What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I didn’t say there is anything wrong with it. I just cannot coo him. He took us for a massive ride the blood is a grub of the highest order.

I think the guy has a lot of demons off the field and when he finally retires who knows where they take him? But yes I think you are probably right, lets just say he doesn't strike me as a very praiseworthy person.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I’m not a fan of Foran but what’s wrong with intimidating players? I’d love it if we had someone who took on that role!

Who would you take?

Who legitimately intimidates opposition players?

Gareth Hock would definitely have fit that, because he was legitimately a sociopath.

But in the NRL? I can't think of many players, tbh.

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon after next season we will have a problem with our pack, it will be that year older and less dynamic and unbalanced. The Roosters are going through it now.
Yup, as i said last year we needed to keep a young un and an old un.

Jnr and marata
Or
Rcg and ice

But we kept the 2 old bulls.

We can see jnr slowing. Rcg is still up there but he will slow probably 2025. That's why i think emu is important.

Eventually jnr will be a benchy

Ba needs to really work out how to use them... And not the.. They get paid alot so they play more minutes

Rather them playing quality minutes

Someone said it before, jnr last year was on twice on the first half and i think that's what we should go back to

20 mins jnr off
30 mins jnr on
Halftime
55 mins jnr off
65 mins jnr on

Of course it depends on the game dynamically but that would be the plan

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon after next season we will have a problem with our pack, they will be that year older, less dynamic and unbalanced. The Roosters are going through it now.
The Storm just got rid of a bunch of senior forwards. They kept them competitive until 33 (Jromwich), 31 (Kromwich) and 30 (Kaufusi). But Wayne Bennett was happy enough to build his pack around senior forwards. He has five of them over the age of 30. There are benefits to experience, and in any case, if they are so old that no merkin wants them it means they are more affordable and leave cap space for other signings.

My point is it's not worth whinging about. You take the good with the bad.

hindy111

Post Whore
[/QUOTE]
Who would you take?

Who legitimately intimidates opposition players?

Gareth Hock would definitely have fit that, because he was legitimately a sociopath.

But in the NRL? I can't think of many players, tbh.

The Vicous fish. He rattled the Storms middle with his ferocious hitting.
Of course Pou says he is average along with Yeo,Martin and Leota. All just average forwards.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Of course Pou says he is average along with Yeo,Martin and Leota. All just average forwards.
[/QUOTE]

JFH is physical, and plays tough - I'm not sure I'd call him "intimidating".

hindy111

Post Whore

JFH is physical, and plays tough - I'm not sure I'd call him "intimidating".
[/QUOTE]

With all the rules these days it's hard to be intimidating without getting a suspension

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeo is one of the best forwards in the game. JFH is an elite defender. Leota only plays 30 minutes and only runs the ball when the opposition is fingered. He is a cat.

Incorrect

Coach
He would know! Good guy. He used to frequent these forums a long time ago as he was starting out.
Lol. He mentioned in his segment today that Arthur Lewis-Stephenson or whatever his name is will be debuting tomorrow but he didn't know anything about him... Host Andrew Moore asked him a follow up question and if it was locked in, and he basically said, "well, according to Parramatta fan forums it is"

Lol