What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
The Dragons will offer him 600-700k and we should let him go early as a thank you for his service as the dragons will look after him financially.

He can always come back and be an ambassador once he retires.
Once he finishes playing, any role he has with a club will be whoever BA is involved with I reckon. Assuming BA is still relevant and has an actual NRL (or even ESL) role when that time comes....

After today's decision, as well as the potential decision to give Moses the captaincy next year, I doubt Gutherson will have anything to do with the club once he cleans out his locker...

Last edited:

Stevie

Bench
For all we know, Ryles has a big name signing in mind to add to the backline and forward pack for 2026 and will allow us to get far more value than Gutho will add at 900k or even close to.

Gutho is a champion of the club and always will be. Unfortunately as I mentioned last week it’s common knowledge inside the club he is absolutely busted and if he can get a deal for 2, maybe 3 years from 25 then let’s let him take it.

We have a LOT of cash being freed up over the next 12 months, big things seem to be happening…

Noise

Coach
For all we know, Ryles has a big name signing in mind to add to the backline and forward pack for 2026 and will allow us to get far more value than Gutho will add at 900k or even close to.

Gutho is a champion of the club and always will be. Unfortunately as I mentioned last week it’s common knowledge inside the club he is absolutely busted and if he can get a deal for 2, maybe 3 years from 25 then let’s let him take it.

We have a LOT of cash being freed up over the next 12 months, big things seem to be happening…
I know we signed Iongi but as long as Paps hasn’t re-signed with Storm I reckon he’s on our radar.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You have to wonder what the long term on field strategy is without RCG and Gutho part of the team.

Huge risks involved.

Yes.
Huge risks.
We managed to avoid the wooden spoon in the final round with the long term strategy that had been put in place around Gutho and RCG being paid almost $2m.

I wonder if the risk of keeping them outweighs the risk of changing direction?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Flanagan is part of the Newscorp mafia he is untouchable mate.

Sounds like he is building a Dads army for the over 30s comp.

Signing Gutho, Holmes, Cook i suspect Hunt will be moved on but if he did stay there going be one of the oldest teams in the comp next year.
He won the comp with a team full of senior citizens, though it was a slower game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We have millions available for 2026. It’s very exciting.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
There’s plenty of reasons why this is the right move for the club. Gutho obviously thinks he’s got plenty of footy left in front of him, the club obviously aren’t sure if that’s correct and if it is in what jersey it would be so it’s hard to offer him something.

Hopefully it works itself out though because f**k it would absolutely kill me seeing The King in another jersey

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes.
Huge risks.
We managed to avoid the wooden spoon in the final round with the long term strategy that had been put in place around Gutho and RCG being paid almost $2m.

I wonder if the risk of keeping them outweighs the risk of changing direction?

You gotta risk it for the biscuit

Angry_eel

First Grade
There’s plenty of reasons why this is the right move for the club. Gutho obviously thinks he’s got plenty of footy left in front of him, the club obviously aren’t sure if that’s correct and if it is in what jersey it would be so it’s hard to offer him something.

Hopefully it works itself out though because f**k it would absolutely kill me seeing The King in another jersey
I mean he's a optimist and a confident player but realistically if he played for another club, would you put a bet on him being an Ace fullback?

I think Ryles is doing the right thing by the club, as bad as it is for Gutho and the fans.

Legal Eel

Juniors
I don't have any real problem in moving on Gutho in 2026 - I think we would be crazy not to!

As for next year, I would think St George or whomever would want to eat a significant majority of his salary because we have no urgent need to get rid of him as far as I'm aware....and if we do release him for next year, it can only be to secure a readily available star on a 3-year deal.

Actually, when I say star there are caveats where I would also accept a player who is destined for stardom and top of my wish list is Wishart, as I think he makes our team a different entity altogether....

A post footy job can’t be in the contract or it goes on the cap. I think Tigers got in trouble doing that with Robbie. Would need to be a verbal , handshake deal.

IIRC, it was either the Bulldogs or Sharks who got into similar drama when they wanted to offer an off field job to Nigel Vagana at in his final contract.

Latest posts