What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
I thought Tonga with their pack could have done better than a 26-4 loss.
Our new recruit Latu Fainu's debut was interesting. He looked impressive in the haka then 16 run metres effort. He made some good tackles then he showed aggression in a melee. Got some ticker.
Bateman 103m and 26 tackles was solid. His run and offload led to a nice try in the 14min as did a similar run and offload for a try in 27min.
I said earlier this year that Wigan's Harry Smith would be a great signing and now he's on NRL's radar. He has had a great series. Too late now I think to snare him. He has 1 year to go on his contract so it would be another transfer fee situ.
Elliott Whitehead retires from international rugby league.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
They should have given Latu more minutes. He adds energy to Tonga.
I though he was a kid but his physique is up there with seasoned NRL players. I think we've got a winner folks.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Have we signed anyone yet, are we there yet........................................................................................
What about now?
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Nutz

Bench
What's everyone's opinion with Adam Douehi? He won't be available till 2nd half of the year I think.
Do we resign him... remember he was asking 800k.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
What's everyone's opinion with Adam Douehi? He won't be available till 2nd half of the year I think.

No. I think the club was looking to move in another direction before he did his ACL for the third time, hence the 1 year contract. The injury sucks for A.D. but the club was proven right in their hesitancy to offer a longer contract. Time to move on, I doubt he'll get a game in first grade in 2024 unless we have a horror run of injuries. Time for the club & A.D. to move on.

Tigerm

First Grade
Unfortunately I think a medical retirement is on the cards?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
What about now?
Not long now.... We are nearly there..

They are trying to decide if they should go with a player at the very end of his career, a player with a handful of first grade games at most or a player that hasn't played rugby League.
Exciting times !
I can't wait.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I doubt any club would sign him until he has at least played a few games.

I feel for him but he never was worth 800k and definitely won't attract offers any where near that.

Tiger Ted

Bench
After 3 ACL’s in the one knee it should be bye bye Charlie.B4 he incurred the most recent ACL tear his form was underwhelming & he certainly wasn’t worthy of another contract.I certainly over estimated his ability & he seemed to regress during his time with the pathetic rabble.

We desperately need Latu Fainu or Sullivan to excell at 5/8 otherwise we will likely collect another spoon.I don’t rate Sullivan & have a hunch Latu won’t cut it in the NRL.Keep hearing that his brother Samuela is the real deal but we r in desperate need of quality halves & outside backs as opposed to forwards.

Nutz

Bench
I totally agree with what everyone has said and I think he may get medically retired which is very sad....however we are the Wests Tigers and they'll probably end up doing the opposite to our opinions.
My crystal ball is showing that he'll play a couple of games in KOE then providing we haven't signed some gun centres he may get a gig there until he is released.
My big issue with that is as a centre you need to have a good change up in speed and direction which he won't have after coming back from those reoccurring terrible knee injuries.
He could go alright at ⅝ but that goes against the grain with what Benji wants to see from Sullivan in the halves.
So really, that leaves him as a back-up for injuries and I doubt we'll resign him.
This is more ammo to sign a gun centre asap.

Tigerm

First Grade
I totally agree with what everyone has said and I think he may get medically retired which is very sad....however we are the Wests Tigers and they'll probably end up doing the opposite to our opinions.
My crystal ball is showing that he'll play a couple of games in KOE then providing we haven't signed some gun centres he may get a gig there until he is released.
My big issue with that is as a centre you need to have a good change up in speed and direction which he won't have after coming back from those reoccurring terrible knee injuries.
He could go alright at ⅝ but that goes against the grain with what Benji wants to see from Sullivan in the halves.
So really, that leaves him as a back-up for injuries and I doubt we'll resign him.
This is more ammo to sign a gun centre asap.
Well, stop rubbing your ball:)

Vic Mackey

Referee

His days in the halves are over. Needs to look at Connor Tracey, came into grade as a half, did 3 knee recos and has reinvented himself as an outside back. Hoping he could make a fist of centre, has gone ok there in the past.

gordsy

Juniors
Like I said months ago, give him a check and be done with it, we can't wait for him to maybe come good.