What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Just read that our odds of winning have sky rocketed. HA HA.
2024 is like a development year. There are too nany variables to consider without betting on us.
Death and taxes gentleman, they're the only certain things in life.
I’m going in, I do it every year, if they get into the top 8, I will have halved my losses. Hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
Shit, on the ball bud, great work hahaha
It’s a good story and one I think that every parent hopes that there children will be successful, the added bonus is, if the child is not a merkin, and helps the family who helped them, if they need it?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Keyboard warriors love having a dig but fail to see the good things about people. We all have problems....noone is perfect.
I tend to judge a book by it's cover because my first impression is usually right however I tend be keep my criticism to myself until I know better.
However making it an obsession by filling your life and continually doubting and criticising others will make one bitter and twisted and not liked. That's a pretty sad way to live. Some people haven't got a nice thing to say anytime about anyone, they just can't do it.
Jarome is a type of guy that opposition players and supporters love to hate, a bit like our boy Benny. But when they're on your side causing havoc to other teams we love em.
What Jerome means to & has done for the beautiful kid who had a leg amputated & lost his mum in the helicopter crash at Gold Coast early this yr is priceless & underscores how decent a human he is.The rugby league media especially Murdoch’s grubs from the DT & the nrl 360 pissants are the most contemptible excrement & the lowest common denominator in Australian media.

Nutz

Bench
The rugby league media especially Murdoch’s grubs from the DT & the nrl 360 pissants are the most contemptible excrement & the lowest common denominator in Australian media.
The trouble is Ted, society relates to dishwater media like the DT & the nrl 360 pissants.
That's why they do what they do.
Then the followers are gobsmacked when their fav media host assaults his wife or a player steals jerseys set aside for charity.
People are so gullible these days that they believe and follow idiots and believe hullabaloo.

TroyJax

Juniors
A reality check, really?
Then you say to Tm has he written off next year??
Troy, Tm and I have been supporting the tigers since the sixties. We both, in fact the majority of us on the forum have been hanging in there for years.
We are not delusional, we are supoorters but more importantly we are loyal.
What we/I say are often from the heart and can be misconstrued as if its gospel. Mate its just opinions, something to talk about over the off season and not worth getting upset about.
Yes really.
Last year was the worst year in our club's history.
We had a middle of the pack roster and came dead last, playing like scared bitches for most of the year.
Absolute embarrassment.
Blindly supporting a club doesn't make you some sort of loyalty-based superhero....it makes you accepting of the mediocre and the incompetent.
The club deserves to be kicked in the face, they have earned it. Instead, they do the same shit they do every year....they publish some training photos and a section of the fan base immediately whip their little 4-incher's out and start furiously stroking like braindead monkeys. They then sell overpriced memberships to the adoring horde. I mean...FFS memberships should be half price this year to apologies for the 13 years of merkin football effort.
Our recruitment this off season has been shitful. It will not improve our season in 24. We need proper centres. To'a, Naden etc are not good enough and should be traded for guys who can play. Our wingers are f**ked so we sign rugby guys who cant convert. We need proper middles. Klemmer and Pole are reasonable but Steph and Twal are not. We have a bag of unproven halves and possibly a big fish coming the year after.
Our backrowers last year were awful. Bateman was a balloon filled with puppy shit. Papali'i didnt give a god damn.

WA Tiger

Bench
The article on Luai’s past circumstances with his father etc gets plenty of sympathy and understanding from me..and could explain a lot about how he behaves with his gang signs and insensitive comments at times.…his spending time with an amputee doesn’t tell me that much. It more brings to mind the term sports washing ..Thinking he’s too good to do the dishes at home tells me more

Nutz

Bench
The article on Luai’s past circumstances with his father etc garners plenty of sympathy and understanding from me..and could explain a lot about how he behaves with his gang signs and insensitive comments at times.…his spending time with an amputee doesn’t tell me that much. It more brings to mind the term sports washing ..Thinking he’s too good to do the dishes at home tells me more
Don't look into his lifestyle too much mate. The media will pick parts that they know will be clickbait. Richo said he knows the guy and rates him and until he pokes me in the eye I've got him.

Nutz

Bench
superhero....it makes you accepting of the mediocre and the incompetent.
What a load of bullshit Troy.
Just because I don't rant and rave in every post about the failings of the Wests Tigers, it doesn't mean I accept mediocrity nor do I leave a sinking ship.
Sounds like you need to support a different club troy if you can't find any positives, why do it to yourself fella.

Last edited:
I think @General Stripes summed up the differences between this pre-season and previous ones being that we are “under new management”

A club really can’t do more to re-invent itself than sack the whole ‘ ken board ( but one to help explain the mess, being a good idea).

If someone here thinks otherwise, please enlighten us!

I accept that there are a bunch of legacy decisions that we remain subject to, but it’s matter of sorting the good from the bad.

But we are not the same club as we were a few weeks ago.

I think it’s for the good. It has to be!

It will all unfold.

Last edited:

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
The club deserves to be kicked in the face, they have earned it. Instead, they do the same shit they do every year...

Please remind me... At what point last year, or any of the last 13 years, did we fire the entire board, replace the CEO and sign a triple premiership winning half still in his prime?

I understand you're talking about next year. It's like we've known we have cancer for over half a decade and have been seeking advice from naturopaths and crystal healers all that time. But a few weeks back we finally decided to see a real doctor.... If there's ever been a time to finally say the future is looking brighter in the last decade, this is probably the first instant it's truly been warranted.

blue bags

First Grade
I wasn't expecting big things next season. Were you? I think we need to be realistic in what we hope to achieve?

My comments were based on the fact that if Luai does come in '25, one of the halves playing next season, will not be there? So both players are trialling for a position in '25?
We have some new and local lads who are coming through, so I do think next season will be a preparation year, for when/if Luai does come?

I'm not sure what writing off a season means? We will improve, yes we will, but that won't be hard. But we will need a bit of luck?
Will we make the top 8? A lot depends on what the halves can deliver imo?
But we won't compete in the GF, if that's what you mean.

Like it or not, a new coach (especially brand new) wouldn't be expected to turn us around in his first season, so yes, I do think it will take next season to get the team he wants on the field, still no guarantees?
Yes agree 24 rebuild. 25 top 4

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yes agree 24 rebuild. 25 top 4

1. Bula
2. Tupou
3. Toa
5. Staines
7. Luai
8. Klemmer
9. Korisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
14. Pole
15. Twal
16. Da Silva

IMO is absolutely the makings a top 4 side. Obviously there’s a huge amount of other factors to take in, with coaching being the main one, however there is certainly enough to be excited about amongst that group.