What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
The Provans!....no I didn't know that....that's some pretty big bragging rights for any kid! :) I was 14 and with my dragons school mate lined up at the SCG at around 4AM or so as it was first in best seats in those days. They gave out cardboard loud hailers in Tigers and Souths colours and we shouted ourselves hoarse through those things. At fulltime Len Killeen did his handstand straight in front of where we were and for the next hour or more it sounded like there were half a million Tigers fans in there...while it was broadcast live the GF was always replayed later that night for those at the ground so ran back to Central and jump on the red rattler to get home in time to see it again.
BTW....you might recall we only just made that GF....we were looking shot ducks against Manly the week before in the final and George Ruebner saved our arse when he barged over close to fulltime
George Ruebner, what a player.
I can tell you heaps but I'll PM you mate.

Nutz

Bench

Of course we would have contacted Luai's manager but it's a good call saying we've already got three halves to work with. Have to show faith and support to them regardless.
Luai would be a great upgrade but I do worry about his smugness. It could cause disharmony in our team. Harmony.. that wasn't intended to be a joke ha ha.
A lot of people have been saying that Luai and Marshall are friends and that would help snare him but a half needs a great number 9 and it's his old panthers team mate that would be tempting for him to reunite with Apisai Koroisau.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Of course we would have contacted Luai's manager but it's a good call saying we've already got three halves to work with. Have to show faith and support to them regardless.
Luai would be a great upgrade but I do worry about his smugness. It could cause disharmony in our team. Harmony.. that wasn't intended to be a joke ha ha.
A lot of people have been saying that Luai and Marshall are friends and that would help snare him but a half needs a great number 9 and it's his old panthers team mate that would be tempting for him to reunite with Apisai Koroisau.
Winning stops disharmony hahaha

Nutz

Bench
We actually have one of the best packs in the comp and have little trouble getting into the red zone..when we get there it turns to shite on the 5th tackle.
Hopefully Benji can get the halves/backs organised and scoring points.
The more you attack the less time you spend defending. Having said that, if we start conceding huge points like this year I will not be happy. I might even curse.

He'll miss you TSP.
As you know, I held out until the Tommy memorial match.

Up until then, he was a misunderstood genius. A dally m winner without a side. A prince of halfbacks.

After that, he was the overpaid gnome bastard.

Tim crapping on about his virtues was a fitting way for the $1m scrounge to depart.

He baulked at the 50 cents we offered.

One of the last of the holiday makers to leave. Don’t forget your towel Brooksy!

I love him as much as the $375k we paid Mbye to play for another club.

I’m looking forward to following him at Manly.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
I don’t follow the pennies, are they short of hookers?

They have Mitch Kenny and Soni Luke and although Mitch Kenny is off contract, I can't seeing him signing somewhere else. Probably got some young blokes coming through too. I reckon their hooker stocks are ok and Simpkin probably isn't needed. What do you reckon @Black Panther ? Obviously it's a bad deal, but your hooker stocks look ok to me?

Nutz

Bench
I hope a cooling off effect is at play and we get an announcement next week.
I demand satisfaction and less conversation!

We might be being used as a club bitch by his player agent -a situation which we are all used to.

Seems we’ve abandoned the 5 year long game recruitment program.

It was a political disaster I guess.

Benji is deseperate to field a competitive side asap and has smashed the panic button.

Recruited on the matey and not on merit does that to a person.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We might be being used as a club bitch by his player agent -a situation which we are all used to.

Benji is deseperate to field a competitive side asap and has smashed the panic button.

TBH, I hope he is desperate.

Tiger Ted

Bench

The parasitical boys club basis for recruiting the entire coaching staff & gifting the head coaching role to someone who hasn’t served an apprenticeship is diabolical.This will end in disaster & the NRL needs to step in & save the rabble from themselves by cancelling their NRL license.

The parasitical boys club basis for recruiting the entire coaching staff & gifting the head coaching role to someone who hasn’t served an apprenticeship is diabolical.This will end in disaster & the NRL needs to step in & save the rabble from themselves by cancelling their NRL license.
We’ve got 5 years of Benji without him having coached a single season of rugby league.

If he fails, the pay out will be truly horrendous.

At least we have insurance in Morris who might white anti Benji or roll the old arm over.

The most recent whisper is that Luai is not coming.

When you think about, If you are Morris, you are in the box seat to take command of the ship.

He’s going to have to work out a way of getting at GTA without being too obvious.

Obviously, he has to try to work out where the real power is or will be. That’s not with Lee. Who is going to be left?

His safest bet is to touch base with the newer board members who can’t be implicated in the mess and might survive.

Slow game Johnny.

Secondly, he has to infer or imply that Benji is up to his neck in the past drama.

But as his career advisor, he’s got to manage this negative inference surreptitiously, patiently and with extreme skill.

Who to trust at WT is very complex I’d say.

He’s got to back the right horse.

Of course even if he gets the gig, he may not be as good as Benji.

But if Benji struggles, big opportunity for Johnny. I like his mum too. Awesome person.

9093A1E5-FDE7-4E20-8223-F0CC225FA9A4.jpeg
Johnny Morris now signed for 4 years. Surprised the NRL with a competent coaching account at the sharks in trying and difficult circumstances.

Astute but passionate.

Last edited: