What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Regardless we don’t need Luai, No one pays $1.1 on an unknown quantity and soo failure …We’ve already got gun halves why spend a million plus on another half that no-ones really sure about. That makes no sense.. Luai isn’t the million $ player we need. Best was, but no way is he coming with our $850k or thereabouts offer…..…I doubt Klemmer would leave He’s an old man now…He’s happy where he is… I hope he makes that clear to the club before this offer to Luai is made and we’re back to square one with an average backline, and no $$ to improve it..
You wanted to pay Best a million plus? This has to be Pascoe's account

Nutz

Bench
Gee guys let's not dissolve into a free for all mess.
This forum is for WT supporters. If your not a WT fan show respect here.
If you are WT fan accept we all have an opinion and respect that without carrying on. We're not all perfect.
I once told my wife she should embrace her mistakes....so she gave me a hug. :)
Have we signed anyone yet?

Nutz

Bench
I'd take them both, in fact all of them...
Luai
Sullivan
Best
Olam
To'a
Staines
Bula
Now that's a backline that would compliment our forwards.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Staines needs to get on with it and show what he’s got..Hopefully he’s put some muscle on. He needs to show his skills more with try scoring.. maybe better under benji..I’ve seen a couple of moments with him. Need more

Nutz

Bench
So is there anyone against Olam's exchange.
I read somewhere today that Blore's a done deal, now I can't find it...was I dreaming?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Huh? Luai’s not origin quality. He was dropped. And he should have been dropped a lot earlier than he was!!!

We don’t need his childish ramblings after he gets it in the neck from fans when things go wrong (and he will because league fans don’t forget) and we don’t need his offensive, post code, gang signing thug like behaviour when things go right.. Thats the last type of role model the young Polynesians need right now!!! Especially the Fainu brothers whos brothers in prison and who could be a couple of misdemeanours away from joining him, with the WT name attached..and what would Luai care..

Oh poor BJ, someone disagreed with you..Harden up son!!

Here we go, WA "all complaints no solutions" Tiger doesn't like it! Derp derp, Luai is a gang member. Don't like it. Derrppp

Tigers Tale

Juniors
It has probably been said before but my main concern with taking on Luai is he is very much like Benji. He needs a good half to get the best out of him....as Prince did for Benji Cleary did for Luai. We can all remember when Benji tried to lead the team around, it just detracted from his natural game and he was average at best.

I hope I am proven wrong, this could be the best money we ever spent or the worst money ever spent...it sure is a lot of money either way.

Das Hassler

Bench
It has probably been said before but my main concern with taking on Luai is he is very much like Benji. He needs a good half to get the best out of him....as Prince did for Benji Cleary did for Luai. We can all remember when Benji tried to lead the team around, it just detracted from his natural game and he was average at best.

I hope I am proven wrong, this could be the best money we ever spent or the worst money ever spent...it sure is a lot of money either way.

All good points...one positive is that he is self assured ( stating the sometimes annoyingly obvious) he certainly doesn't like being gotten over the top of, let alone losing...and hopefully can also add "not failing at what others say he WILL fail at" as well.
We don't have his services yet ....still a chance he'll stay where he is[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Just dropped in to say that I hope Luai stays with us, but if he doesn’t and signs with you (and it is his right to take greater money, he has served us well) you will have made a great signing.

Yes, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he is a professional, a difference maker, a winner and a credit to his community; he would move the Tigers forward (and losing him would move the Panthers backwards).

MugaB

Coach
Just dropped in to say that I hope Luai stays with us, but if he doesn’t and signs with you (and it is his right to take greater money, he has served us well) you will have made a great signing.

Yes, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he is a professional, a difference maker, a winner and a credit to his community; he would move the Tigers forward (and losing him would move the Panthers backwards).
Very true words, I'm in that same mindset

Tigerm

First Grade

But if we never try, we'll never know. With 2 spoons on the books, the club needs good players that can take us out of he toilet.
Bearing in mind, Api was left stranded on a few of his raids in attack, this bloke would know his game pretty well, he will certainly add to our spine.
The bloke is a champion, yes he has played with Cleary, but that doesn't mean he won't shine outside of that? All signings are a gamble, but the money isn't that much more than we were paying Brooks and with salary rises, it should be workable.
As @Das Hassler said, he doesn't like losing and if he can impart that attitude on our blokes, he will be fantastic?
If he does come, it will be 2025, I think he will still be only 28(?) will be in his prime.

But you’ve got to admit, that an Api, Luai, ?, and Bula is a tantalising spine, to get us moving.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

The Benji comparison is a good one, Luai is more consistent but has had a proper 7 for longer

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter:

Know Luai was the halfback and Cleary was the 5/8 in SG Ball when they played together, and he has played NRL and Tests at halfback, but would be intriguing him transitioning to a dominant, game managing role with Benji as coach, given he made the same move in his mid/late 20s

Interesting?

Last edited: