGE mothers who are really setting the NRL on fire - Stagg is 29 as well you know! No spring chicken ! I hate the thought of either of the back rower being mentioned to be honest and can't for the life of me see how they would be an IMPROVEMENT.
I'm deadset against Stagg aswell, especially if we re-sign Houston.

aqua_duck

Coach
Given recent form nothing but if we're going by that we might as well send our entire squad off the a North Korean Labour camp.
I guess I'm looking more at their strengths and how that fits in with our needs. Shackleton is a tight forward who unfortunately won't give us much added size, his age also counts against him. Harrison is an edge forward who can offload and has age still on his side, the main appeal with Harrison though is it gives us an avenue to offload Wes

As of July 8th yes he will be. He was a relatively late bloomer. 23 when he made his grade debut for the Rorters. He did play for City last year I think and in 2009. I think he has plenty to offer but he is not what we need right now.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
What do Shackleton and Harrison really offer given recent form?

Nothing. What does Wes offer Canberra given recent form??

Its a crap shoot, but we dont need a centre and they do.

We need a forward. Wes for Harrison would assist both teams in filling a roster. How that translates to on field performance..... No one knows until it happens.

I'd say Knights are in the box seat to benefit.

Wes has done nothing under Bennett so I dont like furners chances.

Bronson Harrison has performed at an international level so Bennett should be able to get something out of him whereas Furner couldn't.

Yosh

Coach
Why are the Knights trying to sign every 29+ year old player at the moment......

Don't quote me on it but maybe it has something to do with the salary cap? We can't afford 'real' players at the moment but only cut price older guys who are willing to play for peanuts.

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't quote me on it but maybe it has something to do with the salary cap? We can't afford 'real' players at the moment but only cut price older guys who are willing to play for peanuts.

If we're in that sort of situation I'd rather take a punt on a young guy, maybe someone who is too old for NYC next year or someone from QLD or Bartercard cup. We're got lots of resources might as well use them to try and find a few potential gems rather than another bandaid solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts