What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol: Bit hard to be part of a faction when you can't vote because you don't live in the same state.

I supported the ousting of Fitzy, it had to be done. I supported Spags mob because they finally got rid of the fossil, but I was wrong dead wrong. I never had any faith in Sharp and his team I don't deny that, I was proven right sadly.

But what's the answer?? The present set up doesn't work and no one wants the NRL to take over and no one wants the club to be privatised. So what do we do Pou what do we do??? He he he that rhymes..........

Well I supported all of them except Fitzgerald. And in hindsight our period of longest stability came while he controlled the board who signed his paycheck. So what would I know?

caylo

Bench
I would make a play for hannant if he is off contract, good defender and a worker with more impact then Mannah. Would be a great foil for younger forwards and he would give us some good experience up front.
Also I'd like Manu to have a chance as a small Middle forward, he is quick and has great footwork to beat bigger guys and he is an astute offloader but he doesn't see enough ball on the left. That way Scott and Edwards could play on the edges and Tepai can play through the middle or on the edges off the bench.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Manly lose a player for the rest of the season and the media call for a humanitarian program to take place...
We lose about 10 players for the rest of the year and the media demand for a public flogging and execution as a form of punishment ....
Hahaha lovin this footy season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Do you hold any hope of us retaining him mate?

Mate, he's contracted until 2018...

I can only tell you that we're going to have to work really hard to retain him when the time comes but at the moment he's contracted for the next 2 and a half years so unless the club grant him a release than he's not going anyway soon.

caylo

Bench
Ma'u would be wasted in the middle. He is our best player.

Depends how he is used in the middle, he doesn't need to be a battering ram but use his quick feet and offloading to take advantage of space in the middle. I feel he is wasted out wide and doesn't see enough early ball

Stagger eel

Staff member
Depends how he is used in the middle, he doesn't need to be a battering ram but use his quick feet and offloading to take advantage of space in the middle. I feel he is wasted out wide and doesn't see enough early ball

Mate, don't tinker with it, he's an edge player and an outstanding one at that but I'm with Pou he's more affective out wide

Eelementary

Post Whore
The old adage, "Never weaken one position to strengthen another" rings true here.

Ma'u is too good to play in the middle, imo.

In this case I think it is as simple as Ma'u being so much more suited to the edges than the middle.

Ryan James anyone (Stagger answered last time)? I reckon he's a pretty solid unit.

hindy111

Post Whore
Plenty of good front rowers or ones atleast better then our current ones to get.
All depends how much money we have.

Kornstar

Coach
Manly lose a player for the rest of the season and the media call for a humanitarian program to take place...
We lose about 10 players for the rest of the year and the media demand for a public flogging and execution as a form of punishment ....
Hahaha lovin this footy season.

I'm pretty sure people think we should still be offloading players to get under the cap......

Imagine if we managed to sign Hayne before June 30? I'm not suggesting it's a possibility but it would be funny if we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.