What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
He got drunk and was a little loud and slurred his words. Big whoop

Well, I mean, he drunkenly verbally accosted a lady, refused to sit down and behave, and became agitated.

The NRL has a history of misbehaviour towards women - I'm sure BA and Bernie did not want to see one of our own drag the club, and the code, further into the mud...

Not because he plays for us but that the indiscretion is minor, very minor in fact, and definitely not a sackable offence imo. I can guarantee that if it was a Broncos/Storm player nothing would have been printed. After all News Ltd own most of the papers and have a stake in both clubs I believe.

That players at other clubs cop minor penalties for far worse indiscretions should be of more concern to the NRL. Here it is espousing/portraying a hard stance on bad behaviour but by their inaction enforcing tougher penalties means that they are not serious and only after the headlines.

So the fact that he has form for going through the window of a car and refusing a breath test and not telling the club about it is irrelevant?

You seem to have better information about the specifics of the incident than I do.

And, let's say that News Ltd decide to not report an incident of poor behaviour. Why the f**k would that stop the SMH and other media organisations not under Murdoch control from reporting it? Or are they all in on the conspiracy too (even if it denies these organisations valuable 'clicks')?

Gazzamatta

Coach
You're both completely missing the point.

They're not being tough on him because of the incident itself, the incident on it's own is pretty much nothing and probably would have only seen him get a small fine and maybe sit out the first game.

It's the fact that he didn't tell the club about it. Again. He's already been in trouble for not informing the club of an incident before, and he's gone and done it again.

It shows a lack of respect for the club, that is the issue, that's why they're being hard on him.
I reckon the major issue for the club was him being sh*t faced so close to the season starting. Very disrespectful to his team and coaches.

hindy111

Post Whore
You're both completely missing the point.

They're not being tough on him because of the incident itself, the incident on it's own is pretty much nothing and probably would have only seen him get a small fine and maybe sit out the first game.

It's the fact that he didn't tell the club about it. Again. He's already been in trouble for not informing the club of an incident before, and he's gone and done it again.

It shows a lack of respect for the club, that is the issue, that's why they're being hard on him.

What was he meant to tell them? This is actually what he may think has happened... I got drunk and dont remember much I fell asleep on plane. When I woke up I walked out of airport. I hope I wasn't loud or rude on plane. I didn't get arrested or break any laws. It was all a bit hazey. Must not of been anything too bad.

ash411

Bench
What was he meant to tell them? This is actually what he may think has happened... I got drunk and dont remember much I fell asleep on plane. When I woke up I walked out of airport. I hope I wasn't loud or rude on plane. I didn't get arrested or break any laws. It was all a bit hazey. Must not of been anything too bad.
That would have been better than NOTHING..

The club found out from a f**king journalist! The Players have a responsibility to the club, they are are ambassadors of the club and the sport, when they do something that could have the potential to stain the reputation of the club/sport then they are obliged to tell the club.

Don't get me wrong here, I like Peni, I would prefer him to play, I'm just letting you know that you're not understanding why he was stood down.

ash411

Bench
I reckon the major issue for the club was him being sh*t faced so close to the season starting. Very disrespectful to his team and coaches.
It's not a great look, but I bet you could put all league players in a big auditorium and throw a rock with your eyes closed and hit one that was blind drunk a week out from the season starting. Doesn't make it right, but it's not the worst thing. The behavior is probably worse than actually being drunk, If he had just have done what he was told, this is a non story.

Eelogical

Referee
Maybe airlines in general should be more self regulatory about who can board a plane when in comes to public drunkenness. They're OK with letting passengers board a plane after drinking in their lounge bars and then continue plying them with more of the same onboard. Of course, none of this excuses his behaviour, but it may have prevented it happening. The other passengers on such flights wouldn't disagree.

Maybe airlines in general should be more self regulatory about who can board a plane when in comes to public drunkenness. They're OK with letting passengers board a plane after drinking in their lounge bars and then continue plying them with more of the same onboard. Of course, none of this excuses his behaviour, but it may have prevented it happening. The other passengers on such flights wouldn't disagree.

Ummm...wasn't he supposed to have been drinking his own alcohol at the airport, then to have brought it on to the plane in his own cup, then got upset when the staff tried to take it off him?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/co...ed-after-flight-incident-20190311-p513d7.html

Angry_eel

First Grade
Ummm...wasn't he supposed to have been drinking his own alcohol at the airport, then to have brought it on to the plane in his own cup, then got upset when the staff tried to take it off him?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/co...ed-after-flight-incident-20190311-p513d7.html

In this day and age of airport security screening, how do you bring your own alcohol and start drinking in flight? Like Duty free or something? You're not meant to open those til you land.

Bazal

Post Whore
In this day and age of airport security screening, how do you bring your own alcohol and start drinking in flight? Like Duty free or something? You're not meant to open those til you land.

Apparently he had it in a Maccas cup, or similar.

Latest posts