What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
He's our most experienced 14.

I'll bet he is our 14 but instead of just playing 5 mins a game, he will sub Hodgson and play longer minutes.

yeah it’s a great deal of experience too. Don’t let me get started on the quality.

how could he be our most experienced with Mitch rein in the squad?

here’s a tip. Don’t go down the poo path, where you’re looking to post just to get reactions from others. Ja has done sweet F^*k to warrant a spot in the 17. Being in Reggie’s or even a lower grade will Only benefit him, the team and the coach. Once his form warrants selection as a 14, so be it.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
If he's interchanging with Hodgson he'll be playing more than 10 min a game.

so he was on the bench in 22 to cover the halves? He (ja) didn’t get an enough game time so we punt our 80 minute hooker (or close to it) for an aging one, just so we give the coaches son more game time?

gee it’s all falling into place now. I can’t wait for 2024 where he’ll either be a starting half or hooker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Potential utilities. Hands, Yates, Asi and Rein . JA needs to run the reggies to deveop his game.
Everyone keeps on talking about hands/Yates, but both are 23 or so and neither have an NRL contract for next year or ever (top 30 or development).

But if they really were serious options they would have one now. Obviously things can change, but at this stage they don’t appear to be that highly rated as potential NRL players.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
so he was on the bench in 22 to cover the halves? He (ja) didn’t get an enough game time so we punt our 80 minute hooker (or close to it) for an aging one, just so we give the coaches son more game time?

gee it’s all falling into place now. I can’t wait for 2024 where he’ll either be a starting half or hooker.
Yes. We punted Mahoney so JA could get a better role. The Dogs didn't offer Mahoney a metric f**k tonne of money that we weren't prepared to match. I must have dreamt about that bit...

IFR33K

Coach
Yes. We punted Mahoney so JA could get a better role. The Dogs didn't offer Mahoney a metric f**k tonne of money that we weren't prepared to match. I must have dreamt about that bit...

I don’t think there would have been a great amount of $$$ offered between us and the dogs tbh.

I just think people trying to justify ja’s inclusion in the 17 is a little bizarre. Or maybe what you did dream about, is that in 2022 ja looked good in grade when he filled in or got on the field.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don’t think there would have been a great amount of $$$ offered between us and the dogs tbh.

I just think people trying to justify ja’s inclusion in the 17 is a little bizarre. Or maybe what you did dream about, is that in 2022 ja looked good in grade when he filled in or got on the field.
I'm not trying to justify JA's inclusion in the 17. Just stated what I think will happen.

Who you or I would pick is irrelevant.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not trying to justify JA's inclusion in the 17. Just stated what I think will happen.

Who you or I would pick is irrelevant.

12 months ago people here stated the decks were cleared for ja to be promoted or get more of a chance. Those people got laughed at.

people here justified ja’s inclusion in the 17 by saying, “he’s cover for our halves”, “it makes sense”, “Moses was concussed” or “Moses is held together by tape”. Now we don’t have rheed, but an older hooker, now the consensus is he’ll be cover for hooker.

funny how he’s the only ‘half’ signed up for 2024

SneakyEel

Juniors
And a better wing option than Waqa - someone who isn't a risk under high kicks, and is strong enough to make some yardage on the early tackles.
We got Dunster. Saw him recently and he looks to have put on a lot of size since his injury. I think he'll get the first run on the wing over Waqa.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn’t? And I can’t tell if ur serious. Scrums usually see a shift.
Nah. Even Rabs Warren eventually stopped saying shit like “Andrew Fifita standing at FIVE-EIGHTH!!!”
Penalties are usually taken by either the centre or edge forward.
Sometimes. It depends where on the field. Closer to the opposition line they like to get to the middle as often as possible, including on first tackle.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
12 months ago people here stated the decks were cleared for ja to be promoted or get more of a chance. Those people got laughed at.

people here justified ja’s inclusion in the 17 by saying, “he’s cover for our halves”, “it makes sense”, “Moses was concussed” or “Moses is held together by tape”. Now we don’t have rheed, but an older hooker, now the consensus is he’ll be cover for hooker.

funny how he’s the only ‘half’ signed up for 2024
Yeah. I don’t really like JA either mate, but what are you going to do about, start a petition?

I wish we had better depth and I’d prefer not to see the lanky turd playing first grade but I predict he’ll play as much, if not more first grade in 2023 than he did in 2022.

Its very exciting.

Latest posts