What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench

Offa’s gone next week.!! Unless he’s injured in our game this weekend.. Check his stats. They arnt great..4 offloads this year
He certainly isn’t earning his keep.His contract is massive overs & we wont miss him.We need a top draw general & a speedy try scoring outside back or 2.

macnaz

Staff member

Domestic charges dropped for NRL star Luciano Leilua​

This is f**king weird?
Battered wife dropped the charges. Same story time and time again. I do like how in some US states the charge is taken out of the victims hand if there is evidence . It prevents fear and financial security etc,.dictating whether a case will procceed.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member

Offa’s gone next week.!! Unless he’s injured in our game this weekend.. Check his stats. They arnt great..4 offloads this year
Id compare his stats to last year , THEN ask what these shit coaches have done to make his game regress so significantly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
sorry for the quote style not sure what happened

WESTS TIGERS

Players off contract: 9

Alex Seyfarth - he gets hate but as a backup forward he’s a decent option

Apisalome Saukuru - this guy sucks, we’ve signed his good younger bro now so can piss him off

Charlie Staines - sheens said we are in discussions to keep him

Daine Laurie - cya

Luke Brooks - we know it’s coming

Tuki Simpkins - hasn’t kicked on, cya

Christian Ma'anaima - not even nsw cup standard

Josh Feledy - I believe he’s here til 2025

Kitione Kautoga - already at dogs

Tigerm

First Grade
He certainly isn’t earning his keep.His contract is massive overs & we wont miss him.We need a top draw general & a speedy try scoring outside back or 2.
It was reported by Sheens that he hadn't trained all preseason due to injury?

simmo1

First Grade
I can't quite understand the Ofa decision as I reckon he has been pretty good off the bench. Around 100m a game with a very low error and missed tackle count is pretty good for a bench prop. Offloads are down across the team, not just with Ofa - I think it's coaching directive.

He's not irreplaceable, but it seems pretty pointless to move him on unless we have someone else lined up? Why did we re-sign him a few months ago if we didn't really want to keep him?

Tigerm

First Grade
I can't quite understand the Ofa decision as I reckon he has been pretty good off the bench. Around 100m a game with a very low error and missed tackle count is pretty good for a bench prop. Offloads are down across the team, not just with Ofa - I think it's coaching directive.

He's not irreplaceable, but it seems pretty pointless to move him on unless we have someone else lined up? Why did we re-sign him a few months ago if we didn't really want to keep him?
Agree, the only thing I can think of is, they must believe they have the depth and are looking to the future, with Blore and Matamua etc? Not sure it is the right time for that, but it is freeing up a bit of cash, I can only assume they have their sights on another player?
If not, then it is just plain stupid to lose his experience with the comp not even half way over.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Ofahengaue did a medical with the Eels. Then the Tigers kept him
By Adam Pengilly and Adrian Proszenko
May 18, 2023 — 7.15pm

Joe Ofahengaue’s proposed mid-season move to the Eels has been delayed despite him undergoing a medical at Parramatta, with the Tigers insisting any potential release would be done on their terms.

The former State of Origin forward’s immediate move to the Tigers’ western Sydney neighbours unravelled on Thursday when the club told him he would be required for Saturday’s clash against the Cowboys, which doubles as Luke Brooks’ 200th NRL game.

The Eels were preparing for Ofahengaue to sign a two-and-a-half year contract with the club on Thursday, and even went as far as having him checked by the club doctor. There was even a chance Ofahengaue would have played for the Eels’ NSW Cup team on Friday.

But the Tigers put a halt to any immediate switch and the deal now runs the risk of falling over if Ofahengaue is injured in any match this weekend.

According to Tigers sources speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the talks, a recruitment and retention meeting on Wednesday night determined Ofahengaue wouldn’t be released before the weekend.

But it didn’t stop the 27-year-old from heading to Kellyville for a medical the next day and meeting key Eels staff.

t’s likely the two clubs won’t revisit the final release until early next week as Parramatta desperately search for middle forwards. Reagan Campbell-Gillard is spending an extended stint on the sidelines.

