What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Gus just signings 5 utility players, so he definitely needs a 6. I really hope Luai signs with the Tigers instead of the Dogs.
If he leaves ur mob which is very likely then he will move to Belmore.They have way more appeal for Luai personally than what’s on offer at Concord.The repulsive spinmeister Gould wouldve done one heck of a snow job on Luai.

Nutz

Bench
The DT reporting that the Panthers are confident of retailing Luai.
Luai will miss the challenge cup, I can only assume it's to give his shoulder more recovery time.

Tigerm

First Grade
The DT reporting that the Panthers are confident of retailing Luai.
Luai will miss the challenge cup, I can only assume it's to give his shoulder more recovery time.
Either that, or they don’t want to take someone who won’t be there next season?

WA Tiger

Bench
After we pay for Luai and Fanua Blake maybe we could afford to buy one of those bouncing plastic things that looks like capwell..see if that helps.At least he plays centre

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox NRL on twitter:

Cowboys add a former Tiger, Titans, Thomas Mikaele returning from Super League stint.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not that I am aware of.
Sorry, I browsed the story and didn't really look at the dates?

He is still at the Broncs for '24, and has apparently been advised they will not resign him for '25, but has been offered a 3 year deal with the warriors from '24? Which makes it awkward for him?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Bulldogs trying to sign Luai is bullshit. Clearly a power move to drive up Luai's price and push us out of the race to sign AFB. Maybe there is some backroom wheeling and dealing to get Klemmer released and the Dogs pounce to get him back to the club.

Whatever the case, there is no fkn way Luai will end up at the dogs. Burton wants to play 6. Sexton and Taffe both want the 7. Throwing Luai in there makes no sense when all the Bulldogs really need is a big, quality front rower.

If we can get both AFB and Luai then we have well and truly shrugged off the "nobody wants to join Wests Tigers" tag

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter:

WT have stepped away from swap talks for Justin Olam after not being able to come to an agreement with the Storm over salary contributions moving forward. Its still expected Shawn Blore will not be retained beyond 2024 (DT/SMH)

MugaB

Coach
Bulldogs trying to sign Luai is bullshit. Clearly a power move to drive up Luai's price and push us out of the race to sign AFB. Maybe there is some backroom wheeling and dealing to get Klemmer released and the Dogs pounce to get him back to the club.

Whatever the case, there is no fkn way Luai will end up at the dogs. Burton wants to play 6. Sexton and Taffe both want the 7. Throwing Luai in there makes no sense when all the Bulldogs really need is a big, quality front rower.

If we can get both AFB and Luai then we have well and truly shrugged off the "nobody wants to join Wests Tigers" tag
You're probably right regarding AFB, the dragons are also confirmed to be hellbent on getting him... regardless of what gould is offering..
The trouble with klems, is his management, gus wont deal with him, actually most clubs won't.

Expecting Luai to be a tiger in '25, i still think the offer is too low though, been saying this he could easily demand a 100k more a season for the past 4 seasons he has produced..
Personally going for both players is not a good idea, stick to whats needed.. a steady half, the tigers have no issues getting up the hundred metres up field, its the crossing over bit that an issue, as well as general defence... Romey will help plug that up, not too many halves are solid defenders

Tigerm

First Grade
You're probably right regarding AFB, the dragons are also confirmed to be hellbent on getting him... regardless of what gould is offering..
The trouble with klems, is his management, gus wont deal with him, actually most clubs won't.

Expecting Luai to be a tiger in '25, i still think the offer is too low though, been saying this he could easily demand a 100k more a season for the past 4 seasons he has produced..
Personally going for both players is not a good idea, stick to whats needed.. a steady half, the tigers have no issues getting up the hundred metres up field, its the crossing over bit that an issue, as well as general defence... Romey will help plug that up, not too many halves are solid defenders
But I do think we are one front row short. AFB would be exactly what we need.
I believe Klem has a few more years with us? And, I think Doueihi will not be re-signed, so his money is available.
I believe we can afford both players if they choose to come here?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Our club is fighting to get away from the cellar and is what we as fans should expect.
For some other club fans to come here, with limited knowledge of our record for over a decade and try to say what is best for our club, is a joke.
Being the club holding the spoon, it is difficult to attract the good players, we all know this, we finally have some cash and we are going after what we need, with an understanding that we do need to pay overs.
Shit happens, but when we get back to better times, we have some (hopefully) impressive young blokes who will take the lead and keep us well away from where we have been for so long.
I am a firm believer, that once we can get back to consistent finals play, the club has everything else in place to be a huge power base in the NRL.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
A post from Hayley on twitter: No idea who it is?

f**k Adam Doueihi.
Who I or anyone else in the LGBTQ+ community chooses to be and love is not embarrassing.
What is embarrassing is the fact that you can’t string 2 NRL games together without your knees collapsing, you stupid f**k

Anyone know what this about?

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
A post from Hayley on twitter: No idea who it is?

f**k Adam Doueihi.
Who I or anyone else in the LGBTQ+ community chooses to be and love is not embarrassing.
What is embarrassing is the fact that you can’t string 2 NRL games together without your knees collapsing, you stupid f**k

Anyone know what this about?
I'd say they are an angry "L" from the LGBTQ*4%d@ community.