What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
i think the nrl wld be on pretty dodgy ground if they refuse to register a contract for carney after this length of time.

Agreed. 100% they will register his contract. They will say they have done an investigation and had meetings with him, and he will right to go.

84 Baby

Referee
I hope you guys realize Staggs is full of shit and just playing with you guys but he's having a laugh watching everyone grasping at straws.
I like how everyone thinks Staggs has a clue. He is playing the lot of you.

LOLO
Well it sure appears like everyone has been taking him seriously...

Force
Star Wars
George Lucas
Steven Spielberg
Schindler's List
Liam Neeson
I will find you
Seeker
Judy Durham
Bull Durham
Kevin Costner
Robin Hood
Errol Flynn
Australian Crawl
The Boys Light Up
Dorseted
Dorset
England
Saint George's Cross
Dragons
Catalans

It's Todd Carney!

Gronk

Staff member
FMD Todd Carney would be a PR disaster. It would just give the media click bait fodder all over again.

No, no, no, no, no !!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Ben Hunt id say is a done deal.Brisbane are cooking something up.I reckon they will give Bennet his dream team to have a crack at title.Semi will do well there

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ben Hunt id say is a done deal.Brisbane are cooking something up.I reckon they will give Bennet his dream team to have a crack at title.Semi will do well there
Agreed. I reckon the fact we've signed Hoffman could mean that Radradra is goneskis. If not next year then definitely for 2018, the merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
Agreed. I reckon the fact we've signed Hoffman could mean that Radradra is goneskis. If not next year then definitely for 2018, the merkin.

He may well be looking to greener pastures, but I would think that if he's after the big coin then France/Japan is where he'll get real cash. Why leave to another state for an extra $100k when you can go live in France or Japan for an extra $600k ?

Anyway with the new cap in 2018 who is to say that we can afford to pay him $500k ? I'd rather lose Ma'u than Semi right now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Way i see it Pou.
BA wont tolerate his type of behavior and we are still sniffn around a back.
I doubt hunt would cost a whole lot more then what semi will want.

strider

Post Whore
He may well be looking to greener pastures, but I would think that if he's after the big coin then France/Japan is where he'll get real cash. Why leave to another state for an extra $100k when you can go live in France or Japan for an extra $600k ?

Anyway with the new cap in 2018 who is to say that we can afford to pay him $500k ? I'd rather lose Ma'u than Semi right now.
100k of broncos $s :wink:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't necessarily think he'll go to the Broncos but if he did I'm sure the difference to what we could offer would be significant. Like several hundred thousand dollars a year different.

As for France or Japan, they are a lot further from Fiji and his child in Sydney than Brisbane is. Plus is he even an Aussie citizen? If not that's a pretty attractive dangle for him to stay in the country.

Do you think Bennett would put up with Semi wanting to duck to Fiji every few weeks and in the off season come back late and miss a few weeks of preseason?
I think Semi has it pretty good with us, he deserves a payrise but.
He should be on at least $400k.
Best winger in the world, can single handedly win you a game.