What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
My money's on Gus making that crap up about half a dozen leaving and (quote) "likely more" if Madge was punted for no other reason than to try and get us out of chasing or even driving the price up for Ciraldo who he hadn't locked in yet...he and everyone else knows full well that he would have punted Madge even before we did...that's all that was about
Of course

Tigerm

First Grade

He’s a leader’: Wallabies great impressed with Knights’ ‘alpha male’ recruit — Off-season Central​

Shit, f**k, f**k, f**k, I hope bugalugs knows what he’s doing, which brings up question, who can yah or nah his decisions ? Looks a bit like how we had Cleary working?
Though not saying the signings don’t look good, as long he doesn’t bankrupt us with the signings?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Dylan Brown re-signed on monster deal. Wonder what this means for Moses.

Feels like WT are really putting alot of eggs in the Moses returning basket

Dylan Brown re-signed on monster deal. Wonder what this means for Moses.

Feels like WT are really putting alot of eggs in the Moses returning basket
That’s not a bad thing.

I’ve done some rough sums, I estimate that the cost of a single Nrl game is close to $4m based on player fees and related.

An extra 200 or 300 is not a lot across the whole year given his sound competence and ability.

Also, I think that generally, he is on a slow diagonal upwards, Brooksy is more up and down.And with his experience and salary, this inconsistency is a worry.

We might have to let Doogie go to land Moses.

I’d rather not.

Our expected pack with Doogie and Moses, save for catastrophic injuries should be top 6 or even higher if everyone is at or near optimum.

I’d be more confident if we had Dessie or like coaching.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
That’s not a bad thing.

I’ve done some rough sums, I estimate that the cost of a single Nrl game is close to $4m based on player fees and related.

An extra 200 or 300 is not a lot across the whole year given his sound competence and ability.

Also, I think that generally, he is on a slow diagonal upwards, Brooksy is more up and down.And with his experience and salary, this inconsistency is a worry.

I’d rather not.

Our expected pack with Doogie and Moses, save for catastrophic injuries should be top 6 or even higher if everyone is at or near optimum.

Agree on everything except your opinion of our coach. Can't see that changing in the short term but I can live with that.

He’s a leader’: Wallabies great impressed with Knights’ ‘alpha male’ recruit — Off-season Central​

Shit, f**k, f**k, f**k, I hope bugalugs knows what he’s doing, which brings up question, who can yah or nah his decisions ? Looks a bit like how we had Cleary working?
Though not saying the signings don’t look good, as long he doesn’t bankrupt us with the signings?
A couple of us were calling for Jackson to be made club captain before he finished his final lager at Heathrow but Aussie Jim survived.

But if we land Moses, i don’t care if Jackson is made Secretary General of the UN.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I was firmly in the Hastings camp, just as I was in the retaining Madge camp. By all reports we would have signed A. Chrichton and I have no doubt we would have traded Brooks for Klemmer. Hastings would have been given the keys to the kingdom and I'm sure more signings would have been on the horizon.

Why am I saying all this?

Because what's done is done. Hastings and Madge are gone. The new regime clearly want Brooks/Moses combo and I'm not smart enough to say it won't be better for us in the long run.

As much as I despised Moses, Rugby League has a short memory. Win us more games than you lost us with your tantrums and all will be forgiven.

Tigerm

First Grade
That’s not a bad thing.

I’d rather not.

Maybe Brooks to FB? He can certainly run and tackle🤔

MugaB

Coach
We don’t have issues with tpas either, if that’s an issue.

Some of our sponsors are doing very nicely and are committed to the club.

I’m not talking Lee
Moses is no.1 at parra, he won't be coming to the tigers to sit behind brooks and api, when it comes to hands on ball (calling for it) he had issues with Norman when they started together at pawwa...
This is something that hastings was great at, whilst also directing the troops, moses has learnt to do this over his seasons at parra, but still its not as natural to him, as it is for N.Cleary, Hastings, Reynolds, you can see him 2nd guessing himself most games, where the other halves are pulling triggers quicker than quickdrawmcgraw... moses is not the answer, not for the tigers anyway... you need a more confident brooks, you had him in Hastings, not sure if theres another Scotty Prince out there of this generation, to me that's what you guys need, a no nonesence halfback that just directs, kicks to them to corners, a boring scotty prince...
Jamaal fogetty is probably the best fit i could see.. he is tough and just does his role without over playing, great temperament, he would be better under pressure than Moses, who would choke like the parra scum they are... ricky has the great idea, get a halfback to direct, and let the guns around him show off, like jack whighton does often..

Last edited:
Moses is no.1 at parra, he won't be coming to the tigers to sit behind brooks and api, when it comes to hands on ball (calling for it) he had issues with Norman when they started together at pawwa...
This is something that hastings was great at, whilst also directing the troops, moses has learnt to do this over his seasons at parra, but still its not as natural to him, as it is for N.Cleary, Hastings, Reynolds, you can see him 2nd guessing himself most games, where the other halves are pulling triggers quicker than quickdrawmcgraw... moses is not the answer, not for the tigers anyway... you need a more confident brooks, you had him in Hastings, not sure if theres another Scotty Prince out there of this generation
Thanks for your input smugaB, always well considered and often eloquently expressed.

But I think Moses is a great option with our pack just starting to shimmer.

On a cat to cat basis, you are better off switching over to the tigers because the Panthers can only fall from the lofty perch of complete dominance over all they see.

A years break slugging it out with us will recapture the fight, fire and spirit of the chocolate soldiers.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Thanks for your input smugaB, always well considered.

But I think Moses is a great option with our pack just starting to shimmer.
I'll just leave you with this then old sonagevideotogif_2022.06.14_17.35.10.gif
I can watch this all day long, and never get sick of it... moses leaving WT to parra to "play finals".. thats what i remember this clown saying as he fled the concord sheds..

Parra choking is one of my favorite past times, if moses becomes a tiger again, i don't think I'll get my fix..

Last edited:

Latest posts