What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
It’s a ringing endorsement for the club and coach, I suppose he just saw his two captains squeeze the club for every last drop. Why not him as well??? Hardly this destination hotspot we keep hearing about from Gronk and co……….

Just like Bellamy and the Storm? He is dragging on his decision so players don't know who the coach will be leave or drag on their contract.
The Storm have given Munster 4 deadlines to accept the contract.

hindy111

Post Whore
How do you know that we haven't broached the subject with Brown's management already, and been advised that he wants to test his value on the open market?

A lot of assumptions are being made here.

Yes. If he plans to go open market its cause he isn't that invested in the club and wants to take them for every last dam cent. That's a culture issue.
A junior who loves the club will accept what is seen a fair deal. Of course the Dolphins will pay him more. So if this is what he is about then we must look at the type of culture we've built at the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just like Bellamy and the Storm? He is dragging on his decision so players don't know who the coach will be leave or drag on their contract.
The Storm have given Munster 4 deadlines to accept the contract.
Munster isn’t a 22 young bloke who hasn’t really achieved anything in the game. He’s done everything in the game and is after one last pay day. Newly married with a kid after spending almost a decade of being a mad merkin he’s priorities have changed. Brown still owes this club plenty as far as I’m concerned and you’d think he be happy to stay at his junior club with SuperCoach Brad??? Maybe being continually shunted for Giraffe boy might be playing a part???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes. If he plans to go open market its cause he isn't that invested in the club and wants to take them for every last dam cent. That's a culture issue.
A junior who loves the club will accept what is seen a fair deal. Of course the Dolphins will pay him more. So if this is what he is about then we must look at the type of culture we've built at the club.
Remember when we re-signed Bea Arthur to keep all his loyal players at the club?? Nek Minnett 6 walk out the door while our club captains squeeze the club for every cent.

“The boys love playing for BA” 😂😂😂

JokerEel

Coach
Munster isn’t a 22 young bloke who hasn’t really achieved anything in the game. He’s done everything in the game and is after one last pay day. Newly married with a kid after spending almost a decade of being a mad merkin he’s priorities have changed. Brown still owes this club plenty as far as I’m concerned and you’d think he be happy to stay at his junior club with SuperCoach Brad??? Maybe being continually shunted for Giraffe boy might be playing a part???

Munster is 28 doubt he has 1 last contract in him.
But him playing the Storm is hurting them alot more than Brown will be.

I also agree Brown should either sign up now or piss off. Gutho and his manager dragged it out and we probably lost players due to it. Or possibly players. If BA was all that great they would be signing up to play for him.

chiefy1

Juniors
Well why would we not wrap up our hottest talent in 20yrs before contracts up? You let him hit the open market. Low ball him and hope he stays ffs. That's how you negotiate.
If he leaves then see what Newcastle has floating rnd in NSW CUP

Brad knows he has his sin waiting for any opportunity.
Munster is 28 doubt he has 1 last contract in him.
But him playing the Storm is hurting them alot more than Brown will be.

I also agree Brown should either sign up now or piss off. Gutho and his manager dragged it out and we probably lost players due to it. Or possibly players. If BA was all that great they would be signing up to play for him.

Don't think we should be comparing Gutherson who is the captain and influential leader of the club to Dylan who's still only a kid. What dollarman gutho did using the media as leverage was disgraceful and the captaincy should have been taken away instantly. Other players certainly took note at how dollarman Gutherson put himself before the team and club, an many have left accordingly

yy_cheng

Coach
Lebron will probably struggle tackling the likes of teddy and too

He"ll probably sirens short of time in the bin

Gazzamatta

Coach
Is there a need to defend the signing of an 17 year old signed from Mal Meninga U18s who "might" play FG in 3 years ?
Apparently.
Look Gronky, the kid could be a champion and we all hope he is. Under our current coach there is only one player who gets fast tracked so its his chances of getting opportunities I question.
Ever thought of applying for our vacant defence coach position mate? 😁

Eelementary

Post Whore

I dare say most 22-year olds would prefer a deal of $1 million per season, over $800,000; loyalty is to their wallets, and their families.

This notion that players should be loyal to the club is antiquated, and a little redundant, imo - if his form dropped, or he suffered a long-term injury, the club wouldn't think twice about replacing him.

Why should he forgo a chance at big money to please the fans?

gaffer

Juniors
Unfortunately I think Penrith have produced the blue print on how to win in NRL. That is smaller forwards that are fast and agile. They must be superbly fit as their line speed never seems to diminish and they constantly get 2-3 players into every tackle and it's almost impossible to go around them.

The success in Parra beating them is fast line speed in D which they did in the 2 win games but was completely absent in the last game. It appears as if our players are unable to maintain this defensive intensity for more than 3 games AND we must play with 17 players and not 15!!! We now have 3 games to get back (to good Parra) and maintain good D to win the g/f.
didn't we go that way one year and then they changed the rules to suit big boppers

Gronk

Staff member
Apparently.
Look Gronky, the kid could be a champion and we all hope he is. Under our current coach there is only one player who gets fast tracked so its his chances of getting opportunities I question.
Ever thought of applying for our vacant defence coach position mate? 😁

4dc24635-02a2-4d9c-a662-bd940c332186_text.gif

Latest posts