What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter:
Panthers officials are prepared to increase their offer to Jarome Luai of a contract longer than two years to ward off interest from WT & the Bulldogs. (SMH)

Who knows what is true at the moment?

But if it is, it probably indicates that Luai has advised Penrith of his decision?

We need @Nutz to get onto his mate and give us the scoop hahaha

Black Panther

Juniors
NBWT twitter:
Panthers officials are prepared to increase their offer to Jarome Luai of a contract longer than two years to ward off interest from WT & the Bulldogs. (SMH)

Who knows what is true at the moment?

But if it is, it probably indicates that Luai has advised Penrith of his decision?

We need @Nutz to get onto his mate and give us the scoop hahaha
Penrith always said the length of the deal wouldn’t be a problem to increase, the money will be the only issue.
Seems like the Tigers will fall right into the managements hands and offer Luai more to come.

Tigerm

Coach
Penrith always said the length of the deal wouldn’t be a problem to increase, the money will be the only issue.
Seems like the Tigers will fall right into the managements hands and offer Luai more to come.
They already did, about a week ago, I believe?
I don’t believe they will up their offer, this has been the club practice of late?

TBH, I certainly would like him here, but if he doesn’t, then he doesn’t, the club will move on.

Just a thought: If we had Nathan signed, we probably wouldn’t offer anymore than you blokes are, but we don’t, so we are.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
He can enjoy playing with his mates in a decent team for another 5 years or he can have over a million dollars extra to invest for a higher quality lifestyle and looking after his family for another 50 years. His choice but I would be choosing the well-being of my family.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
lol offering 300k more a year and still can’t get him to sign
OK, so let me explain this to you because you obviously don't get it.

Managers do everything they possibly can, taking as long as they can, to get the best deal for their clients from all interested parties including the club he is at.

It makes as much sense to say the Panthers have increased their offer both financially and length of time and they still can't get him to sign.

Oh and don't forget to mention even though the Bulldogs have Ciraldo and have a dozen of his mates they still haven't been able to get him to sign.

etc etc etc

Black Panther

Juniors
OK, so let me explain this to you because you obviously don't get it.

Managers do everything they possibly can, taking as long as they can, to get the best deal for their clients from all interested parties including the club he is at.

It makes as much sense to say the Panthers have increased their offer both financially and length of time and they still can't get him to sign.

Oh and don't forget to mention even though the Bulldogs have Ciraldo and have a dozen of his mates they still haven't been able to get him to sign.

etc etc etc
The difference being, Tigers and Bulldogs are a rabble at the moment. He knows if he stays at Penrith, he will be successful . But if he leaves he will be rich.
If he wants a challenge, he leaves. If he wants to win he stays.
Anyway, I hope it gets sorted soon either way.

Tigerm

Coach
The difference being, Tigers and Bulldogs are a rabble at the moment. He knows if he stays at Penrith, he will be successful . But if he leaves he will be rich.
"A rabble at the moment" is an important point, as it won't always be the case, we will start to climb, the same as your club can't stay on top forever?
It's up the Benji and his team, to sell that dream to whoever comes here and I would think we wouldn't them here, if they're just here for the money?
We need them to make a difference.

BrotherJim05

Bench
You have to also consider legacy and personal legacy.

If he stays and you boys win another premiership he gets to be part of a 4 peat. It's Last Dance level stuff. Something that I don't see being achieved again in NRL.

But if he goes and the Panthers start to regress, then the conversation shifts to whether Luai was not given the respect he deserves.

Then if he comes to Tigers and gets us back into finals, even if he just makes us competitive again then he has achieved something that Cronk, Tedesco or any of these other legend status players could achieve.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You have to also consider legacy and personal legacy.

If he stays and you boys win another premiership he gets to be part of a 4 peat. It's Last Dance level stuff. Something that I don't see being achieved again in NRL.

But if he goes and the Panthers start to regress, then the conversation shifts to whether Luai was not given the respect he deserves.

Then if he comes to Tigers and gets us back into finals, even if he just makes us competitive again then he has achieved something that Cronk, Tedesco or any of these other legend status players could achieve.
We aren't going anywhere for a good while. Probably favs to win the next 3 years with or without Luai

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

he’s going to be very well off no matter where he plays

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I have asked my contacts if Luai has already signed and they said "How the hell should I know? I don't even follow rugby league."

Tigerm

Coach
LUAI’S CLAIMS ON THE NO.7 JERSEY

Jarome Luai is being chased hard by the Tigers and Bulldogs with the Panthers facing a massive fight to retain his services.

The big question is can Luai make the switch from a running five-eighth to a chief organiser in the No.7 hot seat?

However, Ciraldo has known Luai for a long time and has no doubt he has what it takes to be a quality halfback in the NRL.

“Jarome can do anything he wants really,” Ciraldo said.

“He is a quality player who loves footy and he loves his teammates.

“That’s the challenge of someone like that if he is looking for that challenge.

“But I have seen Jarome since he was 17 years old and every challenge that has been thrown at him he has latched onto and gone after it and ultimately succeeded.

His winning ratio in every grade he has played is unbelievable, so yeah Jarome can do anything he wants if he puts his mind to it.”

The Bulldogs have been linked to both Luai and Addin Fonua-Blake and Ciraldo hinted he would be happy to get at least one of the star duo.

“I think we have shown we are in the market for quality players,” Ciraldo said.

“We are very happy with the players we have bought and our long-term mantra is about developing Bulldogs players through our pathways system and we are doing a great job of that.

“We won two of the lower grade titles in Harold Matthews Cup and Jersey Flegg last year and we have got some really good talent coming through there.

“But it is important to have those guys at the top end who can help set the culture and show them what winning looks like every day.

“The good thing is we do have space for more quality talent at the top end and if one of those names come off that is great, but if not we are happy with what we are building.”

Wow, they have just signed 10 players (appreciate not all will on big coin) but they still have room for both Luai and AFB?
WTF is our accountant doing?