What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
I guess you could see it that way, Im just pointing out that your club has this uncanny ability to make good players into yesterdays hero types , buy you already know that as one of the more reserved WT supporters on here :)
4 GF’s is very impressive, but worth pointing out that you fans had f**k all to do with it, coming on to our site strutting around like you know everything there is to know about footy, can get tiresome.
Surprisingly, we’ll probably work it out for ourselves.

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Chammas twitter:
Jarome Luai this morning told his teammates that he was leaving Penrith. Also told them that he was going to Tigers.

As Luai posted on social, no pen to paper yet. Bulldogs still holding out hope. New 10 day cooling off period leaves all options on the table for next fortnight.
Michael Chammas Twitter:
Jarome, once all paperwork is lodged to register his intent to sign, also has 10 days to pull out of Tigers offer. If he does do it would allow him to re-enter free agency.

———-
So basically anyone can counter offer in the 10 day period, this could go on indefinitely?
Though reportedly, he did receive an offer from the dogs already?

Das Hassler

Bench
If he did pull out or go elsewhere then that would be OK too as then it would be self evident that it was only about the money...the money's not on the field with them for 80 minutes...only their will to win is

WA Tiger

Bench
Has the Scott Fulton and Benji Marshall conflict really over?
I think out of all the club's officialdom the working relationship between these two guys is super important....why?
Hardly an issue worth mentioning anyway is it?

Nutz

Bench
You do realise that he gets paid out of the salary cap and any revenue eg gate takings , sponsors signing etc you can't just add it to your cap to go spending on more players . Lolz
Yes mate I understand that lol, but the club forks out money too to run a club and he'll help the club. He'll also attract and retain players if we start winning

Yes mate I understand that lol, but the club forks out money too to run a club and he'll help the club. He'll also attract and retain players if we start winning

Don’t forget Ivan was playing “ too cool for school” and not giving Luai enough love.”

Ivan has been an outstanding coach, should be coaching at the international level, but he didn’t read the room here.

The panthers offer was a gross insult, some might argue it was too “smug”

But it’s a nice problem to have.

In hindsight, Ivan should bet that Luai had a big affection for himself, flattered him and played on Luais ego.

But instead he smugged out. Lost control and started believing his own press.

His first bad decision since he brought Nado on too late in that gf.

Also, Dylan’s deal is way too much and Dylan would have accepted less as he’s got honour.

10 days cooling off.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Hoops interviewing the Volkan in LA just said Luai has signed a 5 year deal so news travels quick.
Not a dig from Hoops this time....I thought he'd mention the cooling off period so I hope that's not a bad omen because Hoops often gets things wrong.
What's Hoops and the rest of his cronies going to report on now...there goes 90% of his material.

Hoops interviewing the Volkan in LA just said Luai has signed a 5 year deal so news travels quick.
Not a dig from Hoops this time....I thought he'd mention the cooling off period so I hope that's not a bad omen because Hoops often gets things wrong.
What's Hoops and the rest of his cronies going to report on now...there goes 90% of his material.

Yep, bad news sells stuff.

If there’s a cat fight between Benji and Fulton, it seems to be paying dividends for us.

Luai and Ivan are close, but as Richo would have said, you have to think about the player too.

You don’t diss him in the press like Ivan did, it wasn’t needed and ended up being catastrophic for the retain Luai project.

Young marquees and superstars tend to have tabs on themselves!

Then they go to the dogs and whinge about their training!

Latest posts