What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Absolutely.

I could well be wrong about Jake, but I see him as a 150+ First Grade player, who never sets the world on fire, but is dependable.
On Saturday MMM, Moses said hat he was absolutely a First Grader rather than a subby playing First Grade. With regards to the lower team enquiring about him, Gordy said it would be career suicide to go to a shit team for Jake and that he should hang around at the Eels until he's 21 or 22 and go to a good club.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t know mate, I’m not at training. Ask the others ^^^^ they either are at training a lot or have the ability to judge based on what they see on the telly.

Well this is true. I spotted Lane in the trial and said he would be having a huge season. Some of us have a good eye for talent.
You're a nice guy but have no idea when comes to this sort of stuff. But you can't be good at everything.

TheRam

Coach
Notable that joey hasn't been involved with our team/halves this year. I'd believe his synopsis based on last year's output for Drown. Listening to Dylan on ABC Grandstand yesterday, he's as switched on as he needs to be as a 21 year old half imo. And it's well documented, by his own admission that his performances and prep in 2021 left a lot to be desired....

And yet the apologists were still defending him last year. The youth excuse is only applicable to a limit. Dylan was making school boy level errors or not participating and taking a back seat way to much. That wasn't due to fitness but indecisiveness because he hadn't done the homework and therefore would leave it up to the senior players like Gutho and Moses even though he is probably as good either of them and they needed his support as Moses has so often publically stated.

The only part of Dylan's game that is spot on at this point is his defense. In every other aspect he needs improving and if he had put in the homework he would be way more involved for the full 80 minutes and be better at it.

I'm not trying to attack Dylan here. I am just pointing out that he hasn't done the homework that I would insist that all our players do. There are no excuses like 'I wasn't switched on or my personal life was upside down and couldn't get it together' nonsense.

He is a professional and is being paid accordingly. The extra homework that is necessary, would only support and strengthen his game day output and performance no matter what his personal life is like. When you put the work in and focus on that, even if things aren't that great at home or your personal life in general, it helps you go into auto pilot and produce at a high standard, like muscle memory does.

Now without knowing what Dylan's distractions were last season, I hardly think they would have been earth shattering nightmarish ones. He even has admitted to as much. They most probably would have typical young mans dramas that we all go through. Something that extra hard work could help you get your focus off and make you a better person in the long run. Who is or are his mentors at the club? He is one of our prized bulls ffs. We need to make sure we give him every opportunity to produce like a prized bull should.

In the corporate world management knows the value of potentially high quality, young personnel and pears them up with an old and wise mentor type that can guide them through the pitfalls and bounce ideas around and offer solutions to situations or problems. Do we have people like this around our club that can be respected mentors to our players or respected pests that hound our players to do the extra video sessions or drills even when the players don't feel like it like the Johns boys had?

These are all the little things that make the world of difference in the end. Our coach for example has been around for nearly 10 years now, giving the same message over and over. The players would appreciate different voices that are knowledgeable and that they respect who can give them that little bit extra beyond the normal routine. For example there are many wise old former club players and or coaches that could easily be sort out and asked to mentor some of our players. Just an idea. But all these little ideas are what we need to be putting together and leave no stone unturned if we want to finally bring home the trophy. Otherwise what's the point? We just keep making excuses?

TheRam

Coach
We are 100% a better team. We no longer struggle to get out of trouble. We rarely go side to side anymore. We usually earn the right to go wide. We rarely put the queue in the rack. We rarely drop our heads and often chase teams down.

The flaws are only how the team don't turn up against the shits sides. That's player leadership and the guys like Moses Gutho and Jnr clearly are not displaying the urgency and focus that is required. To shift that over to Ennis or Joey is crazy. Blaming Murphy is baseless agenda mongering.

Oh my God!

You must be watching with 1981 glasses on.

What a dribbler.

TheRam

Coach
Interestingly, Jake Arthur credited Joey in his post match interview on Friday. I thought the merkin was no longer at the club.

Maybe because he was the only merkin who actually listened to him. Maybe most of the rest of the squad are just to cool to be footy heads and don't do the extra homework that is needed to get to the next level.

One thing that the BA family can't be accused of is being committed and living and breathing footy.

TheRam

Coach
Well this is true. I spotted Lane in the trial and said he would be having a huge season. Some of us have a good eye for talent.
You're a nice guy but have no idea when comes to this sort of stuff. But you can't be good at everything.

Come again Hindy?

Now you know I love you buddy, but nice guy, and what exactly is he good at?

Gazzamatta

Coach
At least I can say I’ve been in Dylbags corner since day 1. Even last year his rise has been very exciting!! He’s our X factor and our most important player going forward. What could he be doing in 4 years time?? Scary to think I just hope it’s with us.
Well I liked him the first time I saw him play so beat that. 😁
Watch his game from behind the posts one day. His anticipation and game awareness is sublime and has been from day dot. He just needs to mature. As they say "he's a footy player".

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe because he was the only merkin who actually listened to him. Maybe most of the rest of the squad are just to cool to be footy heads and don't do the extra homework that is needed to get to the next level.

One thing that the BA family can't be accused of is being committed and living and breathing footy.
I reckon Johns is good at teaching specific things like kick techniques but tactics wise be all over the shop and confuse his mentees.
Also I reckon Drown is full of shit. He’s just playing up his aloofness to football. He’d watch a ton of football.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon Johns is good at teaching specific things like kick techniques but tactics wise be all over the shop and confuse his mentees.
Also I reckon Drown is full of shit. He’s just playing up his aloofness to football. He’d watch a ton of football.
I thought the same. As if he didn't know who Cody Walker is ?

His response was probably based on what most people think of the angry sledging prick.

Avenger

Immortal
@Gronk only uses Twitter as a valuable source.

Latest posts