What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Good response, my 2 cents:

I don’t think we will see the report unless it’s leaked. The main thing is the outcome and on available information that outcome was correct.

I’d love to see it, but it can be summarised thus “ decisions made have not been in the clubs best interests” which we all know.

As for media, we have a new board etc, it is probably old news tbh. Other than us, not a lot of interest unless it’s criminal or dodgy which I highly doubt. Lee and Co were not crooks, just incompetent.

With the ability to sack a board, the club has been held accountable. It’s just come far too late. I am for a member controlled club ultimately. A Wests Tigers member controlled club. But I would keep Magpie and a Balmain reps on there as a sign of respect for heritage in equal measure, but not as controlling interests.

I would also give a “ voice” to members via technology. In a draw situation on an important matter, the voice result can determine the way we go. So we all get the opportunity to have a smaall should become members. It should be cheaper and more accessible to battlers. $80 for some people, it is too much.

I’d offer a “back on bus” membership for $20.00 for skeptics which you can upgrade later to full membership. You get a sticker and acknowledgment and that’s it.

I think $20 will get you a sticker and that's it.
I really don't think it's too expensive for what you get.
In 2022 you got a 100 bucks ticketek voycher and some good goodies.
I think heavily discounted tickets are in order for interstate members to encourage them to travel. For example a Brisbane supporter travelling to Tamworth, Gold Coast or the long trek to Sydney, could get a cheap ticket or another free 100bucks voucher because the trip already puts a financial strain on them especially families.
The WT aren't going to lose out too much as interstate members are small and a lot wouldn't take up the offer anyway.
Also meet and greet functions for interstate fans should be free. Charging them 100+bucks just to see their heroes is absurd....
For the 2022 function, most people bought their own drinks and didn't eat the food anyway. Pointless exercise.
Free bbq meet and greet days could be held 3 times a year at Concord. Its a way to keep fans happy and excited about the club.
Point to remember is we are seasoned ticket holders and unless they change the constitution we are not members.
So it's all about showing our colours and attending games....Lets make it easier on families to do so.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wouldn't it be better for meet and greet's to be done at Cambelltown. That's where the majority of younger demographic live. (That's why I believe the building of the centre of excellence at Concord, is such a white elephant). It should have been built at Cambelltown.

Unless your offering free drinking (alcohol) and great amount of food, why are these post or pre game get togethers being charged ? Seems to me like a money grabbing exercise.

Just my thoughts from the outside looking in.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wouldn't it be better for meet and greet's to be done at Cambelltown. That's where the majority of younger demographic live. (That's why I believe the building of the centre of excellence at Concord, is such a white elephant). It should have been built at Cambelltown.

Unless your offering free drinking (alcohol) and great amount of food, why are these post or pre game get togethers being charged ? Seems to me like a money grabbing exercise.

You may well be right, but we don’t have ground spare and it is government money, Concord was our training ground and still is, we probably didn’t have a lot of say where it should be built. The senior club has been there for some time.

Plus, the club has built a complex at Campbelltown for the pathways and Women (I believe) programmes.

Merry Xmas now f**k off to somewhere else you psychotic stalking bullshitter.

If I’m banned from panther lu because of your attention seeking lies…you’re f**king not welcome here.

Go and find f**kwit Unlimited.

You’d be an instant moderator there.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

They do a (free) open training session followed by photos/autographs etc at Campbelltown every year, usually end of January or so.

The COE was built and mainly funded by the Government/Canada Bay Council, we didnt pick where it went.

I dont like charging for these things either, I have no idea if other clubs charge for this type of thing or not.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mack I wonder if people thought the same as you and I when they saw a young Cameron Smith or a Wayne Pearce playing in Flegg.
Every player was young and learning the ropes at some stage and the raw talented players destined for big things stood out but some didn't.
A crystal ball would be great hey. If we new that Galvin is going to be the next great SOO/Australian rep player would we let him go?
We probably would ha ha ha.

Oh absolutely, and like I said Im excited about the kid and want to keep him. More just saying that at the moment he is 4th or 5th in line for an NRL spot in the halves, we need to calm the farm on his hype. A very, very select few go straight from schoolboys to NRL and are successful. From memory Tim Brasher, Chris Lawrence and Benji Marshall are the only ones we've had. However for every one of them theres 20 Jordan Rankins who never amount to what you hoped.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They do a (free) open training session followed by photos/autographs etc at Campbelltown every year, usually end of January or so.

The COE was built and mainly funded by the Government/Canada Bay Council, we didnt pick where it went.

I dont like charging for these things either, I have no idea if other clubs charge for this type of thing or not.

Fair enough about Concord. Makes it hard when attempting to build links with the community.

I don't think Penrith charge, but I think it's buy your own food and drinks type of thing. (they didn't used to, and that's what I'm going off).

Post game stuff back at Penrith league not charged for either (I believe)

Fair enough about Concord. Makes it hard when attempting to build links with the community.

I don't think Penrith charge, but I think it's buy your own food and drinks type of thing. (they didn't used to, and that's what I'm going off).

Post game stuff back at Penrith league not charged for either (I believe)

Just piss off back to smug forum where I have a ban, thanks to your deliberate and wholly malicious lies.

Stop f**king with my friendships with panther supporters as you like hurting people.

You are a truly evil and awful human being who puts down other people to try to make yourself look good.

Join hate unlimited, you are better suited.

Merry Xmas now f**k off.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Just piss off back to smug forum where I have a ban, thanks to your deliberate and wholly malicious lies.

Stop f**king with my friendships with panther supporters as you like hurting people.

You are a truly evil and awful human being who puts down other people to try to make yourself look good.

Join hate unlimited, you are better suited.

Merry Xmas now f**k off.
OK you have made your point... Now f**k of Alice lol

Nutz

Bench

That's what I'd like to see for interstate supporters Vic.
We have heaps of WT supporters up here and the fanatics. If we won another grandfinal we could just about piss off all these ponies supporters ha ha.
For a team that has stuggled for success on the field we have remained strong off the field regardless of the independent inquiry.
United we are strong. We need to start winning to reward the faithful.

Yeah @Vic Mackey, an imposter stole part of my name and identity in the kennel and instead of alerting me, that evil person posts in the Luai thread at smug, that I was on the kennel posting against the panthers.

And then it’s followed by a lot of smug boys own gang hate and they believe her. M

So I joined the kennel to clear my name and decided yeah, if I am going to get butchered for being someone else, then I may as well join the kennel. So I did.

Per Kennel:

Imposter: Silverdale Phantom ( no “the”)

Me: Panther Karen. ( tribute to the smug boys own pricks).

Decide for yourself who is me or not.

I’ve lost three friends over this lie, people who no longer talk to me, because they think I am the imposter.

And then I was banned for defending myself in the Luai thread in question. First time banned on LU.

So yeah. I’m pissed.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Fence sitting has been banned from the wt forum..concerns about what people think and gaining favour can now not be used as an excuse. An AI based, virtual balls growing facility has been created for the few repeat offenders.
We now also have the option of forced time in lower grade forums, for those unable to prove they are at “grown person” level.
(pet hate)
How is not wanting more ugly press fence sitting and why is this bad WA?
I just want to move on. Imo, continually running the club down isn't going to help the club secure talented players .
Sure I've had a dig here and there, that's human nature, but I don't run the club down in every post like I know a couple do.
Anyway, this is a recruiting rumours thread so what's your opinion on Lachlan Galvin, do we try and keep this gem?

Nutz

Bench
Yeah @Vic Mackey, an imposter stole part of my name and identity in the kennel and instead of alerting me, that evil person posts in the Luai thread at smug, that I was on the kennel posting against the panthers.

And then it’s followed by a lot of smug boys own gang hate and they believe her. M

So I joined the kennel to clear my name and decided yeah, if I am going to get butchered for being someone, then I will create my avatar, may as well join them.

Per Kennel:

Imposter: Silverdale Phantom ( no “the”)

Me: Panther Karen. ( tribute to the smug boys own pricks).

Decide for yourself who is me or not.

I’ve lost three friends over this lie, people who no longer talk to me, because they think I am the imposter.

And then I was banned for defending myself in the thread in question. First time banned on LU.

So yeah. I’m pissed.
Put all this in a dedicated thread pls mate, maybe wasteland. We are on your side with this but maybe we could keep the topics on track. Cheers brother. 🤜🤛

Put all this in a dedicated thread pls mate. We are on your side with this but maybe we could keep the topics on track. Cheers brother. 🤜🤛

Young Vic and some others have been curious. That answers it.

Anyways, with our ostensibly authentically new club, I think we should have a new logo.

I remember months of teasing, and then the current one came out. After a month of careful analysis, someone here realised the paws were missing.

Then we all wondered how much we paid the consultant to chop the paws off.

Next logo, must be more magpie tolerant.

Maybe a magpie launching off a pouncing tiger, both eyes fixed on one prey.

I don’t want a wests tigers without equal prominence of two beloved mascots.

I am sure there will still be the midnight ceremony, forming a circle at the eighth wonder, summoning the ghosts of the Balmain Tigers and it’s counterpart at the dark and spiritual Lidcombe Oval.

May the illustrious dna of both clubs propel us forward and two hearts beat as one!

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Young Vic and some others have been curious. That’s answers it.

Anyways, with our ostensibly authentically new club, I think we should have a new logo.

I remember months of teasing, and then the current one came out. After a month of careful analysis, someone here realised the paws were missing.

Then we all wondered how much we paid the consultant to chop the paws off.

Next logo, must be more magpie tolerant.

Maybe a magpie launching off a pouncing tiger, both eyes fixed on one prey.

I don’t want a wests tigers without equal prominence of two beloved mascots.

I am sure there will still be the midnight ceremony, forming a circle at the eighth wonder, summoning the ghosts of the Balmain Tigers and it’s counterpart at the dark and spiritual Lidcombe Oval.

May the illustrious dna of both clubs propel us forward and two hearts beat as one!
All good with that mate, I know your doing it tough and we're on your side.
As far as new kit goes....I respect what you say, I do TSP, but I'm totally 100% against it.
Mate we are the Wests Tigers and not the Wests Tigers Magpies.
One club, one mindset imo.
Should be Wests Tigers across at least the NRL, KOE and Flegg.
The problem exists in the demise of the Balmain club. Balmain and Wests should be feeder clubs in lower pathways like Harold Matts.
I don't even like the magpie on our playing strip.
Nothing wrong with having balmain or western suburbs stuff for sale. I sometimes wear the old balmain jersey in winter but not at a game. I wear my WT kit for that.
There you go, I've put my steel helmet on so bring it on ha ha ha

WA Tiger

Bench
How is not wanting more ugly press fence sitting and why is this bad WA?
I just want to move on. Imo, continually running the club down isn't going to help the club secure talented players .
Sure I've had a dig here and there, that's human nature, but I don't run the club down in every post like I know a couple do.
Anyway, this is a recruiting rumours thread so what's your opinion on Lachlan Galvin, do we try and keep this gem?
That’s cool mate. You handled it well..Nah it’s just when someone comes in with an opinion on anything. And then it’s “although maybe that’s not the case tho” or “maybe it is” ..its just a pet hate of mine so just ignore me .. I’d prefer either someone picks a side of any argument. eg: .”They will or won’t release it” then stick to it or leave it altogether ..I mean that’s what we hear for, to have an opinion and go hard..Not to go with both sides and agree with everyone. Unless ofcourse you make a living as a radio host cheers

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
That’s cool mate. You handled it well..Nah it’s just when someone comes in with an opinion on anything. And then it’s “although maybe that’s not the case tho” or “maybe it is” ..its just a pet hate of mine so just ignore me .. I’d prefer either someone picks a side of any argument. eg: .”They will or won’t release it” then stick to it or leave it altogether ..I mean that’s what we hear for, to have an opinion. Not to go with both sides and agree with everyone. Unless ofcourse you make a living as a radio host cheers
Cheers. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not afraid of putting myself out there, nothin much frightens me...well that's not totally true as I did shit myself a few times marking big Mal in the centres ha ha.
I had to laugh at that twat who said I posted the worst ever topic on LU...it probably was ha ha, but as I told him, it's not a competition for bragging rights or recognition ha ha.
I think more to the point of what pisses you off, there are lot of tiger supporters who have little knowledge about the game but are great supporters, there are a lot who are the opposite. I/we are probably somewhere in the middle and sway in the breeze, like a bulls bollocks ha ha. In essence the forum should be like going to the pub where you have a beer with your mates and talk about anything and everything that rocks your boat.
If they start giving you the shitesters you can go home or talk to someone else. A bit like the forum where in a similar situ you can put them on ignore.
I enjoy the small bunch of lads we have here on LU as they are fairly knowledgeable and accepting of people's personalities and flaws.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Cheers. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not afraid of putting myself out there, nothin much frightens me...well that's not totally true as I did shit myself a few times marking big Mal in the centres ha ha.
I had to laugh at that twat who said I posted the worst ever topic on LU...it probably was ha ha, but as I told him, it's not a competition for bragging rights or recognition ha ha.
I think more to the point of what pisses you off, there are lot of tiger supporters who have little knowledge about the game but are great supporters, there are a lot who are the opposite. I/we are probably somewhere in the middle and sway in the breeze, like a bulls bollocks ha ha. In essence the forum should be like going to the pub where you have a beer with your mates and talk about anything and everything that rocks your boat.
If they start giving you the shitesters you can go home or talk to someone else. A bit like the forum where in a similar situ you can put them on ignore.
I enjoy the small bunch of lads we have here on LU as they are fairly knowledgeable and accepting of people's personalities and flaws.
Big Mal! now I am impressed. (I’m unable to bring up the shocked emoji) And it doesn’t seem to contradict anything I’ve heard from/about you since you’ve hopped on here. Which can’t be said for everyone on here.
I take it your trying to convince me, what we’re doing isn’t life or death..

Last edited:

Latest posts