What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee

Surely this would be stretch for us, under the salary cap, unless they give someone the chop?

I think our cap is in a pretty good spot. We don’t really have any big money players atm. From media reports highest would be Klemmer at $750k, then some guys like Api, Ice, Bateman etc on the $600ks. In the past we’ve had guys like Reynolds, Mbye, Brooks, Packer, Matulino all on $800k+ at the same time.

When you look across the squads pretty much every one has at least x1 $1m player, with plenty having multiple $800/$900k+ ones.

Obviously cap stuff is all conjecture however I’d be surprised if we couldn’t fit 2 big priced players in, particularly for 2025.

Nutz

Bench
I think our cap is in a pretty good spot. We don’t really have any big money players atm. From media reports highest would be Klemmer at $750k, then some guys like Api, Ice, Bateman etc on the $600ks. In the past we’ve had guys like Reynolds, Mbye, Brooks, Packer, Matulino all on $800k+ at the same time.

When you look across the squads pretty much every one has at least x1 $1m player, with plenty having multiple $800/$900k+ ones.

Obviously cap stuff is all conjecture however I’d be surprised if we couldn’t fit 2 big priced players in, particularly for 2025.
Some media outlet said the other day we could afford both Luai and Fonua Blake. I don't know how reliable that is though.

Tigerm

First Grade

Would be special if he came?

Vic Mackey

Referee
All our halves are far from average. I’m looking forward to seeing sullivan carve them up, like he did to us

Sullivan, Latu and Glavin all have a heap of talent however none are proven at nrl level. sullivan has played 27 games, 4 of them were at halfback (they lost all 4). Luai is proven, no team in the world would pick our current 3 over Jarome.

WA Tiger

Bench
I meant seezer and fainu.and & I meant a half that could compliment luai. By the numbers at least one of those 3 should become a star for the club..possibly 2, seezer ? Fainu?
unproven is ok..

Last edited: