What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Nah don't snip it. Address the points. It'll be fun.
I already did mate....Tigers snapped up Stef very young for a high price that is good value and had to expend the cost of developing a good but very young prop in the NRL. All of you "points" that you raised are criticism of a 20-21 yo prop in the toughest position in the toughest game in the world. That is the cost.

The pay off is starting now were we have a 23yo NRL prop who is only just starting to show what he is and will be capable of.

It is very telling that you belittle the development of a 20-21yo prop as he learns his trade after a club identified him young and was prepared to pay the cost to get him to where he can be to help rebuild a team and club....and yet continually pretend to educate the forum on the virtues of Parramatta..."The development club".

Of course we all know what the difference is......
240419-taylor-swift-the-tortured-poets-department-album-art-ac-555p-931697.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In other words, you would never express these opinions to someone who can see your face or knows your name - you save those for trolling on the internet.
I do share these opinions with friends and family. I also share my opinions on cryptocurrencies and the Covid vaccine. It never turns into a dogpile. Imagine that.
I also have news for you, non-parra fans universally believe that BA should be gone as well
Most NRL fans don't know enough about how NRL clubs are run to think anything other than 'the coach has to go'. He is the face of the club after all. We see him at the pressers. He must be the one responsible for everything. Who has the power to sack him? Don't ask me hard questions ffs. I'm an NRL fan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is incomprehensible that the coach doesn't have the final say on who we recruit.
I'm sure he has veto power, but he doesn't (and shouldn't) have an open checkbook to sign whomever he wants at any price. No club ever got into salary cap trouble by not signing a player.

Avenger

Immortal
If we get smashed on Friday I reckon BA will get a tap on the shoulder during the bye round that this year will be his last or the club will desperately try and recruit some players to play now.

Our depth is garbage and the substitutes in the lower grades are all out of form.

Easily one of the most important games for BA’s career.

Personally I reckon we are closer to the spoon than the 8.

What a fizzer.

Glenneel

Bench
Were all these things problems when we were making the finals or did you only become an expert when we started losing more than we won?
Its not losing, its the manner of our losses. Complete capitulation, complete embarrassment. That is NOT the way a decent team with pride in the jersey plays and we have no speed, no tactics, no defence, no mongrel and no decent backup players. Complete shambles and those responsible need to be held accountable and changes made NOW!

Tiger5150

Bench
It’s not that, it’s just that it’s pointless bragging about individual players in your team. If you’re paying too much what’s the point of having them?
you tell me?
r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

You’re under the misapprehension you suddenly have a better squad than us. Is three straight losses really something to boast about?

I dont think we have a better squad than you at all. I think you guys have a better squad than us right now actually. I do think we are doing a better job of rebuilding our squad however, in particular our pack. To be honest I think our pack matches Parra's now and our current prop rotation of Stef, Klemmer, Samuela Fainu, Fonua Pole, Sione Fainu are all under 23 with the obvious exception of Klem. On the other hand Parra's rotation of RCG, Joffa, Paulo, Lane and Matto are all on the wrong side of 29. I know which pack I'd rather in 2-3 years.

hindy111

Post Whore
Best thing that can happen for us is if a title challenger loses a prop and doesn't want to ruin their chances. At this point we must be open to letting LANE,MATTERSON,JNR,RCG go......
Roosters might be interested. Panthers perhaps.
We will be chipping in no matter what

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Its not losing, its the manner of our losses. Complete capitulation, complete embarrassment. That is NOT the way a decent team with pride in the jersey plays and we have no speed, no tactics, no defence, no mongrel and no decent backup players. Complete shambles and those responsible need to be held accountable and changes made NOW!
In Bea’s first presser when he was made coach he promised no more spoons and we would have a team us fans could be proud of each and every week. By his own metrics he has failed miserably. Time to go.

Delboy

First Grade
Well, the club can’t say they are not in the conversation publicly

Just went and got coffee at local Maccas in Hiils District, as walked across the car park there were 2 tradies on either side talking loudly. One said - well that was effing shit , the actual reply from his mate was - it’s not all BAs fault but he’s gotta go now he should take some mates with him.

The last 3 games ( and we won agst Cowboys) have been devastatingly bad , and the thought of not renewing season tickets was discussed. But like most we don’t want to lose our position at CommBank, but the clubs hierarchy need to stop the rot somehow, even in the 90s when things were bad, you could at least see reserve grade win and the the not quite up to it first grade tried every week.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well, the club can’t say they are not in the conversation publicly

Just went and got coffee at local Maccas in Hiils District, as walked across the car park there were 2 tradies on either side talking loudly. One said - well that was effing shit , the actual reply from his mate was - it’s not all BAs fault but he’s gotta go now he should take some mates with him.

The last 3 games ( and we won agst Cowboys) have been devastatingly bad , and the thought of not renewing season tickets was discussed. But like most we don’t want to lose our position at CommBank, but the clubs hierarchy need to stop the rot somehow, even in the 90s when things were bad, you could at least see reserve grade win and the the not quite up to it first grade tried every week.
We've sat behind the posts, club end, GA tickets since Bankwest opened. Always get there early to watch the 2s and the viewing is excellent. No sun in our eyes either. Give it some thought. Tickets are much cheaper and never held hostage by the fear of losing our favourite seats. If there are 4 of you go the family package. $483 this year for all 11 games plus 1 away game, 2 adults and 2 kids. Everyone gets a supporters pack.
Next season I might go a reduced games membership given my current excitement about our future. 😁

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we get smashed on Friday I reckon BA will get a tap on the shoulder during the bye round that this year will be his last or the club will desperately try and recruit some players to play now.

Our depth is garbage and the substitutes in the lower grades are all out of form.

Easily one of the most important games for BA’s career.

Personally I reckon we are closer to the spoon than the 8.

What a fizzer.
Club needs a circuit breaker. If the club has pocketed 3million off the NT government for the past 3 year shambles that has been our performance's in Darwin. Then use some of it to pay BA out whatever he is owed.

If this Friday gets ugly which if Manly really want too they could put 60 on us they have the attack to destroy us into oblivion.

The club needs to make the brutal call with the 2 week break.

No point dragging it out any longer then it needs too.

Its about time this club got ruthless for once in its 77 year existence.

A bye round is the perfect time to pull the trigger. Professional clubs act quick & swift.

Look at John Morris at Cronulla was Brutal call but got done quickly when no-one saw coming, same with Holbrook at Titans.

Compared to the Tigers with Madge, Dragons with Griffin & Souths now with Demetriou its all just window dressing and delaying the inevitable by letting it drag on for weeks on end doesn't do the club or the person any favours.

Thanks Bradley for the 11 year service you did your best but the players ain't responding anymore its time for a change.

He has called them soft 3 times in a month and has got barely a response if anything its got worse.

I dare say the club would probably give BA the option quietly to walk away and PR manage the exit anyway as a resignation out of respect.

But its time and if anyone thinks Moses is going to solve all these issues when he comes back are kidding themselves.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Even with Moses in the games he played this year, we still looked awful. I don't understand how we have regressed so much when our core players have been together for quite a while now. We were so clunky in all aspects you would have thought these guys have never played together before. I don't understand how this happens and what the f**k do they do at training??

In my opinion, I think the players are tired. This bash and collision style has worn these players out physically and also mentally. I'm sure they like BA and go out there each week with the intention to try their best, but once it starts getting too hard, they mentally give up.

I also think that deep down, when the players are reading media reports that Bennett is talked about coming here, they are hoping it happens and suddenly they don't give a shit about BA getting sacked. I mean, which nrl player would not want to be coached by Bennett??

Gronk

Staff member
Even with Moses in the games he played this year, we still looked awful. I don't understand how we have regressed so much when our core players have been together for quite a while now. We were so clunky in all aspects you would have thought these guys have never played together before. I don't understand how this happens and what the f**k do they do at training??
Well no, they have looked brilliant in patches. Consistency is very very poor.
In my opinion, I think the players are tired. This bash and collision style has worn these players out physically and also mentally. I'm sure they like BA and go out there each week with the intention to try their best, but once it starts getting too hard, they mentally give up.
They have shown they can roll their sleeves up. Vs Manly and Cows they really stepped up when needed. Vs Tigers, Raiders and Fins they were atrocious.

I also think that deep down, when the players are reading media reports that Bennett is talked about coming here, they are hoping it happens and suddenly they don't give a shit about BA getting sacked. I mean, which nrl player would not want to be coached by Bennett??
Tanking ? Silly talk.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Well no, they have looked brilliant in patches. Consistency is very very poor.

They have shown they can roll their sleeves up. Vs Manly and Cows they really stepped up when needed. Vs Tigers, Raiders and Fins they were atrocious.

Tanking ? Silly talk.
I don't know what brilliant patches you have seen. Maybe I was flicking through the channels during those patches.

Against manly and cows, we had many many favourable decisions. Should not have won either of those games.

Tanking?? I'm sure they ain't doing it intentionally, but deep in their subconscious?????