What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Back up there tsp.
First up, I may be a lot of things . . . and maybe set to become even more things . . . but I can guarantee that trans won't be on the list.
The only thing you'd go trans for would be having your own 24hr 'giny.
And as for cheerleading . . . well, short skirts ain't my strong point either.
But I'm touched that you think of me that way.
When you identify as a rooster, anything can happen lol

macnaz

Staff member
the guys a total softcock in defence, im all for cutting him loose. moreso thinking if he hangs around where he could be useful.
Any thoughts i had of him becoming anything significant was destroyed when he played like complete dogshit against the Roosters last year and wanted to fire up and argue with fans when they rightfully ridiculed his absoulute piss poor gutless performance .

Black Panther

Juniors
My excitement was short lived when I realised we will be 9th.
Bugger!
Disappointed Chris Farley GIF
If there’s a draw, Tigers will be in the 8.

Any thoughts i had of him becoming anything significant was destroyed when he played like complete dogshit against the Roosters last year and wanted to fire up and argue with fans when they rightfully ridiculed his absoulute piss poor gutless performance .
Not his finest hour.

His:

“ Yeah well you come out here and see how you go?”

Moment.

Summed up everything about us at the time.

I don’t usually blaspheme but I recall saying “ For Gods sake” or something like that when I saw his carry on.

He’s frustrated sure, but…

I guess treating our players like we would treat each other (as fans), it’s in our genes as WT fans.

This is one of the things that drew me to the club.

Theres no fakery or no player too big to rip into or criticise.

So I give them hell, but as a group, I care about our players and want them to do and also be well. I think most of us are like that.

A dysfunctional family type thing.

But I love our bond with our players. It’s precious.

I get around the forum, we are one of the most brutal of fans bases. But it’s a living!

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Not his finest hour.

His:

“ Yeah well you come out here and see how you go?”

Moment.

Summed up everything about us at the time.

I don’t usually blaspheme but I recall saying “ For Gods sake” or something like that when I saw his carry on.

He’s frustrated sure, but…

I guess treating our players like we would treat each other (as fans), it’s in our genes as WT fans.

This is one of the things that drew me to the club.

Theres no fakery or no player too big to rip into or criticise.

So I give them hell, but as a group, I care about our players and want them to do and also be well. I think most of us are like that.

A dysfunctional family type thing.

But I love our bond with our players. It’s precious.

I get around the forum, we are one of the most brutal of fans bases. But it’s a living!
“we are one of the most brutal of fans bases. But it’s a living!”

I guess we have a lot to be annoyed about, I’m sure the other fans would be the same, if they were getting our results for the last decade+ :(

But I do believe it will certainly change, just don’t know when:)

I guess we have a lot to be annoyed about, I’m sure the other fans would be the same, if they were getting our results for the last decade+ :(

Yeah.

Anyway, the cream of the fans are still here, still being loyal in extraordinarily difficult circumstances.

The Jolly Rodgers and Morris Dancers will arrive when or if things turn about.

But they won’t get the same innate pleasure out of any success as us idiots who refused to abandon ship despite it being wedged in the bottom of the ocean.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

There's gold in dem hills.... apparently.
This might sound absurd but I kinda like being an underdog.
When we do win a game it's like an unreal feeling that's hard to describe. A real in your face statement. How I would've loved to have been at LO when we spanked the Cowboys.
I'm sure I'm not on my own as there's a lot of Magpie and Tiger supporters who have stuck solid for years... me since 69.
Our turn will come again and how awesome will that be......
Hang in there brothers and sisters.

Tigerm

First Grade
There's gold in dem hills.... apparently.
This might sound absurd but I kinda like being an underdog.
When we do win a game it's like an unreal feeling that's hard to describe. A real in your face statement. How I would've loved to have been at LO when we spanked the Cowboys.
I'm sure I'm not on my own as there's a lot of Magpie and Tiger supporters who have stuck solid for years... me since 69.
Our turn will come again and how awesome will that be......
Hang in there brothers and sisters.
1699569953626.jpeg
We ……..aRe

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Me since '66...at the urging of my Mum I went for the underdog in the '66 GF against St George...the last of their run of 11....little did I know that I'd be following the underdogs for most of the next 57 years!
BTW....Was at the '69 GF....were you there as well?
Been following them all my life, since mid 50,s, had family who played for them, I was living in Balmain at the time, not sure what I was doing, probably trying to sneak into one of the pubs with me mates:)

Nutz

Bench
The rumour doing the rounds on WTF is that we've signed Luai for next year as part of a player swap for Simpkin.
I don't hold much hope in that rumour Fordy. It sounds like a case of chinese whispers.
A few posts have inferred this as it appears young Daine Laurie wants to be the Panthers ⅝.

Nutz

Bench
Me since '66...at the urging of my Mum I went for the underdog in the '66 GF against St George...the last of their run of 11....little did I know that I'd be following the underdogs for most of the next 57 years!
BTW....Was at the '69 GF....were you there as well?
As you know my cousins are the Provans and there was so much excitement in our household when we and our neighbours crammed into the lounge tv room to watch Peter lead the boys.
As a twelve year old I can remember all of us running around jumping and hugging each other at full time....it was like we won a war!
Another thing that was great was I was allowed to wear my Balmain jersey to a school's sports day and all the kids were congratulating me as if I had something to do with the tigers win. ha ha.
Did you have fun?

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
As you know my cousins are the Provans and there was so much excitement in our household when we and our neighbours crammed into the lounge tv room to watch Peter lead the boys.
As a twelve year old I can remember all of us running around jumping and hugging each other at full time....it was like we won a war!
Another thing that was great was I was allowed to wear my Balmain jersey to a school's sports day and all the kids were congratulating me as is I had something to do with it ha ha.
Did you have fun?

The Provans!....no I didn't know that....that's some pretty big bragging rights for any kid! :) I was 14 and with my dragons school mate lined up at the SCG at around 4AM or so as it was first in best seats in those days. They gave out cardboard loud hailers in Tigers and Souths colours and we shouted ourselves hoarse through those things. At fulltime Len Killeen did his handstand straight in front of where we were and for the next hour or more it sounded like there were half a million Tigers fans in there...while it was broadcast live the GF was always replayed later that night for those at the ground so ran back to Central and jump on the red rattler to get home in time to see it again.
BTW....you might recall we only just made that GF....we were looking shot ducks against Manly the week before in the final and George Ruebner saved our arse when he barged over close to fulltime

Latest posts