What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
PENRITH PANTHERS

2018 Gains:None
2018 Losses: Sitaleki Akauola (Warrington Wolves), Zach Dockar-Clay (Hull Kingston Rovers), Peta Hiku (Warrington Wolves), Samisoni Langi (Leigh Centurions), Te Maire Martin (North Queensland Cowboys), Michael Oldfield (Canberra Raiders), Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (Wests Tigers)

Crisis?
5 year plan

Bandwagon

Staff member
Full credit to BA mate, it's amazing how the fill ins just keep stepping up.

I hadn't really thought about that, but yeah it is.

What's really telling there is how little our extensive injury list has been mentioned as a factor throughout the year. It's almost as if we have been at full strength week in week out according to the media.

T.S Quint

Coach
I hadn't really thought about that, but yeah it is.

What's really telling there is how little our extensive injury list has been mentioned as a factor throughout the year. It's almost as if we have been at full strength week in week out according to the media.

Yep.
We are down to our third-choice fullback, and third-choice hooker. No mention of that in the media.
We've had long periods missing players like Corey Norman, Kenny Edwards, Bevan French, Clint Gutherson, Beau Scott, Kaysa Pritchard, Frank Pritchard, Peni Terepo. None of those were short, week-or-two injuries (or suspension in Kenny's case) like the Storm usually only have to deal with.
Much has been made about the Broncos missing McCullough and Boyd, but not much about us missing Kaysa and Gutherson and French.

eels_fan

First Grade
Someone posted it here (or was it somewhere else?) in the last couple of days

He was released by the club as he needed time away from footy to sort out personal/family problems

Forty20

First Grade
There was a period when Beau Scott and Kaysa Pritchard went down for what were then season ending injuries that the media talked about our injury crisis a bit but for the most part we aren't getting much love about our injury crisis because our replacements have been so damn serviceable.

The media do love to lock in narratives for teams though. The one that has really stuck out for me lately about us is how aggressive and explosive our pack is. That terminology has popped up everywhere from printed press to radio and Fox Sports coverage.

T.S Quint

Coach
There was a period when Beau Scott and Kaysa Pritchard went down for what were then season ending injuries that the media talked about our injury crisis a bit but for the most part we aren't getting much love about our injury crisis because our replacements have been so damn serviceable.

The media do love to lock in narratives for teams though. The one that has really stuck out for me lately about us is how aggressive and explosive our pack is. That terminology has popped up everywhere from printed press to radio and Fox Sports coverage.

Also I've been hearing about how our attack is so good and will be too much for the Cowboys. Apart from a few games, our attack has been rather average the whole year. We were able to run up a big score on Brisbane, and had a couple of big wins against the Dragons and Titans, but for the most we have had trouble scoring tries. No one has talked about our defence which has won us more games than our attack.

Also I've been hearing about how our attack is so good and will be too much for the Cowboys. Apart from a few games, our attack has been rather average the whole year. We were able to run up a big score on Brisbane, and had a couple of big wins against the Dragons and Titans, but for the most we have had trouble scoring tries. No one has talked about our defence which has won us more games than our attack.

i think a lot of the trouble with our attack is lack of patience
on at least 3 occasions i can think of we have put in a kick on tackle 3 (often straight to the fullback) where if we waited till tackle 5 we could have got a goal line dropout or at the worst a handover 10m out instead the opposition get the ball on the run and first tackle 20m out or more which gets their set off to a great start