What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Kornstar

Coach
Its been over a week now and I've absorbed the disappointment of Hayne defecting. Upon reflection you are bang on. This is good for the game.

It's funny you know, I watch all games pretty much every week and I never have the attitude of "good for the game".

While I'm ok with him not signing with us, I don't care about what it means to the game that he is just back in it. He left, the game survived and it would continue to survive without the liar. The game is not better for him being in it.

He is just richer.......

Eelementary

Post Whore
455029-stephen-kearney-and-paul-osborne.jpg

On the scales of "what else can possibly go wrong now?", this year is worse Imo.

phantom eel

First Grade
At least we've been playing good footy this year, all year - best since late 2009...

In the end that's what we watch and that's all that matters imo.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
As mentioned the only reason Hayne ended up at the titans is because DCE backflipped last year or they would have no cap space.
We need strong teams in places like the Gold Coast and Newcastle, Hayne going to the titans is good for the game, the NRL should help the Knights get a marquee player, their fans will only take so much of getting flogged every week before they stop turning up to game and buying memberships. Knights roster looks not much better for next year ethier.

Once the hype dies down about Hayne the GC will once again prove what it is, a sport graveyard. The titans will sink back into irrelevance and they'll be just like the storm, have a base of about 10k people going to games but be unknown outside of those people.

Happy MEel

First Grade
the NRL should help the Knights get a marquee player, their fans will only take so much of getting flogged every week before they stop turning up to game and buying memberships. Knights roster looks not much better for next year ethier.

Like us between 2011 - 2013? Whilst I'm all for an even competition, I don't think the NRL helping particular teams sign a marquee player is the right way to go about it.

Stevie

Bench
Vave did look good and I'd be excited to see what BA can do with him. Who knows, he may just become a better player than Paulo was for us?

Vaughn I think deserves an offer for sure, get him here.

I must say the more I think about our hooking situation, I am comfortable if Kaysa could stay fit for a year. He is a quality little player but my concern is around injury.

Lastly, it goes without saying we need a quality 7. People say we don't need a top one but what if Corey gets injured next year? You need someone to take the reins when the partner is out.

For mine, the only 2 I would really like would be Adam Reynolds or Ben Hunt. And in this crazy sport who could rule us out of getting either before next year?!

TheRam

Coach
Vave did look good and I'd be excited to see what BA can do with him. Who knows, he may just become a better player than Paulo was for us?

Vaughn I think deserves an offer for sure, get him here.

I must say the more I think about our hooking situation, I am comfortable if Kaysa could stay fit for a year. He is a quality little player but my concern is around injury.

Lastly, it goes without saying we need a quality 7. People say we don't need a top one but what if Corey gets injured next year? You need someone to take the reins when the partner is out.

For mine, the only 2 I would really like would be Adam Reynolds or Ben Hunt. And in this crazy sport who could rule us out of getting either before next year?!

I think that I would go for Hunt before Reynolds. At least he takes on the line and isn't injury prone.

I would also look into Tuimoala Lolohea who is an absolute champion in any backline position and particularly 5/8th and fullback. So when RTS comes back next year he may find it even harder to get a start. Maybe great timing if we sounded him out and showed him the love.

Avenger

Immortal
I would offer Robson another year and have this Fogarty kid as a back up. I'd also offer Cornish another 2nd tier deal for extra cover in the halves. The amount of quality coming off contract at the end of next season is astonishing. Jack Bird, Moses, Ben Hunt, Brooks, Adam Reynolds, Lolohea, Josh Reynolds et al. I am certain we will entice one of them to leave, Moses and Bird would be my first two choices and I would sign them for the 2018 season as soon as we are able to (1 November 2016 if I recall). That way there may be pressure for them to be released for season 2017 and Robson could slot in as a bench/rotating hooker for next year.

I hope this is the plan anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As mentioned the only reason Hayne ended up at the titans is because DCE backflipped last year or they would have no cap space.
We need strong teams in places like the Gold Coast and Newcastle, Hayne going to the titans is good for the game, the NRL should help the Knights get a marquee player, their fans will only take so much of getting flogged every week before they stop turning up to game and buying memberships. Knights roster looks not much better for next year ethier.
The Knights have legit first graders in the halves - both Mullen and Hodkinson are former Origin players. What they need is more forwards who can tackle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think that I would go for Hunt before Reynolds. At least he takes on the line and isn't injury prone.

I would also look into Tuimoala Lolohea who is an absolute champion in any backline position and particularly 5/8th and fullback. So when RTS comes back next year he may find it even harder to get a start. Maybe great timing if we sounded him out and showed him the love.
Lolohea will wear 6 next year, with Leuluai gone.

TheRam

Coach
If you're talking about the MPA then it's not a TPA because it's capped. That's $400k of the MPA they can't spend on other players.

Irrelevant. A sponsor/benefactor plonked down 400 thousand G's for him and we didn't/couldn't.

But the point is both teams offered more or less the same amount under the cap. The difference was what he picked up from outside his base signon fee. However by 2018 I expect Parra to have the best capacity to aquire substantial TPS's then any other team in Sydney.

If we don't or at least be on par with the likes of teams like the Roosters then I fear we haven't progressed far at all as a club and all this pain we have just been through will have been for nought.

Like us between 2011 - 2013? Whilst I'm all for an even competition, I don't think the NRL helping particular teams sign a marquee player is the right way to go about it.
even saying what i said before, the NRL is not doing enough to help clubs in Western Sydney which have a threat from AFL that is even greater than that on the GC.
There is about 2 too many teams in sydney.
But who do you move?
Sharks would have been the one due to financial they had but they have fixed that up.
Tigers should play out of Campbelltown only.
Dragons out of wollongong.
So who do you move to Perth or Adelaide?
Thats where we need teams more than Sydney at present.

Latest posts