What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I’ve been waiting for this day for many seasons.

The corrupt appointments on the matey has come to an end.

It’s an exhilarating, wonderful feeling. The greatest day in club history since gf.

Whole Board sacked in abject disgrace and derision, along with the accompanying shame is above and beyond all expectations.

Oh Happy Day!

Richo as CEO, the rest of the league will start sitting up and taking notice. We’re coming after your marquee. Surrender!

His average premiership strike rate is very good. Richo’s 4 year plan will be a real one, with the club moving up not down. Realistically a premiership in 5 years seems quite possible.

Thanks to all our friends from other clubs and forums who never gave up on us.

We won’t forget your kindness.

I’m sorry Stryker isn’t here. I dedicate this post to his memory.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Lol settle down.
This bloke has to learn the game.
Doubt he’ll play top grade at all next year, barring a shocking injury run.
Lol, you settle down.
I didn't say he's there yet, but if he does get his chance he'll make an impact. Stop being condescending with your posts man.

Last edited:
I was wondering when you would grace us with your presence TSP.
Those 14,000 hate posts to the Wests Tigers board may have finally done it's job ha ha.

We will all have to take up talking about the footy again.

In the meantime, we’ve got this four man junta at the helm, some kind of nazi occupation thing but they assure us it’s only interim..

The fedora so burned.

My bet is Lee will pull his sponsorship. I hope not because it will paint him in a bad light.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully Rowdy comes back.

Last edited:
Hopefully the change will be embraced by the squad. That means consulting with them.

Maybe Ronnie was the straw that broke the camels back. He wins after all. Hopefully we can find something for him.

Better for Benji that the emotional decks are cleared and he has to compete free of hand ups. Much more professional.

I wonder if we will get more transparency?

I’m looking forward to the season.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
True. We don't even know for sure what the recommendations are. I've liked what's been announced so far, particularly reducing the number of Wests Ashfield board appointees from 4 down to 1 and ensuring the number of independent directors outweighs the number of non-independent directors, but board composition is just one aspect of the reforms needed.
But don't WA basically finance the WT's?
It will be interesting if WA don't like the direction they take, would they then consider there own position?
The WT's don't have a financial home base (Leagues Club) to fund short falls, so they will need someone with a large wallet to help with the finances and that entity will probably want a seat or two at the table?
For me, ideally they need a rotation of board members on a set amount of years, giving new blood every few years?
Though, I still don't think the board has a lot to do with on field footy success?
But happy with Shane Richardson coming on board for a while.

Nutz

Bench
It will be interesting if WA don't like the direction they take, would they then consider there own position?
The WT's don't have a financial home base (Leagues Club) to fund short falls, so they will need someone with a large wallet to help with the finances and that entity will probably want a seat or two at the table?
For me, ideally they need a rotation of board members on a set amount of years, giving new blood every few years?
Though, I still don't think the board has a lot to do with on field footy success?
I think WA would solely interested in the product. Collectively the union of Tigers and Magpie supporters means more people and $. Well that's how I see it.
I reckon if you did a world wide survey it would reveal the tiger brand is more marketable.
I'd like to see a complete Wests Tigers club (teams) from the NRL down to HM. One club!
The NRL also needs WT to be going strong as it helps promote the game.
Two foundation clubs with a huge nursery and a world wide following.
Why the NRL allow Foxsport to chase us and ridicule us all the time is damaging the game.

Tigerm

Coach
I think WA would solely interested in the product. Collectively the union of Tigers and Magpie supporters means more people and $. Well that's how I see it.
I reckon if you did a world wide survey it would reveal the tiger brand is more marketable.
I'd like to see a complete Wests Tigers club (teams) from the NRL down to HM. One club!
The NRL also needs WT to be going strong as it helps promote the game.
Two foundation clubs with a huge nursery and a world wide following.
Why the NRL allow Foxsport to chase us and ridicule us all the time is damaging the game.
I think we sometimes deserve the ridicule tbh?

What I meant with WA funding was, if the club goes in a direction that differs vastly from WA’s goals, will they support it?
If I’m reading it correctly, they will now only have one seat at the table, which allows very little control on how there support is used?
I don’t know much about WA club, but supporting footy clubs is an expensive business to your bottom line?

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Wow.....yesterday was quite the day for our club. Im not over dramatizing things when I say it has been the club's best day in over a decade.

Yesterday was finally that line drawn in the sand for the club to make meaningful change. It took TWO wooden spoons for change to happen (Most sporting teams around the world do it after one spoon) and I knew a few fans that had no confidence at all that any change from the top would happen from this. Myself, I was very 50/50 on it happening but lost faith as the off season wore on.

Make no mistake, these two men (as well as the board) had to go. There are some Qld Cup teams that run rings around the Wests Tigers in the way that they are run.

There will be some short-term consequences but Im willing to wear all of them for the greater good of the club.

1. We will lose both high profile targets in Luai and Blake. Our club has more than enough on its plate at the moment.....this will harm negotiations with any player considering our position but Im willing to wear it. Im sure some managers have steered their clients away from playing from us due to the clowns running our club. The clearing of the decks and hopefully employing good people will help in future seasons.....but we will have to take the hit with no AFB and Luai.

