What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Johnny88

Juniors
Brent Read just said on Triple M, That Lolohea wont be going anywhere. Parra , manly and dragons were sniffing around. Brent Lawrence not wanted at manly might go to sharks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why? Mansour is a beast.Runs for 150mtrs plus every game. Runs hard every hit up. Is commited 100% to his club. .Stayed for unders.
Has no court hearings or avo and assault charges. And doesn't run off and have a tantrum mid season for more money.
Semi is faster and better under high ball but mansour breaks more tackles and puts in more effort. I am not insane just not blind.
People are kidding if they dont think semi wasnt milking us for money when we where at our weakest and most desperate.
That left a bad smell with me.

Be honest with yourself, and think about the areas in which Mansour is head and shoulders above Semi:

Speed? No chance.

Power? Doubt it.

Skill? Hell, no.

Kick returns? No way.

I like Mansour - I like him a lot - but I have not seen Mansour send tight forwards flying back like bowling pins as regularly as Semi does.

Semi is faster, more skillful, more marketable, just as String (I'd even argue he's stronger tbh)...

The only category in which Mansour wins hands down is price - he's better value, because he's cheaper, because he's not as good

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mansour is a poor man's Radradra (which is not an insult) and always carves us up. I reckon every team needs a winger like that, especially with a small fullback like Moylan or French. The Broncos already have Corey Oates though.

I love Mansour - I really do.

But hypothetically replacing the real Semi with a poor man's Semi makes no sense to me, unless Semi is gone, and we need a replacement.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I am realistic.
Your judgement of jnrs hmm...davis and tanginoa the best jnrs since hindmarsh.That was you yes?

Nope I never stated that Davis and Tanginoa were the best juniors since Hindmarsh. I never compare juniors with first grade players that is unfair on both parties, it puts unwarranted pressure on the young kids and is talking down established first grade players.

Yes I did believe that both players would be playing more first grade than what they have. Thank f*** I'm not a junior recruiter or claim to know all about the junior system. Yes I have my opinion and I'll gladly share it when no one wants to hear it but I am far from an expert.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I love Mansour - I really do.

But hypothetically replacing the real Semi with a poor man's Semi makes no sense to me, unless Semi is gone, and we need a replacement.

If Semi leaves you don't and can't replace him. He's just on another level. You get a winger and you change your structure so that your left winger doesn't have the 2nd most touches of any player outside your spine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nope I never stated that Davis and Tanginoa were the best juniors since Hindmarsh. I never compare juniors with first grade players that is unfair on both parties, it puts unwarranted pressure on the young kids and is talking down established first grade players.

Yes I did believe that both players would be playing more first grade than what they have. Thank f*** I'm not a junior recruiter or claim to know all about the junior system. Yes I have my opinion and I'll gladly share it when no one wants to hear it but I am far from an expert.
I reckon every junior is going to fail to become a first grader and most of the time I'm right. The few times I'll put my neck out it's when there's an obvious outlier - like Tui Afualo playing NYC the year he turns 17. But even that's no guarantee.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Semi leaves you don't and can't replace him. He's just on another level. You get a winger and you change your structure so that your left winger doesn't have the 2nd most touches of any player outside your spine.

I agree completely.

Semi is more than just a winger - he genuinely is our talisman, and he's so far ahead of the second best winger in the game that it's kind of sad.

Basil Brush

Juniors
I am not a big fan of paying your winger 500k but in the current salary cap Semi is worth it. Can do the work of a forward and a gun back.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. It would suck to lose Radradra but four teams are playing for a grand final spot this weekend with worse wingers than him.

No player is irreplaceable but some are obviously easier to replace than others. The total amount of quality under your cap (and outside it) is what's important.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think we can get by without Semi, but I reckon we should do everything in our power to a reasonable level to keep him.

If he goes, though, you replace him with another winger and move on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not a big fan of paying your winger 500k but in the current salary cap Semi is worth it. Can do the work of a forward and a gun back.
The thing is I'm certain he can get more than $500k, though probably a fair bit of it would be outside the cap. If we can only offer salary cap money should we match his other offers?

Basil Brush

Juniors
The thing is I'm certain he can get more than $500k, though probably a fair bit of it would be outside the cap. If we can only offer salary cap money should we match his other offers?
I would match up to 500k in the cap.

Think of 3-5 players in our squad who are more important. I would say Norman and then i struggle.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well we now have a respectable back office and about 6 months to sought out our TPA situation before we lose him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon every junior is going to fail to become a first grader and most of the time I'm right. The few times I'll put my neck out it's when there's an obvious outlier - like Tui Afualo playing NYC the year he turns 17. But even that's no guarantee.

Yep, that's the method I go by now especially when you have people like gouldy111 ( a.k.a Lord of the bantz) who want to bring in the classic banter whenever they can.

Tui is something special that's for sure. I know it isn't on public record but I will spruik that I said to Forty20 in a conversation in late 2014 that Tui would be one to look out for, when he was just 15.

Latest posts