What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Only if he is T-Rex again and not she-Rex as he has been last few years. Not sure what happened to him. Started out a beast and ended up passing the ball whenever he looked like being tackled or had to run into somebody. If BA can get him to return to his beastly ways, in the front row, he'll be good as has beautiful ball skills.

Ever since he initially hurt his back, in SOO I think, he has never been the same player. He shies away from the real heavy collision stuff, which is of no use to any coach/team looking for a beast.

Yeah, sure he may on the odd occasion take on the line, but overall he is I think scared of another back, potential disaster. He will, in my opinion, never be the player that consistently uses his great mass advantage to skittle the opposition. And I don't think that BA or anyone else can convince a player like him. He was very in and out of games to start with.

So no, I don't think it is a good use of said low wage contracts to spend on him, when those same low wage contracts could be used on youth with more of an upside and potential.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, I would assume Club has factored in the potential bonus payments in current years cap, unless they are paid the following year. To me bonus payments protects the club from paying for sub standard performance plus encourages player to perform unless completely unmotivated. If so best to piss them off completely.
I’d say those incentives are used to pay players outside the cap where the club (and player) expect the player to achieve the milestone but the NRL (according to fixed cap guidelines) does not.

So Tony Williams in match payments is a smart move because he only played one game this year. But Hayne playing Origin is an incentive that would be included in our cap even if he doesn’t get picked.

butch82

Juniors
Not sure Hayne has the work ethic for fullback these days. But if Hayne does come back we'll have a very good backline, and if Semi returns it'll be dynamite, but only IF we have a couple of big boppers up front creating room for them to work. How would this be for a backline?
  1. Gutho
  2. French
  3. Jenko
  4. Hayne
  5. Semi
  6. Norman
  7. Moses
A backline of that reminds me of the backline we had in the 80s. Back then we always had big boppers up front punching out the metres and played in 5 gfs and won 4 in 6 years.

Well if the roosters can cram every million dollar player into their cap surely we can afford Hayne n have semi come back next yr..what’s good for one club should be good for everyone else..

oldmancraigy

Coach
If Hayne does come back, he has got to play fullback!
French was at his best on the wing last year. Give him another year to develop.
Massive Gutho fan, was a fan before iy was trendy, but he doesn't have the talent level and would be better suited in the centres than Hayne.

If we get Hayne it is because he wants to come back and win here. He will be motivated (always has a monster season following a world cup). Don't waste him in the centres, get him operating all over the park and running off Norman and Moses. He looked sensational as a run first fullback in 2014. Arthur had him playing very direct and he carved up.

And then imagine getting Semi back mid season.... if everyone is fit in that fantasy world, WOW!

If Hayne does come back, he has got to play fullback!
French was at his best on the wing last year. Give him another year to develop.
Massive Gutho fan, was a fan before iy was trendy, but he doesn't have the talent level and would be better suited in the centres than Hayne.

If we get Hayne it is because he wants to come back and win here. He will be motivated (always has a monster season following a world cup). Don't waste him in the centres, get him operating all over the park and running off Norman and Moses. He looked sensational as a run first fullback in 2014. Arthur had him playing very direct and he carved up.

And then imagine getting Semi back mid season.... if everyone is fit in that fantasy world, WOW!
Agreed. Fitness, rust and motivation could easily account for his form since his return. There's no reason why he can't again be an elite fullback, so if he's in good nick I reckon that's where he'll play.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This purely guess work, but it's obviously we are looking for another big prop. And there was an article where BA states he was watching the World Cup to see if any player options come up.

Anyhow this was in the telecrap on Sunday:

"WHICH French World Cup prop is in the sights of a leading Sydney NRL club?"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/acba0fe70a30dfd08d9d6fe886bb2ecc

Anyhow could we be interested in French prop Julian Bousquet.

His size fits what we need 1.93 cm / 117 kg.

And while I have no idea what his super league form is like, his stats in the World Cup has been pretty good:

Game 1 - 147 m / 17 tackles / 4 offloads / 1 try assist / 1 tackle break / 1 LBA

Game 2 - 99 metres / 25 tackles / 1 tackle bust / 1 LBA

His stats against Australia are pretty good.

Also still young enough for a move to the NRL, only turns 28 next year.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
When you say murdered a bunch of people you only mean three or four don’t you?

Just asking for a friend.
What's wrong with you Haynzy? Three or four isn't even a pass mark in America for mas murderers.
Funny how Trump came out almost immediately and called for death penalty for mas murderer in NY. In Las Vagas hardly said a word against one who killed 50. You'd think one of the murderers was an arab and another a patriotic American who used NRA approved guns.

Glenneel

Bench
How good was Tonga v Samoa, what a match! Was really looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. Really enjoyed the opening exchanges, big body v big body, plenty of noise and full of emotion, and that was before the match started. If that wasn't amongst the best pre match entertainment you'll ever see you haven't a pulse. And the match lived up to the hype. Yes please, make it an annual event, all proceeds to go to their respective leagues to help develop the game over there!