What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I can’t believe this tbh. If Gutho is playing first grade Rugby League it should be at 1. He could do a job in the centres or at 6 but his game is suited as fullback.

He’s not a ‘game-breaker’ but he contributes each and every week to our team and imo in terms of overall output has been our best player over the last 6-7 seasons.

This must be a coaching decision which I find the most surprising, BA loves Gutho. We have plenty of X-Factor players but we are definitely missing a strike centre/winger, that should be the focus.

JokerEel

First Grade
So we are not looking for a full back but a 14.
So who would want to come to the club and play 14 take away anyone that is currently starting for their current club.

Jai Field is a no he will want a starting sport
RTS is going to Japan if not resigned by NZ RU.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I don't think he'll be too fussy about starting if the money is right, and if his priority is to stop having to doing the long-distance stuff in his relationship.

And the chat with Gutho might have taken into account his future ageing (or as Pou might say demise), and if it was Field he might end up getting a starting gig at fullback in 2024 or beyond. Good to see the club thinking and planning for the future.

Hell, if we suffer an injury or two at fullback, half or five eighth, Field would even get a starting spot with us now.

TheCrowe

Juniors
So we are not looking for a full back but a 14.
So who would want to come to the club and play 14 take away anyone that is currently starting for their current club.

RTS is going to Japan if not resigned by NZ RU.
Makes no sense.

JokerEel

First Grade
The only reason we are having this conversation is not because of Gutherson it’s because our game breaker has been asleep at the wheel and started the season poorly. I don’t even have to reveal his name, everyone knows who that is.

Yea shouldn't this player be our game breaker? He can't be stuck on the left hand side of the field

JokerEel

First Grade
I don't think he'll be too fussy about starting if the money is right, and if his priority is to stop having to doing the long-distance stuff in his relationship.

And the chat with Gutho might have taken into account his future ageing (or as Pou might say demise), and if it was Field he might end up getting a starting gig at fullback in 2024 or beyond. Good to see the club thinking and planning for the future.

Hell, if we suffer an injury or two at fullback, half or five eighth, Field would even get a starting spot with us now.

He left us to get a starting spot though. I don't see him being effective in the NRL at all.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes. They already knew the family. So BS? No.
You come across as a bit of dickhead. Have you always been this way?
Getting all sweary is pointless. Just stop with the BS and you won’t find yourself getting caught out.

If we have the cap space, why does it matter what Gutho gets for playing centre?
Or is just that you wanted to have a go at out coach and management?
The whole situation is diabolical. It’s poor management. Why re-sign him for top money and then move him a year later? He was good fullback but not great. Now he will be an average 3/4 on top money. It does not make sense. If true, management have lost the plot. He should not have been re-signed from the start if they didn’t rate him.