What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows which way Lewie will go. I think we will have massive appeal for him regardless of what the Sydney centric papers want to write. Maybe 12 months of a paycut will be enough to get him here if we can give him his worth for 2014 onwards.

Last edited:
Well we know we want his signature and Bennett will take some beating regardless of finance. We are a massively different side if we had Scott and Lewis defending wide. Lewis is a strong ball runner so we get a complete player. I would be happy to blood Will Smith behind a pack like that. Why not!

The way i see it he potentially goes to Parra for money and no other reason. Tigers are joking if they find half a mill for him after the Blair deal. Benji and Farrar are on a mint as well. Ellis is gone amd Lote could follow him , so maybe that is their chance. Cronulla are stuck with Tupou. Sucked in. 450 k. Stuart has no idea. Dragons couldn't attract a fly to s###. We are a show.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Who knows which way Lewie will go. I think we will have massive appeal for him regardless of what the Sydney centric papers want to write. Maybe 12 months of a paycut will be enough to get him here if we can give him his worth for 2014 onwards.

Yeah that's it. Multi-year heavily back-ended deal with Wes, Junior and Neville's contract money :D. Throw in some juicy third-party deals and we might even manage to keep Houston.

11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Houston

I think I just jizzed myself.

Big Tim

First Grade
If it were legal how would it be dirty?

If you have to ask it can't be explained to you sorry.

Are you a 5(c)uff$ fan FtM???

How can you not understand what C_H is asking??????

Anyway, alot of people flying off the handle here, on FB and other sites. When we signed Scott, Lewis had a contract that saw him off the market for essentially the rest of his career.

Saying we made a mistake signing Scott because "Lewis is heaps better than that merkin!!!!!" are kidding themselves.

Anything to slam the club. New regime, old regime, doesnt matter. just put the boot in as often as you can.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah Id think he would be going with a Sydney based club, Cronulla being the front runner with Gallen there.

Interesting note about Anthony Tupou and his contract clause. Im guessing Cronulla would be shopping him around to at least look at freeing up some of that cash. Would we be interested in him at the right price? $450K most def not but he was a fantastic attacking player in his prime. Not sure how hes traveling now though seeing as he tore his ACL in Rd 4

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah I have just been reading up about his latest surgery. Hes had a donated piece of achillies tendon put into his knee

Probably too risky

Silent Knight

First Grade
Tupou is out of the question. The days where our club took other clubs' leftovers so they can sign premium talent should be far behind us. I still fume when I think about Souffs trying to offload Jamie Simpson on us the day after they signed Greg Inglis.

We are no longer a povo club forced to settle with also-rans. We are now in a position to attract marquee talent with our financial clout and coaching staff. Nuffies can go direct to England from now on.

perverse

Referee
It would be a wet dream come true to get Lewis here. I'm not going to get too excited, because there are going to be a lot of clubs in this race, and we aren't as ideally positioned as some other clubs. Good to know we're moving and shaking to get it done, though. He's one of my favourite non-knights, for sure. I was also a little surprised to learn he is only 28, too. Feels like he's been around forever. I'd be tempted to play him at lock to take advantage of his ball playing... But out wide makes sense, too. With gids at halfback and Boyd floating around, it might be too many cooks, anyway.

Yeah Id think he would be going with a Sydney based club, Cronulla being the front runner with Gallen there.

Interesting note about Anthony Tupou and his contract clause. Im guessing Cronulla would be shopping him around to at least look at freeing up some of that cash. Would we be interested in him at the right price? $450K most def not but he was a fantastic attacking player in his prime. Not sure how hes traveling now though seeing as he tore his ACL in Rd 4

His been subpar for atleast 5 years now, plus dodgy knees.

Joker's Wild

Coach
His been subpar for atleast 5 years now, plus dodgy knees.

Sub par for a $450K player for sure, but I thought he still had some flair 2-3 years back and might have been worth around the $200K mark.

The knee injuries are a real concern though and really are too much of a risk, even if we did manage to get him cheap.

Fair enough, just never been a fan always thought he only looked as good as he did due to being in a Roosters pack that was outstanding at the time.

And $450k, thats gold if they paid that for him, but I'd suggest its highly exaggerated or at the backend of a contract.

RABK

Referee
Compared to yesterday, i'm very confident we are a chance at Lewis now. No source or anything to go on, just have a hunch Bennett is going to have a red hot crack for him and is probably going to tenfold his efforts to move along wes and sau.

Status
Not open for further replies.