What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach

When Gus had the Dog Mahoney at the Chinese restaurant at Canterbury leagues last year.

Gus probably promised Reed the captaincy one day as well.

I recall the last premiership win in 2004 the Dogs had their premiership winning captain was poached by Parramatta.

MrBlack

Juniors
Been reading this forum for a few weeks now and enjoying the conversation.

my observations as a fan from another club is

1. let Moses go. Not sure he is your mesiah
2. Let D Brown be the main man
3. Sign a value half. I’m thinking a Fogerty type player
4. Invest in an x-factor fullback. You guys really need some x-factor. Thinking a Reece Walsh type signing.
5. Gutho to the bench as a super sub. He is safe at the back but at times too safe. But would be great off the bench.

I think that would be next level stuff.

Be interested in what you guys think

hindy111

Post Whore

4. Invest in an x-factor fullback. You guys really need some x-factor. Thinking a Reece Walsh type signing.
5. Gutho to the bench as a super sub. He is safe at the back but at times too safe. But would be great off the bench.

Guthersons on 780k. He can't be a bench unfortunately.
But agree with the rest.

Incorrect

Coach

If only drown had a better kicking game, I could live with him at 7 long term with Guth at 6 and then go and get that x-factor/superstar fullback like a Manu or Papenhouso...

Eelementary

Post Whore

Interesting thoughts.

My take:

1. We need outside backs with power, and speed, and high work rates.

2. We need mobile, fit, and agile forwards, over steamrollers.

Penrith has proved that a combination of big outside backs who eat up metres, and a hard working, mobile pack, goes way further than outside backs with power (but low work rate, or no speed), and big forwards who offer power (but little else).

Chipmunk

Coach
Other then the Manly game at brookie.

SFA.

But on the other hand our attack can be easily nullified when Jake is there as he offers nothing else but a grubber kick into in goal so teams can double team up on Gutho and Brown when it comes to our attack.
Who do think the half back from 2024 will be if Moses is not here?

hindy111

Post Whore
In theory Moses /Guth works better then Dylan and Guth.
I just feel Moses isn't a winner while Brown is.

Problem is if we let Moses go it's doesn't guarantee we get an explosive fullback. We may end up with duck eggs and no Moses.
Plus Gutherson is still very safe defense wise and that's the area we need to improve mostly