2. We could lose the Bryden Lawyers sponsorship but once again.....Im willing to wear it to get Lee out of our club. Success will bring us sponsorships. In saying that, I have the gut feeling we will have the "Brydens Lawyers" sponsorship for 2024 and they will pull out after that.....which would be very much a goodwill gesture from Lee.

3. Im not quite convinced the culling has ended after yesterday. I would think Nofoaluma would very much be on the chopping bloke after yesterday. He'd want to behave himself from here on in or they will get him for breach of contract. Another guy I think would almost certainly be looking for another job right now would be Scott Fulton. I have no blame on Scott Fulton for anything at the Tigers....but he was employed without consultation by coaching staff (another (Lee/Pascoe error) and is known not to get along with Benji. I think something will certainly give here and he will get his marching orders fairly soon. I think the coaching staff will have the microscope on them too....particularly a rookie coach like Benji. Not bad things at all.

Yesterday certainly does not guarantee success....especially on an instant level. Next year will have some pain. But, if management and coaching staff are on the same positive page together, things should gradually get better.

Yesterday at least gives us the promise of positive change. Im looking forward to see how things turn out over the next 12 months.

Nutz

Bench
I think we sometimes deserve the ridicule tbh?

What I meant with WA funding was, if the club goes in a direction that differs vastly from WA’s goals, will they support it?
If I’m reading it correctly, they will now only have one seat at the table, which allows very little control on how there support is used?
I don’t know much about WA club, but supporting footy clubs is an expensive business to your bottom line?
Not as much as you think TM, the NRL pays for a massive amount of it.
They give clubs multi-million dollar annual grants and remember the $7m covid19 relief funds.
A lot of this would be squandered imo if WA went in a different direction.
As far as Lee's threat to pull out his sponsorship, Shane Richardson and Barry O'Farrell have been around and would no doubt replace that sponsorship with their contacts.
Also Shane had a lot to do with Luai earlier on so that's a bonus.
Finally, is $1m that much money these days?
I would have thought with the amount of advertising a major sponsor gets it should be more like $5m+

Nutz

Bench
@Wizardman
@Tigerm
I think the ridicule was necessary and the partition too as it forced their hand.
All this attention and distraction is not fair on a rookie coach starting out on a new career.
If WT does suceed under these less favorable conditions it will be a massive congrats to Benji but I fear that if we miss the finals or worse a three peat spoon then he'll join the rest of the coaching rubbish pile.
Hope we march onward and upward.

Wizardman

First Grade
@Wizardman
@Tigerm
I think the ridicule was necessary and the partition too as it forced their hand.
All this attention and distraction is not fair on a rookie coach starting out on a new career.
If WT does suceed under these less favorable conditions it will be a massive congrats to Benji but I fear that if we miss the finals or worse a three peat spoon then he'll join the rest of the coaching rubbish pile.
Hope we march onward and upward.
100% the ridicule was warranted. People and the media had a bit of a giggle at a couple of the groups lobbying for a Pascoe/Lee removal. But, people power certainly had a part in what happened yesterday.

Our fans are certainly not a demanding bunch and that has probably been to our detriment. Even next year, if we improve and finish at about 12th, I'd think the majority of the fanbase would be fairly content with that. In saying that, our fans have probably never been as vocal with their discontent as they have been over the last couple of years. I know from personal experience, I've not had less interest in watching them than in last two seasons. I have watched other games with more keenness this year than Tiger games for sure.

Tigerm

Coach
Not as much as you think TM, the NRL pays for a massive amount of it.
They give clubs multi-million dollar annual grants and remember the $7m covid19 relief funds.
A lot of this would be squandered imo if WA went in a different direction.
As far as Lee's threat to pull out his sponsorship, Shane Richardson and Barry O'Farrell have been around and would no doubt replace that sponsorship with their contacts.
Also Shane had a lot to do with Luai earlier on so that's a bonus.
Finally, is $1m that much money these days?
I would have thought with the amount of advertising a major sponsor gets it should be more like $5m+
I thought the annual grant only covered salary cap? That doesn’t cover the admin costs of the club and management?

I agree, $1m isn’t much these days, but it still has to be covered, as it would have been budgeted for? Maybe they will get someone who will exceed it?

Don’t get me wrong, the decision has been made and I support it, hopefully it’s the correct one, but would you give somebody, a $1-5m and have no say in what they do with it?

Unfortunately, I’m in the off pension week? So I’m tapped. Hahaha

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Just read an article that Lee has said his firm has 1 year left in his sponsorship agreement and he would be honouring it.

Shane will conduct his own review, he’s very hands on.

Lots of meetings etc to work out how the joint is being run, meet and greets etc.

He understands the keys to a successful club and he will start to put that in place.

He is one of the best ceos around. So all good.

Over at the white elephant, there’s bags of shredded paper in the dumpster, important player contracts with coffee stains found on them lying under Pascoe's desk.

Lee has barricaded himself in the chairman’s lounge and is refusing to come quietly. His ferari is being towed away. A defect sticker on the windscreen.

Pascoe is at the barbers getting a haircut. He needs a new identity.
He has to slip out before the barber asks him to pay his overdue accounts. He’s thinking up an excuse.

His resume has been doing the rounds of nrl clubs for 3 years. Perhaps a hotdog stand?

Last edited:

Latest posts