What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
We still overachieved mate. Our defence was the 8th best in the comp and the most consecutive games we ever won was 3 in a row. We were a very inconsistent side that peaked at the right time and shit the bed when it mattered, again.

We are f**king cursed.
Good morning mate. I hope you woke this morning in a better mood. We had a great year and created some great memories. Realistically the team that beat us is in a juggernaut period. Getting showed up by the Muhammad Ali or the Michael Jordan of NRL teams is not shameful.

The countdown is on to Valentines Day in Feb when the new season trials start. Bring it on.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Good morning mate. I hope you woke this morning in a better mood. We had a great year and created some great memories. Realistically the team that beat us is in a juggernaut period. Getting showed up by the Muhammad Ali or the Michael Jordan of NRL teams is not shameful.

The countdown is on to Valentines Day in Feb when the new season trials start. Bring it on.
Right now in my depressed state, I can easily see us making another grand final only to be belted again by amazing team. Or someone will.

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe. Noone thought we could make it this year either. I just think that we still have a team that can get us close, even next year. We may explode but surely this experience will count for something. But the Panthers just seem to be getting stronger.

Yeah well they won u18s, u21s, reserves and NRL. They are certainly not going anywhere.

lingard

Coach
I agree with you on our weaknesses.

Our backline is pedestrian, we need a speedy centre and a metre eater winger.

Our halves who have won nothing yet want a million each to stay.

Our best player is Gutherson who is slowing every year.
I reckon we already have a speedy centre: Simmondson. We desperately need to buy a winger. And offload Waqa Blake.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hard game to watch but they are light years ahead of every other team. No team could have beat them based on last nites form. They'll come back to the pack a bit with loss kikau and Koriousau? next year.

Going forward firstly let go every player we think unsuitable for fg (waqa for example and many in lower grades). Think we have to recruit from Panfers juniors (their Fiji winger in NSW Cup looks good) and train the way we want to play which is a quick moving defense. Will be hard with WC but defense is key and attack will come. Build the team around our halves and play hardball with other players re pay. Build team around speed, speedy wingers and centres and quick forwards with skill.

I doubt they will - their NSW Cup hooker is a younger version of Koirosau.

They will keep the juggernaut rolling.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It will be interesting to see what Ciraldo does with The Dogs defence. If hes the bloke that masterminded The Pennys D as suggested then look out. I anticipate a huge improvement in the Dogs based on that D.

Soto

Bench
Apart from Dylan Edwards the penrith backine is not express at all.
They know their job and they do it bloody well.
To'o is probably one of the slowest wingers. He admitted himself but he is bullocking.
Staines is their quickest back but he doesn't make the side if May is fit.
He is on the outer. Would we want to make a play at him? Most would say no.
Apparently Tigers are keen on him but Daine Laurie is a better player and fullback.
I don't blame our backs but we need more work from Sivo and more dummy half running.
With Russell, Dunster, Simonsson, Cini, Komolafe and Naiduki there is enough for one of them to train the house down and grab a wing and centre spot assuming Waqa is not in 1st grade.
One thing penrith has clearly over everyone else is that they are the fittest team in the comp. Cowboys are a close 2nd.
Penrith is also relentless. When they smell blood they go for it. There is no let up.
Better fitness and a more ruthless attitude will help exorcise the demons for us.
I hope we add 4 or 5 more signings to Hopgood and Hodgson. That Moimosea bloke is a waste. Poor signing.
I hope Murchie is done and Mataele from NSW cup is given a go.
Hopefully we also see Hands and Yates get more opportunities. Genuine utilities.
Although JA may now have a mortgage on the utility spot. I don't think that's good for his own development.
Again fitness and attitude is what penrith has streets ahead of everyone else.
They know what it takes.
For mine not going into camp and not training at Accor prior were mistakes.