What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Wests Tigers have issued Adam Doueihi with a “please-explain” after he called a social media post about LGBTQ inclusion in sport “embarrassing”.
But the Tigers five-eighth denied he had intended to belittle the LGBTQ community with his since-deleted Instagram comment.

Doueihi replied to a post on the English Premier League’s Instagram page that had the heading “How to speak about LGBTQ+ inclusion”.
The upload came as part of Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces campaign, through which the EPL promotes LGBTQ inclusion with a variety of initiatives between December 2 and 7.

Adam Doueihi’s since-deleted comment on Instagram.

Adam Doueihi’s since-deleted comment on Instagram.
Doueihi commented “embarrassing post” under the upload, which featured prompts for discussing LGBTQ inclusion.
The 25-year-old later deleted the comment, but not before it had garnered more than 9000 likes.
The Tigers have not launched a formal investigation into the comment, but called Doueihi on Sunday for an explanation.
Doueihi told the club he perceived the post to be dictating what people could say to the LGBTQ community, which he found “embarrassing”.

He said he deleted his comment after realising it could have been misconstrued as homophobic.
A club representative told AAP the Tigers were an inclusive club that would remain a safe space for fans and players.
A club representative told AAP the Tigers were an inclusive club that would remain a safe space for fans and players.

The NRL integrity unit has not been involved in the matter.​

In October, Doueihi voiced his support for a Sydney Catholic girls school’s decision to block students from bringing female dates to their Year 12 formal.

Doueihi was raised and identifies as a Christian.
The playmaker is currently recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered in April, but last month coach Benji Marshall said he could feature at some point in the 2024 season.

ALX25

Bench
An "embarrassing" post by Mr Doueihi. The post will get him ahead of the queue for a future Liberal post footy career.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I don't understand why any public figure would have twitter/instagram etc. It's the domain for the permanently outraged. It doesn't matter what you post, someone is going to be "triggered" by it. Absolute waste time & effort. You'd be better off farting into a cup & sniffing it, it would be a better use of your time.

Nutz

Bench
I don't understand why any public figure would have twitter/instagram etc. It's the domain for the permanently outraged. It doesn't matter what you post, someone is going to be "triggered" by it. Absolute waste time & effort. You'd be better off farting into a cup & sniffing it, it would be a better use of your time.
Exactly. I was thinking about this some time ago.
When your a prominent member of society, no matter what field it is, you may as well close your social media accounts because as you inferred, someone is going to hate what you say or be offended and take easy pot shots at you, (keyboard warriors).
It's easy for these warriors, who have nothing to lose, to attack someone.

MugaB

Coach
Better off sprouting our general nonsense here on LU than on twitter

Tigerm

First Grade

AAP reported he told the club he felt the post was “dictating what people could say” which he found “embarrassing”.

But he deleted the post because he did not realise it came across as homophobic.

Unless there is something more we're not being told, I will give him the benefit of doubt?

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Your new 7 and people's champion uses it to piss off hack journalists. So it has some use

Nealo 12

First Grade

AAP reported he told the club he felt the post was “dictating what people could say” which he found “embarrassing”.

But he deleted the post because he did not realise it came across as homophobic.

Unless there is something more, we're not being told, I will give him the benefit of the doubt?
Luckily he’s not high profile atm, could be bad

MugaB

Coach
That never seems to worry Gus, I think he may have hired the Roosters accountant?
Nope, there's a loop hole he mentioned with regarding the salary cap, if you can move players on to other clubs before their contracts are up, plus stagger the amount per year, so critta maybe 1 mil per season, but only getting 800k now, and 1.2 on his last season, also player swap deals near end of season helps eliviate the cap space, and i think he mentioned that the auditors look at over the span of 3-5 years, not specifically each year as an individual, its why the dolphins could spend cap for the next season, even thou they has some spare to front load it

Tigerm

First Grade

Panthers superstar Luai has vowed to make a call on his future before returning to pre-season training next week, which means D-Day is fast approaching.

I believe that is today?

I'd rather know sooner than later, what the f**k is going on?

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Tigerm

First Grade
So possible announcement in two weeks time?
Well, someone should know, whether it’s the public, I have no idea if all to be kept secret, but I understand he supposedly will tell Penrith of his decision, then there is a 10 day cooling off period where Penrith can try and change his mind, if they want to?
Not sure if that period can be waived, if they don’t want to?

Nutz

Bench
Well, someone should know, whether it’s the public, I have no idea if all to be kept secret, but I understand he supposedly will tell Penrith of his decision, then there is a 10 day cooling off period where Penrith can try and change his mind, if they want to?
Not sure if that period can be waived, if they don’t want to?
Shall I ask my shady informant again?

Latest posts