What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
And on the cap cheating discussion, I'm not particularly happy to sell our souls for a trophy. I think that's a piss weak attitude, and soft. I'm sure it happens, but I certainly don't want to know about it or endorse it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Geez, 325k per year + third party is still a fair amount. He needs to bring quite a bit. He's obviously better than what we have, though. I'm going to wait until I see him in the red and blue before I pass any judgement on this signing. I'm skeptical... But willing to give the benefit of the doubt. What concerns me is that I can't see him fixing our attacking issues on the fringe, although he will surely improve our D.

Scott will hopefully fix our pack's motivation and ruthlessness more than anything else.

He is a pro.

perverse

Referee
Scott will hopefully fix our pack's motivation and ruthlessness more than anything else.

He is a pro.

That would be nice... To be honest I thought Willie would have had this effect already. People can say what they like about him, but he has proven himself a true professional and leader since joining. As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Willie leads by example, and with his mouth... The bulk of our pack just doesn't respond. Nev, eddy, House, and cuthbo each lack too much in various departments for mine. How nev is a premiership winning prop has me absolutely stuffed. House is a professional, but is totally unwilling to work hard running at the line. Eddy is eddy. Cuthbo is all offload and no starch. All 4 of these blokes are passengers on at least one side of the all, and often on both... Yet seem to be walk up starts for us.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I'll be glad to see the back of Costigan.

It's like he came here to retire after achieving his premiership dream.

RABK

Referee
Costigan seems to have lost 90% of hsi strength. He was never big but he hit the line and wrestled metres with strength and agression. He just lost it, hits the line and gets dominated every single time now.

He was averaging 100m a game at prop for the Dragons in 2010 and was belting them in defence.

perverse

Referee
It's hard to imagine us being any worse if we replaced Eddy, Cuthbo and Nev with KOD, Sims and Tetes next season. Hopefully the rest of this season can be used to unearth any remaining gems we do have at home.

Whats Doing

Bench
Maybe some hope in our halves down the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther_Daz
Under 15's Merit Team:

15 YEARS POOL A MERIT TEAM 2012
1 Anthony Layoun NSWCCC St Paul’s Catholic College, Greystanes
2 Kalyn Ponga QLD Maroon Mackay State High School
3 Jesse Ramien NSWCHS Gorokan High School
4 Justin Aboumelhem NSWCCC Holy Cross College, Ryde
5 Bernard LewisQLD White Trinity Bay State High School
6 Brock Lamb NSWCCC All Saint’s College, Maitland
7 Jack Cogger NSWCCC MacKillop Catholic College, Warnervale
8 Pifeleti Pifeleti NSWCCC Holy Cross College, Ryde
9 Joseph Tramontana NSWCCC Patrician Brothers College, Blacktown
10 Gabriel Hamlin NSWCCC Marist College, Pagewood
11 Nat Butcher NSWCCC Marcellin College, Randwick
12 Jake Gallagher NSWCCC Marist College, Kogarah
13 Michael Molo QLD Maroon Wavell State High School, Brisbane

What a side? Can you imagine the Under 16's team for NSW next year. Jack Cogger has huge future and with Brock lamb both are reported to be signed with the knights. It will be intersting to see how the Knights go next year with them in the halves.

perverse

Referee
Will smith seems to be the most likely halves talent that we have who could be ready soon. I'm nowhere near as concerned with the halves situation as I am with the pack at present.

I think five years from now will be glad all this pain changed our club culture forever. This is short term. Whether Lewis comes here or not is not a decisive moment. I'd rather get Cordner for the next decade cos he looks like being one the dominant backrower's of his generation.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
We currently have a crop of pussy cats, can you imagine the Chief or BK accepting meekly what happened to KOD yesterday, those blokes would have hunted Burgess for the rest of the game, our forwards dogged the issue.

While I was pissed off about our forwards lack of action at the time, the reality is that kind of stuff no longer flies in the NRL today. The refs crack down heavily on any sort of "revenge" behavior and all that would have been achieved is a couple of stupid penalties and possibly a send off/binning.

The comp is much too controlled and disciplined these days

Nuffy

Bench
While I was pissed off about our forwards lack of action at the time, the reality is that kind of stuff no longer flies in the NRL today. The refs crack down heavily on any sort of "revenge" behavior and all that would have been achieved is a couple of stupid penalties and possibly a send off/binning.

The comp is much too controlled and disciplined these days

BS, the top teams look to dominate in the forwards through such measures, thats the name of the game.

If Burgess's hit was legal, why not do the same to him.

Until we muscle up, we will be dominated.

Joker's Wild

Coach
BS, the top teams look to dominate in the forwards through such measures, thats the name of the game.

If Burgess's hit was legal, why not do the same to him.

Until we muscle up, we will be dominated.

All good if they go out to belt him legally, however it seldom works that way when players have revenge on their minds. Most of the hits Chief put on back in the day would be penalised in the modern game

I'm all for more aggression and toughness in or pack but going off half cocked and headhunting players is just plain stupid

Good to see Knights are atleast having a crack.

Is Tinks move overseas for good? Have to admit not having him in Newcastle sort of takes the glam out of the club IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts