What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Irrelevant. A sponsor/benefactor plonked down 400 thousand G's for him and we didn't/couldn't.

But the point is both teams offered more or less the same amount under the cap. The difference was what he picked up from outside his base signon fee. However by 2018 I expect Parra to have the best capacity to aquire substantial TPS's then any other team in Sydney.

If we don't or at least be on par with the likes of teams like the Roosters then I fear we haven't progressed far at all as a club and all this pain we have just been through will have been for nought.

Both the Roosters and Broncos have proven this year that notwithstanding their endless flow of cash, it does not buy you success.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sorry but Robson should not be an option next year, he's done a great job for us in a stop gap role but gee whiz we should be aiming higher.
Benji Marshall, Sam Williams or Jackson Hastings (assuming the Chooks want him gone). These are the only options and Arthur might not like any of them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Irrelevant. A sponsor/benefactor plonked down 400 thousand G's for him and we didn't/couldn't.

But the point is both teams offered more or less the same amount under the cap. The difference was what he picked up from outside his base signon fee. However by 2018 I expect Parra to have the best capacity to aquire substantial TPS's then any other team in Sydney.

If we don't or at least be on par with the likes of teams like the Roosters then I fear we haven't progressed far at all as a club and all this pain we have just been through will have been for nought.
The Titans are run by the NRL. There is no way they would offer money outside the cap as an inducement to sign. It is against the rules.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Benji Marshall, Sam Williams or Jackson Hastings (assuming the Chooks want him gone). These are the only options and Arthur might not like any of them.
All of them are lengths better than options than Robson.

Seems like we are happy to give up on another season, good luck selling memberships then,

TheRam

Coach
even saying what i said before, the NRL is not doing enough to help clubs in Western Sydney which have a threat from AFL that is even greater than that on the GC.
There is about 2 too many teams in sydney.
But who do you move?
Sharks would have been the one due to financial they had but they have fixed that up.
Tigers should play out of Campbelltown only.
Dragons out of wollongong.
So who do you move to Perth or Adelaide?
Thats where we need teams more than Sydney at present.

The Roosters and give them time the Sharks will go broke again.

That is why the ineptness of the NRL in offering all clubs guaranteed lifetime franchise licenses, is the height of business amateurism. It will only foster more reckless and selfish behavior from clubs.

Banks are to big to fail is a perfect comparison.

Imagine if we all had a lifetime guaranteed get out of jail card, what would we get up to?

Gronk

Staff member
Are we really hanging our hats on a 23 yr old from the QLD cup who has mainly played fullback???

Who else is available ? I get that we need to try harder, but if there are no suitable players I'd prefer to hold off than sign a dud for 2 years for too much coin. FMD how many times have we done that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who else is available ? I get that we need to try harder, but if there are no suitable players I'd prefer to hold off than sign a dud for 2 years for too much coin. FMD how many times have we done that.
Thats fine, but that won't help us next year or sell memberships.

phantom eel

First Grade
Seems like we are happy to give up on another season, good luck selling memberships then,
Moving to Homebush Stadium is the death knell for ticketed memberships, not whether we sign a rep-level halfback.

We've done alright this year in terms of match results without a stellar halves combo (or Peats) for most of the season. We've retained the bulk of our pack, which is where the difference has really been - thanks mainly to Beau Scott.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
even saying what i said before, the NRL is not doing enough to help clubs in Western Sydney which have a threat from AFL that is even greater than that on the GC.
There is about 2 too many teams in sydney.
But who do you move?
Sharks would have been the one due to financial they had but they have fixed that up.
Tigers should play out of Campbelltown only.
Dragons out of wollongong.
So who do you move to Perth or Adelaide?
Thats where we need teams more than Sydney at present.

The NRL definitely need to do more to promote the game. I've seen countless ads on Fox for interstate AFL games whereas I can't remember the last time I saw an ad for an NRL game. If the NRL thinks it is up to the clubs to promote games then they need to hand out more money so they can budget for the level of promotion needed.

I don't think we need to move clubs interstate as they are already failed franchises. If we're going to set up a new club (in a new area) then they need their own identity.

I 100% agree that the dragons should play exclusively out of Wollongong and the Tigers exclusively out of Campbelltown. Even with the new Parramatta stadium I don't think that Penrith or the Tigers should play out of it even though it could potentially increase our LC revenue.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All of them are lengths better than options than Robson.

I'm sure we'll still sell plenty of memberships. We'll probably set a new record next year. Home crowds too, at a bigger stadium.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Should we take some games to Perth and expand our brand whilst rebuilding our stadium? I would.

If it is financially viable (like the NT sponsorship) then for sure but given Souths already take a game over there and there's been a couple of games this year I don't think the WA government would be as quick to offer us as much money as the NT government was.