What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Well, in all fairness, that's kind of their job..

It's up to the NRL to look after the game as a whole.

For example, if a big name player goes on the market, big clubs don't pass on them to let the smaller clubs have a crack at them, they'd be fired if they did stuff like that, even though that would probably be best for the game.

It should be in their best interests though for a player not to be lost to another code.

I would have no issue with the NRL topping up GI or Milford with their respective clubs if it meant not losing them to a rival code.

emjaycee

Coach
Some of the names i have heard being bandied around as future board members are interesting and there is some improved quality in there.

Incorrect

Coach
It's the guarantee of success. My election campaign will be 'NOT THE PREVIOUS MERKINS!'

I'd like to see a slogan similar to Joe Quimby's when he was running against Sideshow Bob for Mayor

"If you were running for the board, I'd vote for you"

hqdefault.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
And that's the shit part! Members will vote for the ex players because they use to love watching them play.

If we're dumb enough to go down that road again after making that mistake 10 times before than we deserve what we get

El Diablo

Post Whore
Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears, Gold Coast Chargers all went belly up.

Sharkies have been about since 1967 and are yet to get the chocolates.

Since the ousting of Fitzy, we certainly have been the most f**ked about by megalomaniac merkins in the history of the game.

Recent salary cap (still alleged) shenanigans suggest that we may well get the gong of the dumbest management of the game. So we're up there for sure.

the Chargers never went belly up

the Chargers even loaned money to Newcastle after they'd been culled

Green River Eel

Juniors
That bloke has a history of making up rumours just to shit stir.

Pou i love a good wind up but the key to a wind up is to have a very silly topic to get people to buy into, ie, Cherrington eaten by croc, Monaghan to Eels, Parra stadium going hillsong, new major sponsor hillsong etc etc its making a silly topic believable to the masses is what i find funny.
Getting people to buy into that IS funny for all concerned.
Mixed in with the silly stuff i give a small amount of mail i get, Semi leaving the eels is not very funny Pou, and i wouldnt take my fellow eels on a ride with something like this, id chose something actually funny.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Chargers still have a leagues club. I had the Buffet once and shit through the eye of a needle for two days straight.

Gronk

Staff member
the Chargers never went belly up

the Chargers even loaned money to Newcastle after they'd been culled

Ok thanks. I have found a brief history of those Gold Coast teams from SMH in 2012. Instead of belly up, I should have just said f**ked up.

Here is a brief history of the Gold Coast?s rugby league story:
In 1988, the Gold Coast-Tweed Giants joined the national competition and were so poor that they were replaced by the Gold Coast Seagulls just two years later. The Seagulls were as pathetic as their nickname suggests, embarrassing themselves for a few years before they were replaced by the Gold Coast Chargers in 1995. The Chargers ended some time later but no one remembers when because no one cares.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/the-sad-story-of-the-gold-coast-20120309-1uqpf.html#ixzz4B3MsX6PN
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Incorrect

Coach
^^ LOL

I just read the whole article. Love this part;

1998 to 2006 represented the most successful era of rugby league in the Gold Coast because, during that time, there was no team from the Gold Coast in the national competition. It seemed like the city had finally learnt its lesson but, alas, some amnesia-riddled administrator dreamt up the Titans and the sorry saga continued

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not just the other guys, but the guys before them as well. Then you can pretend you're independent and not part of a faction.
:lol: Bit hard to be part of a faction when you can't vote because you don't live in the same state.

I supported the ousting of Fitzy, it had to be done. I supported Spags mob because they finally got rid of the fossil, but I was wrong dead wrong. I never had any faith in Sharp and his team I don't deny that, I was proven right sadly.

But what's the answer?? The present set up doesn't work and no one wants the NRL to take over and no one wants the club to be privatised. So what do we do Pou what do we do??? He he he that rhymes..........

Status
Not open for further replies.