What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

MugaB

Coach
Who is going to be our goal kicker for 2024?
Api or Sezer
Sezer has kicked roughly 1 goal a game in England 2020-2023, unsure of percentage is.
In his NRL games he has kicked 179 goals from 218 attempts which is 82%.
When at the Gold Coast he kicked around the high 80's. Pretty impressive actually.
Api's career goals are around 85% but no where near the amount of attempts compared with Aiden.
Another question... who is going to do the long punt kicks and bombs. Sezer, but what if he's unavailable?
After seeing that goal kick from the sideline against the dolphins, you'd seriously wouldn't pick anyone else

Oh no, what have they done to you in the cooler my poor son, did they torture you, like locking you in a padded cell with all the episodes of Tales of Tiger Town running non-stop on a big TV screen.

The WL podcast guys were blaming Pascoe for the payouts (sheens and Madge), but what they stuffed up is that none of these big decisions were made by Pascoe without the board.

So I love the guys and their passion, everyone should tune in and support the program, but be careful of some of their conclusions.

They noted that Moses said he may have come back to WT if it wasn’t for Justin, but that means you have to accept Moses as the fountain of righteousness.

I think not gentlemen.

MugaB

Coach
The WL podcast guys were blaming Pascoe for the payouts (sheens and Madge), but what they stuffed up is that none of these big decisions were made by Pascoe without the board.

So I love the guys and their passion, everyone should tune in and support the program, but be careful of some of their conclusions.

They noted that Moses said he may have come back to WT if it wasn’t for Justin, but that means you have to accept Moses as the fountain of righteousness.

I think not gentlemen.
Are we still saying Ivan did all his payouts too, btw moses coming back would not have been the parting of seas

Nutz

Bench

I think not gentlemen.
Sorry mate but I can't watch one episode of series Tales from Tiger Town, that's what I was referring to.
Instead I'd rather watch the latest interviews by a former player Chris Warren.
This episode is with Justin Matamua.
We haven't seen the best of this kid let me tell you.
I don't watch the westslige podcast either.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Ye
Sorry mate but I can't watch one episode of series Tales from Tiger Town, that's what I was referring to.
Instead I'd rather watch the latest interviews by a former player Chris Warren.
This episode is with Justin Matamua.
We haven't seen the best of this kid let me tell you.
I don't watch the westslige podcast either.
Yeah, I watched it this morning.

Vic Mackey

Referee
View attachment 82842

For the viewers at home. Join the boys.

Not a massive fan of these guys. I listen every now and then, the only part I find entertaining are when Rob goes off, but its happened so many times its just boring now. They dont seem to know who any player outside the main 17 is and are so biased towards any player/official etc who gives them the time of day. They bagged Pascoe & Lee every week for years, then had an epic cry when they refused to go on their show. They act like theyre celebrities cause they got mentioned in a main stream article once. Rob has had more farewell tours then John Farnham. I dont think they have ever, ever got an 'info' that they claim right. Latrell, JAC and Angus Crichton were all coming apparently. Once I listened and the host hadnt even watched the game! Each to their own but Ive never found it informative.

Nutz

Bench
Not a massive fan of these guys. I listen every now and then, the only part I find entertaining are when Rob goes off, but its happened so many times its just boring now. They dont seem to know who any player outside the main 17 is and are so biased towards any player/official etc who gives them the time of day. They bagged Pascoe & Lee every week for years, then had an epic cry when they refused to go on their show. They act like theyre celebrities cause they got mentioned in a main stream article once. Rob has had more farewell tours then John Farnham. I dont think they have ever, ever got an 'info' that they claim right. Latrell, JAC and Angus Crichton were all coming apparently. Once I listened and the host hadnt even watched the game! Each to their own but Ive never found it informative.
You nailed practically everything I dont like about the show.
They sit back and act like they are smug especially Rob and they are so slow, puts me to sleep. I watched/listened to a couple of earlier episodes then picked up a bit later but nothing had changed, still boring.

All fair I guess.

I’m also listening for the little snippets of info that I might not know about ( a lot lol).

I agree that you should arm yourself with some basics before tuning in, but I figure it’s free, so I don’t mind.

They mentioned the failure of capturing Latrell, but I think we were one of six vying for the precious Idiots signature.

How many times does he have to get suspended and f**k over south’s?

I wouldn’t have him tbh except on a meaningful discount.

I suppose we can pull anything apart if we want to!!

Here’s a link to Lee’s thoughts on what he sees as a grave betrayal by Stapleton and Co.

You’ll need to forgive the backside licking by sen ( no wonder they are going broke).

There’s a lot to unpack, but in the summary, suffice to say he probably provided the interview when he was still under emotional distress, despite his assurances otherwise.

The sad reality for Lee is that he lost the confidence and trust of people close to him.

That’s always a difficult pill to swallow.

My other impression with his self serving missive was just how out of touch he was and sadly, remains.

He lacks a bit of self awareness.

Nothing he said made me feel any better about him.

Doesn’t make him evil or anything, just unsuited and let’s be honest, seemingly incompetent in the role.

murraymob

Coach
Welcome to our free forum.

Get your ass back to the picket line protesting my banning on the part of the panther LU.

Crime against humanity.

And btw Merry Xmas dickhead.
Silverdale I will stand up for your rights in panther town but you must promise when you visit to put some pants on I become a outcast in panther land when I dared push for a statue at the ground dedicated to the great man latimore
The Cleary clan grabbed the pitch forks and lynch mobs gathered .Long live the oppressed

MugaB

Coach
Silverdale I will stand up for your rights in panther town but you must promise when you visit to put some pants on I become a outcast in panther land when I dared push for a statue at the ground dedicated to the great man latimore
The Cleary clan grabbed the pitch forks and lynch mobs gathered .Long live the oppressed
images.jpeg-52.jpg

simmo05

Bench

Michael Jordan’s 2023 pay cheque from Nike has reached an absolutely absurd level.
The NBA icon was in October recognised as the first ever athlete to crack Forbes’ annual list of the 400 richest people in America with his net worth soaring to $4.7 billion.

His contract with Nike — and the deal cut with the sport apparel goliath surrounding his personal “Jordan” brand — is well known to have been the real source of his wealth.

Details of the agreement surrounding the Jordan brand — which uses the iconic “Jumpman” logo — have emerged this week with sports business guru Joe Pompliano pointing out Jordan’s pay cheque from the deal will nearly hit $500m (US$330,000 million) this year.

Being really good at sport pays, but being smart in business, as well, pays better hahaha

f**king incredible numbers for a sportsman.
I like it. I hope some league boys can rape their fair share out of these businesses that rape everyone else

simmo05

Bench
Here’s a link to Lee’s thoughts on what he sees as a grave betrayal by Stapleton and Co.

You’ll need to forgive the backside licking by sen ( no wonder they are going broke).

There’s a lot to unpack, but in the summary, suffice to say he probably provided the interview when he was still under emotional distress, despite his assurances otherwise.

The sad reality for Lee is that he lost the confidence and trust of people close to him.

That’s always a difficult pill to swallow.

My other impression with his self serving missive was just how out of touch he was and sadly, remains.

He lacks a bit of self awareness.

Nothing he said made me feel any better about him.

Doesn’t make him evil or anything, just unsuited and let’s be honest, seemingly incompetent in the role.
Good riddance to the insecure little pustule. He bought his way into the top job, and that alone should have put paid to the entire board who voted him in, and reinstated him in again as recently as THIS YEAR!

Good riddance to the insecure little pustule. He bought his way into the top job, and that alone should have put paid to the entire board who voted him in, and reinstated him in again as recently as THIS YEAR!

Well it’s ironic you should mention it, because he found out many calls were being made to potential major sponsors out of a suspicion that once he was garrotted, he would pull funding, take his scarf and Fedora and go home.

He cites some kind of magical function on Saturday night ( before he was sacked) where he’s told by all and sundry that they will support him after the review is released.

There he was, shaking hands on the power trip, doing the numbers, smiling and promising golden times to folk if he retains the gig. Here’s a sample of what I think he was promised.

“ Yes, 100% behind you Lee”

“ You should run the NRL Lee”

“ Nothing to worry about Lee”

So he can spend another year lording it over us with his unaccountable quasi legalese managerial incoherent psycho babble.

He obviously drove to the function in the now iconic wests tigers ferari. The supercar of failure. Remember the nrl meetings about the cows cheating. Him and Justin went in all confident and Vlandys ripped them a new one. They could barely walk after that meeting. It was humiliating and an embarrassment.

And by the way, our fan base generally aren’t supercar people. Some are, but most of us are just driving stock cars to get to work and run around in. It doesn’t impress us, it reeks of arrogance and bad values.

And our favourite “ I’ve been defamed” refrain which was always and without exception, code for doing absolutely f**k all. As soon as he said it ( weekly), we all knew we were f**ked and were meekly surrendering yet again.

Anyway, sen were his only favourable media. Because he f**king sponsors them and half the game.

He said his biggest regret was re-signing Madge for an extra year. Nothing about the spoons, nothing about the performances, nothing about the ciraldo fiasco, the Tim trauma etc..

Real journos would have lifted him up by his collar, like Gal did to Tim. Bloody Gal of all people!

He did indicate that him and Justin had a few beers when the news came. What was their memory lane chat that was uplifting?

He tried a semi human face on it, but he couldn’t help himself playing the victim. Said he was busy at work and all that, well we all are Lee.

Membership ( everyone)

Just a clean out of my head, I’ve put the membership thread up. Just pat the grave with a shovel …and join me on the bus.

Just get a $45 pet one if you’re struggling. Say you’ve got a pet cockroach, Richo won’t care.

For the lu archive:

943CE7A6-E025-4F9F-AADB-25BE39C31C26.png

Source official, Xmas day 2023.

Lee has been hacking the white elephant server, so he can’t be pulled down. Give it up Lee. Where’s the letter to the club threatening legal action for misrepresentation?

The betrayal by his mates, amazing.

“ Latrell will be playing for the Wests Tigers” ffs

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Well it’s ironic you should mention it, because he found out many calls were being made to potential major sponsors out of a suspicion that once he was garrotted, he would pull funding, take his scarf and Fedora and go home.

He cites some kind of magical function on Saturday night ( before he was sacked) where he’s told by all and sundry that they will support him after the review is released.

There he was, shaking hands on the power trip, doing the numbers, smiling and promising golden times to folk if he retains the gig. Here’s a sample of what I think he was promised.

“ Yes, 100% behind you Lee”

“ You should run the NRL Lee”

“ Nothing to worry about Lee”

So he can spend another year lording it over us with his unaccountable quasi legalese management incoherent psycho babble.

He obviously drove to the function in the now iconic wests tigers ferari. The supercar of failure. Remember the nrl meetings about the cows cheating. Him and Justin went in all confident and Vlandys ripped them a new one. They could barely walk after that meeting. It was humiliating and an embarrassment.

And by the way, our fan base generally aren’t supercar people. Some are, but most of us are just driving stock cars to get to work and run around in. It doesn’t impress us, it reeks of arrogance and bad values.

And our favourite “ I’ve been defamed” refrain which was always and without exception, code for doing absolutely f**k all. As soon as he said it ( weekly), we all knew we were f**ked and were meekly surrendering yet again.

Anyway, sen were his only favourable media. Because he f**king sponsors them and half the game as a tax thing.

He said his biggest regret was re-signing Madge for an extra year. Nothing about the spoons, nothing about the performances, nothing about the ciraldo fiasco, the Tim trauma etc..

Real journos would have lifted him up by his collar, like Gal did to Tim. Bloody Gal of all people!

He did indicate that him and Justin had a few beers when the news came. What was their memory lane chat that was uplifting?

He tried a semi human face on it, but he couldn’t help himself playing the victim. Said he was busy at work and all that, well we all are Lee.

Membership ( everyone)

Just a clean out of my head, I’ve put the membership thread up. Just pat the grave with a shovel …and join me on the bus.

Just get a $45 pet one if you’re struggling. Say you’ve got a pet cockroach, Richo won’t care.

For the lu archive:

View attachment 82880

Source official, Xmas day 2023.

Lee has been hacking the server, so he can’t be pulled down.

The betrayal by his mates, amazing.
I take it you don't like Lee? Ha ha

Latest posts