What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justagamemate

Juniors
We need to sign him. He's the leader in the pack we are missing. Mason can't do it all.
Imagine,

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Houston/Sims
13. Lewis

Yes sir!

Allstar Knights

Juniors
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Houston

14. Tetetevano - put him back on an edge and tell him to run hard.
15. McKinnon
16. Sims
17. O'Donnell

Cuthbo is very unlucky, but I think by 2013, that's the best forward pack we can field if we somehow miraculously got Lewis.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
I may have made this up but I seem to remember Bennett saying a while back that Lewis was one of the players in the NRL that he was most wary of coming up against.

Bennett drafted him into the All-Stars squad this year as his coach's pick so he's obviously a big fan.

That's the only thing giving me any hope whatsoever that we might have a chance.

RHCP

Bench
Luke Lewis would be a huge signing, absolutely massive.

If we don't resign House, Edwards and Tuimavave, surely that comes close to $400K + third party deals?

If only this happened before we signed Beau Scott, we'd be in the box seat.

Nuffy

Bench
Pipe dream nothing more, seems our cap is bursting with the team of quality we have now.................

Does however make you wonder exactly how some clubs do it, Bulldogs have been adding players constantly and yet they are in the market for more.

perverse

Referee
Luke Lewis would be a huge signing, absolutely massive.

If we don't resign House, Edwards and Tuimavave, surely that comes close to $400K + third party deals?

If only this happened before we signed Beau Scott, we'd be in the box seat.
We would still need to replace 2 of them with 2 more players in our top 25 on at least minimum wage (55k each). You can't replace 3 blokes with 1 under the cap. Assuming those 3 do add up to said amount, which I actually doubt, then you'd have, at most, around 290k to spend on Lewis, but most likely even less.

I'd kill to have Lewis, but I can't see it happening unless he wants to take a very significant pay cut. Keep in mind that Willie and Gagai's pay will only increase substantially next year.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
We would still need to replace 2 of them with 2 more players in our top 25 on at least minimum wage (55k each). You can't replace 3 blokes with 1 under the cap. Assuming those 3 do add up to said amount, which I actually doubt, then you'd have, at most, around 290k to spend on Lewis, but most likely even less.

I'd kill to have Lewis, but I can't see it happening unless he wants to take a very significant pay cut. Keep in mind that Willie and Gagai's pay will only increase substantially next year.
Yeah, pipe dream now that I've thought about it more.

Stranger things have happened in rugby league though (can't let the dream die yet!)

voltron

Juniors
that would be awesome
lewis is an awesoem ball playing second rower, a leader, and damaging in defence
and i would love to see Mckinnon play under him and learn from him.
would be so awesome

Joker's Wild

Coach
TBH its his defence that Id like to see here more than anything else. He can absolutely smash players and is very quick off the line.

Make it happen Tinks

RABK

Referee
We spoke to Lewis manager today, one of about 11 clubs who did so.

Each club goes back and does number crunching to see if he can fit.

We'll be near the bottom in terms of cap space but near the top in terms of been an ideal home for Lewis.

Tigers are favourites, apparently have a bit of cap space to work and Lewis is very close with Sheens.

RABK

Referee
Our chance will be Bennett and working out a backended deal. Eg 200k first year, 400k 2nd year, 700k 3rd year. But at least we are 'trying' to sign him.

Signing him would certainly take the sting out of the Knights on onfield performance and the fact it would almost certainly get rid of Houston and Edwards would just be icing.

RABK

Referee
No not really. Nate Myles, Beau Champion and Greg Bird he missed out on in 2011. Cameron King, Sam Kasiano and JWH are three he missed out on this year. (Though Kasiano form bumped up his negotiating price and Bennett pulled the offer)

Bennett misses out on signings just as much as other coaches.

If we offer the exact same contract dollar for dollar and word for word as the tigers Lewis will choose the Tigers over us. Bennett is not the recruitment Death Star with a player tractor beam.

League_God

Juniors
no way in the world will lewis sign with us. I'd love to see it, but not a chance.
It's too good to be true.
Our likely side in 2012 will be:

1.Boyd
2.Aku
3.Gagai
4.Tahu
5.McManus
6.Mullen
7.Gidley
8.Snowden
9.Bedsy
10.Mason
11.Scott
12.Houston
13.Costigan

14.McKinnon
15.Cuthbertson
16.Edwards
17.Adams/Hilder

I gotta tell you....just looking at that bench and backrow shits me to tears.

...but, I've never coached a side to a premiership :roll:

We talk about our lack of homegrown props...how about our lack of homegrown anything.

In good news though McKinnon and Gagai are already our two best players and will both play rep footy in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts