What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeh I get that Ted but what do you suggest?
I don't think AD is in the club's plans, he's the only other option isn't he.
2024 is his last year and he'll miss half of it and I don't think we'll even contemplate his asking price of 800k for 2025.
Anyway, in 2024, Bud will definitely play outside the Salad so I think the club will try to develop him as a ⅝ so he can play outside Luai in 2025. If he's struggling at ⅝ next year he might play first receiver a bit.
Then comes injuries??
Regardless of what happens, Latu Fainu is even further off imo.
All players and especially the halves will have 2024 as a sort of trial season, to secure a position in he NRL team for 2025?
AD will be lucky to make it back and tbh, I don't see him being resigned?

Nutz

Bench
Other parties could make offers outside of this, in that 10 day period, which could encourage Luai to terminate our agreement and offer?
If he does, he then goes back on the open market and the (other) party, makes him a new offer?
Then the whole process starts again.
It could happen again and again?
That's it Tm , that's the farce.
An outside offer during the COP is against the rules but geez, these days that means jack poo poo

Nutz

Bench
I genuinely think we're ok with this but it doesn't help my stress disorder.
I'm just about to crack open my first beer in a lonnnnggg time and watch the end of the cricket. So goodnight my friends.

Tigerm

First Grade
That's it Tm , that's the farce.
An outside offer during the COP is against the rules but geez, these days that means jack poo poo
I wasn't sure it's against the rules, but there is no way it could policed, if it happened?
All he would say is, he changed his mind?
But the other club (lets call them dish lickers) would have to know what our price was, through either the manager or the player?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeh I get that Ted but what do you suggest?
I don't think AD is in the club's plans, he's the only other option isn't he.
2024 is his last year and he'll miss half of it and I don't think we'll even contemplate his asking price of 800k for 2025.
Anyway, in 2024, Bud will definitely play outside the Salad so I think the club will try to develop him as a ⅝ so he can play outside Luai in 2025. If he's struggling at ⅝ next year he might play first receiver a bit.
Then comes injuries??
Regardless of what happens, Latu Fainu is even further off imo.
Hopefully Fainu comes on quickly although I haven’t seen him play & as u said he’s likely not close to being ready.If only we could do a swap deal with Penrith to get Luai to concord from next season.Imo there’s certainly a question mark as to whether Sullivan can deliver at 6.Hope we have someone who can keep him on his toes

Hey TSP, you have a new identity to throw grenades at now, Ivan...thank god :)

Well obviously I’m delighted that the Board was nailed to the cross and set on fire despite the Stapleton fiasco.

Which does not mean I think Benji should be coaching the side. In fact he’s got less claim on the position. Look at how and why he was appointed and his lack of experience. Shocking. That just can’t be ignored.

In saying that, the new regime have zero Benji skin in the game, no dog in the fight and if he fails us, he will join the Board.

I think that this is much better than his protected species status of a few days ago.

I could belt on and say that the job is not done, the disease is not yet cut from our whiskers, but I’m not cruel and we will see.

Best to get on with it at the moment now that the rebels have liberated the club.

I’ve been waiting too long for this era, it’s not within my experience to support a successful Wests Tigers

But, f**k, I’m looking forward to it.

Last edited:
To even get JL to signing and cooling off stage probably means we have the best recruitment people in the game at the moment.

No one else got there.

Other clubs and players will take notice.

Any argument that marquee players won’t put on a Tigers jersey is pretty much dead and buried now.

There’s simply no truth in that anymore

I’m glad our beloved smuggy buddies think Laurie was a fair swap for JL.

axl rose

Bench
Plus he shit on him a month or so ago, basically telling him, he was nothing without Nathan?
Great way to try and keep someone, I think he might also have a point to prove, when he plays them, whoever it is with?
Yes, he said Jerome going off injured in the 2nd half of the GF unleashed Nathans game. That it did, but its certainly been made clear by smug that its the Clearys team and the rest fill in the gaps.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
To even get JL to signing and cooling off stage probably means we have the best recruitment people in the game at the moment.

No one else got there.

Other clubs and players will take notice.

Any argument that marquee players won’t put on a Tigers jersey is pretty much dead and buried now.

There’s simply no truth in that anymore

I’m glad our beloved smuggy buddies think Laurie was a fair swap for JL.

Silverdale hate to burst your bubble. Laurie was bought as a 'cheap safeguard' in case the bidding got too high for Luai.

This happened I believe in July if 2023. So not a swap for Luai as such, but a safeguard. The club officals knew that Laurie was a Panther at heart,ery capable and big hearted. Laurie proved in 2nd half of the year he had potential to be a 6, especially behind a strong forward pack, and Cleary outside him.

In hindsight this was very wise thinking by Cameron and Ivan Cleary.

I'm sure he'll be extended if Laurie shows promise during the year. With so many internationals in the team, the cap was getting just a bit tight. This was their solution.

So come 2025 you blokes will have a first rate 5/8th. Please treat him well. Allow him to be himself. He marches to his own tune.

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes, he said Jerome going off injured in the 2nd half of the GF unleashed Nathans game. That it did, but its certainly been made clear by smug that its the Clearys team and the rest fill in the gaps.
Did Cleary say that, shit

Last edited:
Silverdale hate to burst your bubble. Laurie was bought as a 'cheap safeguard' in case the bidding got too high for Luai.

This happened I believe in July if 2023. So not a swap for Luai as such, but a safeguard. The club officals knew that Laurie was a Panther at heart,ery capable and big hearted. Laurie proved in 2nd half of the year he had potential to be a 6, especially behind a strong forward pack, and Cleary outside him.

In hindsight this was very wise thinking by Cameron and Ivan Cleary.

I'm sure he'll be extended if Laurie shows promise during the year. With so many internationals in the team, the cap was getting just a bit tight. This was their solution.

So come 2025 you blokes will have a first rate 5/8th. Please treat him well. Allow him to be himself. He marches to his own tune.

Alice, Ivan made very rude and inconsiderate comments about JL a month or so ago.

He has either lost the plot or wanted to force JL out.

If Laurie is your insurance for JL, things are far worse than I thought!

I know it’s difficult to cop, but Ivan thought he would be too smug about JL and he got his just desserts.

He needs therapy or something sister.

Did Cleary say that shit

Indeed he did and a lot more.

His attachment to his son, albeit nothing untoward, seems a bit unhealthy and smothering.

Nate was probably brought up like a rugby league Prince Andrew.

He thought co vid was a joke and he is best friends of the sex pervert May, who is as we know, is a piece of shit.

Maybe Nate and Ivan could get one of those family Divorce things.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Alice, Ivan made very rude and inconsiderate comments about JL a month or so ago.

He has either lost the plot or wanted to force JL out.

If Laurie is your insurance for JL, things are far worse than I thought!

I know it’s difficult to cop, but Ivan thought he would be too smug about JL and he got his just desserts.

He needs therapy or something sister.

Firstly Silverdale, I'm not your sister.....(I already have a family). I'm not wishing to acquire any more.

I agree Ivan's comments were (in my opinion perhaps a little considered). But after 3 trophies in 4 years I'll grant him that mistake.

Nothing, but nothing in this world is a given. Jarome re injured the same shoulder he injured in 2021. When they operated there was damage from previous surgerys.

W/T will get Jarome in 2025.....Will his shoulder stand up.....in the front line, behind a team (without a dominant and clever forward pack, like Penrith have)

These are the unknowns. Jarome will turn 28 in 2025. Will Benji still be there.

Will Jarome turn out to be an expensive Josh Reynolds.

Nothing is written in ink.

You've bought a good player, Penrith will be sad to lose him.

One thing I've learnt over the years. Don't count your chickens before they have hatched.

Firstly Silverdale, I'm not your sister.....(I already have a family). I'm not wishing to acquire any more.

I agree Ivan's comments were (in my opinion perhaps a little considered). But after 3 trophies in 4 years I'll grant him that mistake.

Nothing, but nothing in this world is a given. Jarome re injured the same shoulder he injured in 2021. When they operated there was damage from previous surgerys.

W/T will get Jarome in 2025.....Will his shoulder stand up.....in the front line, behind a team (without a dominant and clever forward pack, like Penrith have)

These are the unknowns. Jarome will turn 28 in 2025. Will Benji still be there.

Will Jarome turn out to be an expensive Josh Reynolds.

Nothing is written in ink.

You've bought a good player, Penrith will be sad to lose him.

One thing I've learnt over the years. Don't count your chickens before they have hatched.

Alice, we both live in the panther player catchment, so we are related.

Then when I retire and leave the district, we will get a family divorce thing.

WA Tiger

Bench

Anyway …He’s here now. If he can help then he’s worth 1.2…Just know he’s here for the $$$… and then Benji and then maybe even Richardson and Api but overall the teams looking pretty bloody good even without him..Sezer could prob pass some stuff on to him….It’ll be hard to leave seezer out on game day