What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

It was aimed at the fans to calm the f**k down. Interesting that we re-signed the one who seemed most likely to leave too.
It read as if it might have been aimed at the players letting their managers run negotiations through the media, instead of directly with ton the club's football office on he basis of offers tabled.

My take on the consultant coaches is that Ennis is definitely part of a deal enticing Mahoney it's worth his while staying (even if our monetary offer is smaller than others). MacGregor perhaps focussing on edge defence structures (remembering that we were screwed on Ferguson's side plenty often, and will need to fix that to be serious contenders).

I'm glad RCG has re-signed, hopefully the first of a few soon to agree to terms being offered. Age 32 in his final year might see him doing less minutes and starting from the bench, but that's years away and not a problem. Could probably throw Junior a 3 year contract (or 2 with an option) on reasonable terms, so that he ends at the same age and stage?

Gutheron either signs or he doesn't, but we can do without a repeat of his manager's/media drama about it. He's passionate and a decent leader (except when calling Opacic as spastic), but ultimately is just a fringe-Origin level player and nothing, so we shouldn't break the bank over it.

My point is the Panthers were never paying us, they were paying RCG.

Yes, for a proportion of their obligations to him under his final Panthers contract, but that contract is a two-way street. If he just retired right now (or if he had retired at the start of the 2020 season), would Penrith have to keep paying him til 2024 (or to end of 2022)?

I guess one variable at play here is whether the original Eels contract with RCG is identical to the one he signed with the Panthers (i.e. are the terms of the options identical...but I don't see why they would differ). Hoops is in the Murdoch press today claiming that Penrith are still kicking in $250k per season til 2024.

But plenty of posters on the Panthers forum are pointing out that Hoops doesn't know shit and that Panthers obligations to RCG finish at the end of the 2022 season (i.e the end of his 2018 contract, which terminates as he let the option lapse). And that sounds by far like the most likely circumstance to me.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Curtis scott?

“Parramatta are considering handing Curtis Scott a lifeline next season.
The Eels, South Sydney and North Queensland have discussed signing Scott but it is Parramatta who has emerged a shock contender in recent days.

The Tigers also considered handing the premiership winner another crack at the NRL.

Scott, 24, has not played since May after being stood down by the Raiders. He was sacked by Canberra in August after a nightclub incident.

Scott was also fined $15,000 by the NRL after being charged with assault. Scott case will be mentioned in court on Monday.

His contract will need to be approved by the NRL.

Scott has been working at his brother’s landscaping business as he waited for an opportunity to resurrect his career.

He told the Sunday Telegraph he had attended Alcoholics Anonymous and undergone psychiatric treatment in a desperate bid to get back into the top grade.

“I’ve been to the lowest of the lows,” Scott said in August. “You can’t get any lower. It was as dark as it gets.

“I’d had enough of feeling shit,” he said. “I probably haven’t been happy for five years.”

Scott could compete with youngster Will Penisini and Waqa Blake for a starting centre spot if he joins the Eels.

He burst onto the scene winning a premiership in his first full season of first grade with the Storm in 2017 and was touted as a NSW player in waiting.

Veteran hooker Mitch Rein is Parramatta’s only addition to their squad after the off-season departures of Blake Ferguson, Will Smith, Michael Oldfield and Joey Lussick.”

King-Gutho94

Coach
Curtis scott?

The Eels, South Sydney and North Queensland have discussed signing Scott but it is Parramatta who has emerged a shock contender in recent days.

The Tigers also considered handing the premiership winner another crack at the NRL.

Scott, 24, has not played since May after being stood down by the Raiders. He was sacked by Canberra in August after a nightclub incident.

Scott was also fined $15,000 by the NRL after being charged with assault. Scott case will be mentioned in court on Monday.

Scott has been working at his brother’s landscaping business as he waited for an opportunity to resurrect his career.

He told the Sunday Telegraph he had attended Alcoholics Anonymous and undergone psychiatric treatment in a desperate bid to get back into the top grade.

“I’ve been to the lowest of the lows,” Scott said in August. “You can’t get any lower. It was as dark as it gets.

“I’d had enough of feeling shit,” he said. “I probably haven’t been happy for five years.”

Scott could compete with youngster Will Penisini and Waqa Blake for a starting centre spot if he joins the Eels.

He burst onto the scene winning a premiership in his first full season of first grade with the Storm in 2017 and was touted as a NSW player in waiting.

Veteran hooker Mitch Rein is Parramatta’s only addition to their squad after the off-season departures of Blake Ferguson, Will Smith, Michael Oldfield and Joey Lussick.”
No thanks i would rather stick with waqa blake who at least isnt an absolute grub of a person like Curtis scott.

What do we stand for as a club if we sign him like seriously. Its not like he is talented anyway. Makes me worried we will sign Tyrone May one day.

The NRL should be making these players sit out 2 years anyway what lesson do they learn when another club picks them up straight away.

Gronk

Staff member
Curtis scott?

Curtis Scott is an unusual project. He’d need to take a massive paycut over what others would probably pay. Is he a starting centre with Waqa on the wing ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I read that The Pennys will extend Salmons contract with a view to him replacing Burton/Momorovski in the centres next year. Will be interesting viewing.