What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
depends on who retires and how young blokes like French develop as well as our young forwards

too many parameters and too early in the season just yet, thats why we are waiting till mid season till we talk to Norman and get down to decision making I guess

Watmough retiring is the only major factor that I can think of which effects Norman and Semi and possibly Jarryd. Could mean we let go of a few other players like Taka, Terepo, Gower, etc and retirement of Watto to upgrade Semi & Norman and ease in Jarryd.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True, but the cap will influence his decision making as it has already been doing since he became coach.

Based on current events/circumstances, how do you see our coach handling the cap to shape our 2017 squad?

Go with cheaper forwards to compensate?

Let go of Norman?

Or????

Here's our 2017 squad so far:

Fullback: -
W/C: Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra
Half: Foran
Hooker: Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough
Utility: French, Takairangi

Nineteen players. As you can see, Radradra is part of it, and indeed is part of the squad right through 2018.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Here's our 2017 squad so far:

Fullback: -
W/C: Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra
Half: Foran
Hooker: Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough
Utility: French, Takairangi

Nineteen players. As you can see, Radradra is part of it, and indeed is part of the squad right through 2018.

Gutherson $200k or so
Jennings $550k to $700k
Radrada soon to be well over $500k
Foran $1.2k
Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott upwards of $1.8k
Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough upwards of $1.8k
French, Takairangi over $400k or so

That is already over 6 mill on the cap

Gutherson $200k or so
Jennings $550k to $700k
Radrada soon to be well over $500k
Foran $1.2k
Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott upwards of $1.8k
Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough upwards of $1.8k
French, Takairangi over $400k or so

That is already over 6 mill on the cap

Foran seems pretty cheap. Bargain basement.

TheRam

Coach
TheRam believes all allegations.

Like I have stated before, when the club gets it shit together, then and only then will I give them the benefit of doubt.

Until then you lot are the ones who look like stupid f**kers attacking the messenger, considering the shit that has been going on with our club the last few years and still playing out.

Are the media scum? For sure, but unfortunately MOST negative crap that they report on us, sadly ends up having plenty of legitimacy.

As for Semi, I'm sure where there's smoke there's managers. And I'm equally as sure that there is still more to play out with Semi's future. Will he leave? Who knows, but don't delude yourselves, his managers will be working hard for him to stuff the loyalty and take the best offer.

If you can't see that, then you're delusional fools.

Dank

Juniors
True, but the cap will influence his decision making as it has already been doing since he became coach.

Based on current events/circumstances, how do you see our coach handling the cap to shape our 2017 squad?

Go with cheaper forwards to compensate?

Let go of Norman?

Or????

The cap wasn't influencing his decision making when he dropped Sandow to Wenty.

I'd love to see Semi transition to fullback too, but maybe centre is more realistic? He's even said himself that he wants to move in to centre.

2017?
1. Gutherson (Hayne?)
2. French
3. Radradra

The cap wasn't influencing his decision making when he dropped Sandow to Wenty.

Really? Why do you think that the only dropped him in cases where they had dispensation, or when Kelly's match payments hadn't reached the point where they'd cause us to break the cap?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/you-can-go-if-we-dont-have-to-pay-you-parramatta-eels-tell-chris-sandow-20150718-gifa8y.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/parramatta-eels-nrl-salary-cap-woes-force-luke-kelly-out/6503602

Once Kelly's match payments had reached the point where if he played another game, we'd trip the cap, we couldn't play him without NRL permission.

Match payments don't work that way toward the cap, Barry. They are based on games played in the previous year.

That's true. But some bonus payments can land on the current cap as I understand it (otherwise there was no reason why Kelly couldn't be picked in July). Unless, of course, the club got dispensation to play Kelly in May (when Sandow was originally dropped) due to injuries to players other than Sandow

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe I should have said "most regular respected poster".

Clearly, in my eyes, Haynzy and The Colonel are No1.
They rarely post though.
Baz posts daily.

Eelementary gets the award for the "Nicest Poster". He's a gentleman. A very polite person.

Thank you, sir!

I assure you that your cheque has been delivered!

Dank

Juniors
Really? Why do you think that the only dropped him in cases where they had dispensation, or when Kelly's match payments hadn't reached the point where they'd cause us to break the cap?

Once Kelly's match payments had reached the point where if he played another game, we'd trip the cap, we couldn't play him without NRL permission.

Sorry mate I was also referring to a previous comment he said the salary cap would force Semi to fullback.

I think we all wanted to see Sandow succeed though, in another era maybe he'd of killed it like he is in the Super League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts