What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Moses is no.1 at parra, he won't be coming to the tigers to sit behind brooks and api, when it comes to hands on ball (calling for it) he had issues with Norman when they started together at pawwa...
This is something that hastings was great at, whilst also directing the troops, moses has learnt to do this over his seasons at parra, but still its not as natural to him, as it is for N.Cleary, Hastings, Reynolds, you can see him 2nd guessing himself most games, where the other halves are pulling triggers quicker than quickdrawmcgraw... moses is not the answer, not for the tigers anyway... you need a more confident brooks, you had him in Hastings, not sure if theres another Scotty Prince out there of this generation, to me that's what you guys need, a no nonesence halfback that just directs, kicks to them to corners, a boring scotty prince...
Jamaal fogetty is probably the best fit i could see.. he is tough and just does his role without over playing, great temperament, he would be better under pressure than Moses, who would choke like the parra scum they are... ricky has the great idea, get a halfback to direct, and let the guns around him show off, like jack whighton does often..
The trouble for us is, the Sheenius thinks he can turn anybody into the weapon that our team needs and as he now runs the club with apparent impunity, he will/can do whatever he likes, he is not looking for a career job just a sainthood from everyone and just bad luck if it doesn’t happen🙁

MugaB

Coach
The trouble for us is, the Sheenius thinks he can turn anybody into the weapon that our team needs and as he now runs the club with apparent impunity, he will/can do whatever he likes, he is not looking for a career job just a sainthood from everyone and just bad luck if it doesn’t happen🙁
Well sheensy doent need a weapon in brooks, just needs him to kick to corners, and direct traffic, otherwise go back to being a 5/8th, and let someone else cash in a cool mil

I'll just leave you with this then old sonageView attachment 68866
I can watch this all day long, and never get sick of it... moses leaving WT to parra to "play finals".. thats what i remember this clown saying as he fled the concord sheds..

Parra choking is one of my favorite past times, if moses becomes a tiger again, i don't think I'll get my fix..

The “next immortal” Burto has a 25 metre headstart on Moses and Moses completely obliterates him with a full tank left. He barely has to try.

Burto slows down fractionally to kick because he’s frightened of Moses.

Moses is a cockheaded leach, an arrogant piece of shite and a scum sucking locker licker of the highest order.

But business is business lads.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

The “next immortal” Burto has a 25 metre headstart on Moses and Moses completely obliterates him with a full tank left. He barely has to try.

Burto slows down fractionally to kick because he’s frightened of Moses.

Moses is a cockheaded leach, an arrogant piece of shite and a scum sucking locker licker of the highest order.

But business is business lads.
Well, my choice between Brooks and Moses was, Hastings🙁
But shit happens and for me it’s still a NO for Moses, so that just about ensures he may get a gig here🥹

One of us will be strutting around at the end of season, saying “I told you so”😬

Well, my choice between Brooks and Moses was, Hastings🙁
But shit happens and for me it’s still a NO for Moses, so that just about ensures he may get a gig here🥹

One of us will be strutting around at the end of season, saying “I told you so”😬
Just look at my Burto clip again.

Burto at full pelt, 25 yards head start, ears pinned back, freight train at Mach 2 and Moses barely breaks into a jog and smashes him into touch.

Not just the physical side, but his overall composure, refusal to panic perfect timing and execution.

Brooksy would have tripped over his laces from the start.

It was a clutch play from Mitch, saved a certain try.

Let’s forgive, forget, better together, learn to win again.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Just look at my Burto clip again.

Burto at full pelt, 25 yards head start, ears pinned back, freight train at Mach 2 and Moses barely breaks into a jog and smashes him into touch.

Not just the physical side, but his overall composure, refusal to panic perfect timing and execution.

Brooksy would have tripped over his laces from the start.

It was a clutch play from Mitch, saved a certain try.

Let’s forgive, forget, better together, learn to win again.
videotogif_2022.06.14_17.35.10.gif

WA Tiger

Bench
I think the less we hear about Moses thoughts the better…Whatever the eels can pay we can pay $400k more (unless that has changed) .. I bet he feels somewhat bad about how he behaved when he left…and it’s a bit like the head Fk Mary got ie so close but yet so far.. and so often..and worrying esp with the overall quality of the eels dropping (I heard ) next year.There’s a $400k difference there..That's not small change and he will believe he deserves it
And we look alright
Long (or short term) I think Robbie will run the show and Benji will be assistant

A completely hopeful post

If Moses wants to lift his game he couldn’t go past Benji ..

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
It's not even there. Oh well, a pretty small issue in the scheme of things.

Glad to hear it's not just me. It's always a mystery whether I'll have the option of using emojis during my visit.

I was firmly in the Hastings camp, just as I was in the retaining Madge camp. By all reports we would have signed A. Chrichton and I have no doubt we would have traded Brooks for Klemmer. Hastings would have been given the keys to the kingdom and I'm sure more signings would have been on the horizon.

Would have been nice, but this Plan C of having Sheens take over until Benji is ready is the only option left now that any good coaches will refuse to come here after the Madge debarcle.

There was no pressing need for Tim or the club to appoint Benji as future coach.

It would have been a lot smarter if we’d waited to see how he went through his apprenticeship and his actual coaching classes at the absolute minimum.

And also to see who was available to coach us once Tim was scheduled to finish up.

In any given year we see a number of coaches axed or otherwise fall out with their clubs.

Even this year, we saw Bea Arthur’s manager allegedly shopping him around. I’m not overly hot for Bea, but he’s a grand final coach and if he was available, he’d have to be interviewed as a matter of professionalism. He’d have some claims.

Todd had a wonderful year at NQ, what if he wanted to come back to Sydney? Hes on the short list.

Potter performed extraordinarily well at the dogs. Please take a seat Sir!

And Des has a 56% win percentage…

Morris is underrated too.

But instead of being patient and measured, we panic and lock ourselves up for half a decade.

Not a single nrl club apart from us was interested in Benji. It’s not like we were going to miss out.

It wasn’t a ciraldo situation.

We can be our own worst enemies. Reminds me of that wonderful Paul Kelly song “ Dumb things”

Not trying to offend, but Benji seems a bit “simple.” Tim had his stray dinosaur moments during the sloth interview too, but I’m less worried about him than Benji as a coach.

No one in management cared how dodgy or desperate we look either. Remarkable.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
There was no pressing need for Tim or the club to appoint Benji as future coach.

It would have been a lot smarter if we’d waited to see how he went through his apprenticeship and his actual coaching classes at the absolute minimum.

And also to see who was available to coach us once Tim was scheduled to finish up.

In any given year we see a number of coaches axed or otherwise fall out with their clubs.

Even this year, we saw Bea Arthur’s manager allegedly shopping him around. I’m not overly hot for Bea, but he’s a grand final coach and if he was available, he’d have to be interviewed as a matter of professionalism. He’d have some claims.

Todd had a wonderful year at NQ, what if he wanted to come back to Sydney? Hes on the short list.

Potter performed extraordinarily well at the dogs. Please take a seat Sir!

And Des has a 56% win percentage…

Morris is underrated too.

But instead of being patient and measured, we panic and lock ourselves up for half a decade.

Not a single nrl club apart from us was interested in Benji. It’s not like we were going to miss out.

It wasn’t a ciraldo situation.

We can be our own worst enemies. Reminds me of that wonderful Paul Kelly song “ Dumb things”

Not trying to offend, but Benji seems a bit “simple.” Tim had his stray dinosaur moments during the sloth interview too, but I’m less worried about him than Benji as a coach.

No one in management cared how dodgy or desperate we look either. Remarkable.
Could have kept "the one and only Ivan", for his remaining years....
images.jpeg-138.jpg
Im sure the "bus" would have had a succession plan far better than what's happening now...
Even so i do rate sheensy as an elite coach

gordsy

Juniors
Well sheensy doent need a weapon in brooks, just needs him to kick to corners, and direct traffic, otherwise go back to being a 5/8th, and let someone else cash in a cool mil
Not exactly things he's known for doing well.

Anyone got an update re Brown and Farnsworth ?

MugaB

Coach
Not exactly things he's known for doing well.

Anyone got an update re Brown and Farnsworth ?
Nathan brown not sure, i think there's a wait for the finalised salary cap for that to be completed, and herbie resigned for one more year at the bronx, although not sure what his plans are the year after

Latest posts