What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

macavity

Referee
Why would Bennett suddenly "tenfold" his efforts to move on players he doesn't want?

He is either trying to move on fat contracts he doesn't want on the books, or he isn't - I don't know that this changes his efforts.

Pedantic I know, but I don't think this changes anything RE wes and sau, other than perhaps now other clubs will be holding back money to have a go at Lewis, instead of taking on our under-performers.

RABK

Referee
Why would Bennett suddenly "tenfold" his efforts to move on players he doesn't want?

He is either trying to move on fat contracts he doesn't want on the books, or he isn't - I don't know that this changes his efforts.

Pedantic I know, but I don't think this changes anything RE wes and sau, other than perhaps now other clubs will be holding back money to have a go at Lewis, instead of taking on our under-performers.

Dunno, perhaps because it's not Bennetts job to try and ship players - only to give the suggestion. He coaches the football team. I daresay if he seriously wants Lewis he might take on a more hands on role in trying to find Wes and Sau new homes. Perhaps he'll be more willing to use more cap to compensate someone for taking one or both of them off our hands and sacrifice cap space / depth for 2013/14 to do so.

perverse

Referee
ummm... that would take Jeremy Smith to 35-36 years of age. that doesn't seem like sound recruitment.

I'm a Jeremy Smith fan, but not when we're talking 3 years at his age.

Smith rejected us last time because his partner wanted to stay in the Shire or Woollongong if i remember correctly. Doesn't make sense does it unless Wayne has offered him a minimal deal given his age. I wish some ESL club would come in for Sau and Wes. If we lose out on Lewis over money as opposed to him wanting to play under Bennett then we really have got it backwards with recruitment last season.

Rod

Bench
As I said a couple of pages ago, I could live with us getting J. Smith if we missed out on Lewis. He's a gutsy player, who would add some impact to our backrow.

The bit pervy touched on concerns me as well though. I wouldn't mind signing him provided he wasn't just coming here to retire and not really put in. He doesn't strike me as that sort of guy but we have been recently stung in this sort of area as we know.

Scott, possbly J. Smith being signed to long-term deals, we want to be careful we don't become a place where guys just come to collect their paycheck and not put in. And we certainly don't want to sign these sorts of guys to long-term deals if it means we get to this time next year and we can't afford to make a decent offer to the Cordners of the world.

Nuffy

Bench
Impossible to believe that Smith would be getting a 3 year deal unless it was way under the going rate, maybe Cronulla have sweeten the deal to clear the decks for Lewis.

Yosh

Coach
So Richie has gone to Manly huh? He is gonna come back to bite us...

I fear Smith is gonna turn into a Costigan for us... Just get this feeling...

perverse

Referee
Well, I'm glad that we're not the only ones that like Richie. Bellamy and Toovs seem to agree with us.

We must have been paying him overs. I just can't work out why we would have ditched him so readily otherwise.

Nuffy

Bench
Well, I'm glad that we're not the only ones that like Richie. Bellamy and Toovs seem to agree with us.

We must have been paying him overs. I just can't work out why we would have ditched him so readily otherwise.

Most of the team is getting overs, hence we are moving them on.

I'm happy for the bloke as he always did his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts