What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Interesting tigers article on another site:

And I was reading that Triston Reilly could move into a halves role if required. Plenty of footy in him, a lot of potential.

Some highlights reels, good eyes up stuff, but it’s hard to judge a player from his best work.

He was an elite player at Union, but couldn’t quite get settled into a permanent spot in the marquee sunlight.

Here’s some insights on the differences in the two games Triston will need to re-consider as he grew up in league.

Union has a lot of potential as a running game, but it’s been destroyed by tactical overload.

An eventual merger would be a good thing, if the rules were managed properly.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting tigers article on another site:

And I was reading that Triston Reilly could move into a halves role if required. Plenty of footy in him, a lot of potential.

Some highlights reels, good eyes up stuff, but it’s hard to judge a player from his best work.

He was an elite player at Union, but couldn’t quite get settled into a permanent spot in the marquee sunlight.

Here’s some insights on the differences in the two games Triston will need to re-consider as he grew up in league.

Union has a lot of potential as a running game, but it’s been destroyed by tactical overload.

An eventual merger would be a good thing, if the rules were managed properly.

Sheens loves a project player. Reilly was a very highly rated running 5/8 in the souths juniors so interesting watch. He was pretty ordinary in nsw cup at centre but the whole team was horrible and he’d been thrown straight in from Union. Wonder if sheens sees him as a centre or 5/8?

Sheens loves a project player. Reilly was a very highly rated running 5/8 in the souths juniors so interesting watch. He was pretty ordinary in nsw cup at centre but the whole team was horrible and he’d been thrown straight in from Union. Wonder if sheens sees him as a centre or 5/8?
Thanks

I’d hazard a guess that each returnee has their own journey, with countless variables in play.

Benji is coaching the halves (hands on) and I suspect that he would be able to ascertain if Triston has meaningful promise there.

It would be great to have him as an genuine option there for countless reasons as for any other player that can put up their hand in this critical role.

Its been interesting watching the 5/8 role evolve in attack over time. Unless you have that unbridled individual talent ( agility and hands) the basic skills are very demanding. Steep learning curve to master countless moves.

I must say I miss those deep set positions in attack of ye golden days. The wingers almost back on their try lines from a play the ball at half way. When Bert could throw dummies and pass the ball 15 metres to an unmarked centre on the blind side on the fly. Players are too fit and well drilled these days, it would be intercepted or the recipient pulverised. Or the receiver would miss or fumble the ball!

If I was thinking of a rule change, it might be something to bring some of this back to the game. A quicker play the ball is not the only solution.

I remember the days when beating your opponents by 3 tries was a genuine thrashing!

Last edited:
For some reason I don't have the option to click a like emoji so until I can do that again stand by with glowing responses full of love or angry responses full of vitriol.
You guys started it, so if you want to keep on, that’s a matter for you.

Gould said up to six players were not pleased to see Madge go and I think he’s probably right.

To assert that Gus has it in for sheens can’t be taken seriously. Bizarre and over-simplified.

Gus will do what Gus thinks is right in any given situation. Rightly it wrongly, for better or worse.

He’s a close friend of Madge’s and is likely to have a greater insight into players considerations and internal grumbling than most people.

I don’t think that’s an outrageous position.

I don’t think the players are going to be in a rush to voice dissatisfaction with Lee or Pascoe.

If you want proof, you and your mate can survey the players and try to get a truthful answer.

Good luck with that.

Can he tackle and kick ?

Lets assume that Reilly is in the mix to get a go at 5/8, we know that the brains trust want Brooks so is AD the odd man out now?

Brooks can tackle and has a terrible kicking game, more importantly he has shown that he can’t run the team.

AD is not a good defender, is not very fast, has a good kicking game but is an unknown really when it comes to running the team.

Vic has said above that Reilly was a highly rated running 5/8 in the juniors, but as a rugby player he was a winger, perhaps Sheens will wreck his career by playing him as the reserve back so he can go from wing, to centre, to 2nd row, to half and the 9 never growing into 1 position. Onya Tim

Ned Kelly

Juniors
You guys started it, so if you want to keep on, that’s a matter for you.

Gould said up to six players were not pleased to see Madge go and I think he’s probably right.

To assert that Gus has it in for sheens can’t be taken seriously. Bizarre and over-simplified.

Gus will do what Gus thinks is right in any given situation. Rightly it wrongly, for better or worse.

He’s a close friend of Madge’s and is likely to have a greater insight into players considerations and internal grumbling than most people.

I don’t think that’s an outrageous position.

I don’t think the players are going to be in a rush to voice dissatisfaction with Lee or Pascoe.

If you want proof, you and your mate can survey the players and try to get a truthful answer.

Good luck with that.
I let the forum know I don't have the option to click on an emoji and this is your response?

In reality us guys where responding to what you started. I think that is common and acceptable practice in this forum.

I don't need to ask the players how many quality players have torn up their contract and left because Madge was sacked. There is no evidence that it happened once let alone 6 times.

I agree that I have no evidence the Gould has it in for Sheens but Gould calling Sheens Shifty is I think a bit like the the kettle calling the pot black. (That's not a racist term it refers to the old days of wood stoves)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I think it is a gremlin in my machine. All of a sudden for no reason I lost access to like emoji's then all of a sudden for no reason I have access again.
Many thanks to all who tried to help.
Much appreciated.

Latest posts