What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
ASX, I think our Aussie imported versions are built in Japan.

The Japanese are simply the best car makers in the world.

They try to reproduce the craftsmanship elsewhere but can’t manage it.

Toyota came close here in my experience. Bulletproof.

View attachment 82881

View attachment 82882

View attachment 82883

Then I was looking at Product Review and they rate 4.8 stars out of 5. So top 5 percent in terms of satisfied customers.

And no $300 wipers or pulling off the bumper bar to replace a light globe ( new golf).

I think Mitsubishi are 33% owned by Nissan, but do their own thing.

Here is the big boss, Mr Kato

View attachment 82884

He is an engineer by profession not just a business moron.

Ive owned a few Mitsubishis in the past.

I think the ASX looks really nice.

They are going to sell the ASX as a Renault under the scheme. So long as the europeans don’t build it, that will be fine.

Looking good.
Good research mate.
What's going on with Luia, are we going to have to wait till next year for a D.

Good research mate.
What's going on with Luia, are we going to have to wait till next year for a D.

No doubt Richo will try to negotiate a release for JL, but he’s not starting officially until Jan 1.

The pressure is on for getting the best side available for Benji.

Maybe a swap and some cash.

But the panthers would have to rejig their side and find a suitable replacement which is a very challenging assignment.

They got their sums wrong and from my perspective, they honestly thought he would come quietly per some kind of friendship discount.

A 475k per annum slap across the head to remain part of the illustrious smug.

They have been the greatest club side on earth for awhile now, astonishing accomplishments, but he’s feeling the cold winds of change.

I think he wants the challenge as well at a personal level, meet new people and step out into the world.

He is very expensive, but he brings a lot of interest and glamour with him.

And most of all, confidence we are finally a destination club. If we go well and our players enjoy the experience, we will procure players for a bit unders later on.

Nutz

Bench
No doubt Richo will try to negotiate a release for JL, but he’s not starting officially until Jan 1.

The pressure is on for getting the best side available for Benji.

Maybe a swap and some cash.

But the panthers would have to rejig their side and find a suitable replacement which is a very challenging assignment.

They got their sums wrong and from my perspective, they honestly thought he would come quietly per some kind of friendship discount.

A 475k per annum slap across the head to remain part of the illustrious smug.

They have been the greatest club side on earth for awhile now, astonishing accomplishments, but he’s feeling the cold winds of change.

I think he wants the challenge as well at a personal level, meet new people and step out into the world.

He is very expensive, but he brings a lot of interest and glamour with him.

And most of all, confidence we are finally a destination club. If we go well and our players enjoy the experience, we will procure players for a bit unders later on.
Panthers first priority is the World Club Challenge before the season starts but Luai wasn't going to play in that anyway so let him go , unless of course he's off to the dogs.

murraymob

Coach
W
Panthers first priority is the World Club Challenge before the season starts but Luai wasn't going to play in that anyway so let him go , unless of course he's off to the dogs.
We would be Nutz to let him go early no gain at all for us .He will see out his contract

If a suitable alternative arrives and the deal is attractive, I think it’s in the panthers best interests to release him.

To make him hang about against his will, is a sad and sorry state of affairs.

Players wont appreciate the club’s position and it will just cause disruption.

If I was Richo, I’d be saying to him that if he can jag a release, we will try to push his contract forward and the big bucks.

Sew the seeds of doubt and disturbance as to his current lodgings. Feed the press some rumours, stir up dissent.

To be fair, I’d do that to any competitor, not just Penrith.

His early arrival would be very exciting for all concerned, especially Benji. He’d finally get the one marquee talent who can obey his commands without flinching. Whole of team performances, on our 2024 squad, his inclusion might result in a late challenge for the finals, depending on injuries etc.

Especially the side as it is made up now and the new era, really good timing.

The panthers will cope better than any side in the comp without him. It’s just how they roll. Next man up, he often ends up in the gf anyway.

A player leaves them, let’s say they only miss a part of him, because the system survives intact.

They will pump out another JL soon enough.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
If a suitable alternative arrives and the deal is attractive, I think it’s in the panthers best interests to release him.

If I was Richo, I’d be saying to him that if he can jag a release, we will try to push his contract forward and the big bucks.

Sew the seeds of doubt and disturbance as to his current lodgings. Feed the press some rumours, stir up dissent.

His early arrival would be very exciting for all concerned, especially Benji. He’d finally get the one marquee talent who can obey his commands without flinching. Whole of team performances, on our 2024 squad, his inclusion might result in a late challenge for the finals, depending on injuries etc.

The panthers will cope better than any side in the comp without him. It’s just how they roll. Next man up, he often ends up in the gf anyway.

A player leaves them, let’s say they only miss a part of him, because the system survives intact.

We have to pay for his services though Tp, is getting him for half a season worth the headaches.
It's not ideal but maybe we should be working out who the best halves combo to suit Luai are.
If he was a certainty of coming to us then we have to know where he wants to play.
For me, I don't pay a ⅝ the money he's been offered. That's the thing hey. If he plays ⅝ and we dont have a good ½ then it's money wasted and vice-versa.
Some have said that Jarome played half before Nathan and he excelled...is this true?
But for now we have Salad and experimenting next year is going to be difficult.
Where does Latu fit in this and how do we experiment with him too.

MugaB

Coach

Murray is right tho, we wont let HIM go to improve a rival side, not for extra money (which we dont need)
And not for players (which we wont need as we have the vast nursery to pluck from) its also about making a firm stance that we will never release you from your contract, so play along and maybe we might... look at young hoskings he has an offer to go to the raiders, he might get to go there this season.. as he is a fringe player we only had for last season, (not one of our juniors)
But like most players we generally won't budge ala burton, kikau, critta etc, they all had to see out their respective jail time with us... luai will only make you stronger, we can't have that if we can help it atleast for this year, besides it makes you stronger without him, imagine how good you'll be in 25 when he does come... the only way is up baa aaby

2 excuses to release Luai.

1. Compassionate reasons, sick relative in Honolulu he has to visit for rare blood transfusions. Unable to play in season 24, has to live near hospital. Connect his liver up to cousins small toe. A big panther farewell at the club. Royce and Brandy provide him with a golden uggboot.

The next round he runs out for WT as 5/8 and captain.

2. Starts injuring people at training. Becomes a liability. Is photographed eating king prawns with Richo and attending WT games, aka Jamie Lyons. Writes the words “$450k shit sandwich here. Nate’s sister is _____and looks like a front rower in drag” on his locker.

We’ve just got to have the smugleteers equating him with a bad experience.

Footy players are a deeply sensitive lot, easily miffed by things they find important. The mighty mental vortex.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach

1. Compassionate reasons, sick relative in Honolulu he has to visit for rare blood transfusions. Unable to play in season 24, has to live near hospital. Connect his liver up to cousins small toe. A big panther farewell at the club. Royce and Brandy provide him with a golden uggboot.

2. Starts injuring people at training. Becomes a liability. Is photographed eating king prawns with Richo and attending WT games, aka Jamie Lyons. Writes the words “$450k shit sandwich here. Nate’s sister is _____and looks like a front rower in drag” on his locker.

Footy players are a deeply sensitive lot, easily miffed by things they find important. The mighty mental vortex.
I remember when you thought you guys had ciraldo coming and you started to "agitate" for him to be released early.... the cycle needs to stop... the cycle needs to break, he aint comin this year accept it dale

Nutz

Bench

So is that it for bashing Lee, we're now running with Luai excuses ha ha.
TSP our leader TM might be away but I'm standing in as vice captain.
So as having the keys of power for the day I hereby fine you (a punishment yet to be determined) for not using the Luai Topic for this post.

Nutz

Bench

So is that' it for bashing Lee, we're now running with Luai excuses ha ha.
TSP our leader TM might be away but I'm standing in as vice captain.
So as having the keys of power for the day I hereby fine you (a punishment yet to be determined) for not using the Luai Topic for this post.
I've also been chastised for posting info of my wife's new car in here ha ha.

Nutz

Bench
I've just finished watching replys of Olam after he returned from a broken arm and his form was sus.
I must have had blinkers on when I said earlier that his form was ok but it wasn't.
I'm wondering if it was due to his significant injury and a disruptive preseason or whether he may be getting on a bit and has lost his impact.
If we get him for next year he might have another disruptive preseason.

I always thought @macnaz was forum leader.

He pretty much does his own thing most of the time, then he comes on, starts clubbing people around the head -to remind us he’s still in charge- and then quietly gos back and gets on with his day.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Just got advised that a podcast from Beetoota Advocate has a really good interview with Shane Richardson, discussing his first meeting with Benji?

Haven’t got the opportunity to listen to it yet myself, but will when my lovely visitors f**k off hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Just got advised that a podcast from Beetoota Advocate has a really good interview with Shane Richardson, discussing his first meeting with Benji?

Haven’t got the opportunity to listen to it yet myself, but will when my lovely visitors f**k off hahaha
Beetoota Advocate, what hilarious fiction will they come up with in this one.

Latest posts