Ofahengaue will have to undergo another medical if he plays this weekend before he can join Brad Arthur’s side. He is under contract at the Tigers until the end of 2025.

While the Tigers might be preparing for one last game for Ofahengaue, the Cowboys clash will also double as the return of former forward Luciano Leilua, who was cleared to play after domestic violence charges were dropped against him in court on Thursday.

North Queensland made an immediate application for him to be cleared for the NRL game at Leichhardt Oval after the no-fault stand-down policy was lifted.

But sources said the Tigers objected to the NRL’s clearance and questioned why Leilua was being allowed to play despite not being named in the 23-man squad on Tuesday. The appeal fell on deaf ears.

Leilua replaced Sylvester Namo on the extended bench.

“The charges have been dismissed and Mr Leilua has accepted an AVO without any admissions,” Leilua’s lawyer Elias Tabchouri said.

Meanwhile, Mitchell Moses has finally signed a five-year extension with the Eels which could keep him at the club until 2028.

The halfback will have an option in his favour in each of the last two years of the deal after rejecting interest from the Tigers to stay with his boyhood club.

“We have a great bunch of boys at Parramatta and I love working with Brad and our coaching staff,” Moses said. “I’ve been an Eels supporter since I was a kid, so this feels special.”

Tigerm

First Grade
Ofahengaue did a medical with the Eels. Then the Tigers kept him
By Adam Pengilly and Adrian Proszenko
May 18, 2023 — 7.15pm

Joe Ofahengaue’s proposed mid-season move to the Eels has been delayed despite him undergoing a medical at Parramatta, with the Tigers insisting any potential release would be done on their terms.

The former State of Origin forward’s immediate move to the Tigers’ western Sydney neighbours unravelled on Thursday when the club told him he would be required for Saturday’s clash against the Cowboys, which doubles as Luke Brooks’ 200th NRL game.

The Eels were preparing for Ofahengaue to sign a two-and-a-half year contract with the club on Thursday, and even went as far as having him checked by the club doctor. There was even a chance Ofahengaue would have played for the Eels’ NSW Cup team on Friday.

But the Tigers put a halt to any immediate switch and the deal now runs the risk of falling over if Ofahengaue is injured in any match this weekend.

According to Tigers sources speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the talks, a recruitment and retention meeting on Wednesday night determined Ofahengaue wouldn’t be released before the weekend.

But it didn’t stop the 27-year-old from heading to Kellyville for a medical the next day and meeting key Eels staff.

t’s likely the two clubs won’t revisit the final release until early next week as Parramatta desperately search for middle forwards. Reagan Campbell-Gillard is spending an extended stint on the sidelines.

Ofahengaue will have to undergo another medical if he plays this weekend before he can join Brad Arthur’s side. He is under contract at the Tigers until the end of 2025.

While the Tigers might be preparing for one last game for Ofahengaue, the Cowboys clash will also double as the return of former forward Luciano Leilua, who was cleared to play after domestic violence charges were dropped against him in court on Thursday.

North Queensland made an immediate application for him to be cleared for the NRL game at Leichhardt Oval after the no-fault stand-down policy was lifted.

But sources said the Tigers objected to the NRL’s clearance and questioned why Leilua was being allowed to play despite not being named in the 23-man squad on Tuesday. The appeal fell on deaf ears.

Leilua replaced Sylvester Namo on the extended bench.

“The charges have been dismissed and Mr Leilua has accepted an AVO without any admissions,” Leilua’s lawyer Elias Tabchouri said.

Meanwhile, Mitchell Moses has finally signed a five-year extension with the Eels which could keep him at the club until 2028.

The halfback will have an option in his favour in each of the last two years of the deal after rejecting interest from the Tigers to stay with his boyhood club.

“We have a great bunch of boys at Parramatta and I love working with Brad and our coaching staff,” Moses said. “I’ve been an Eels supporter since I was a kid, so this feels special.”

The soap opera writers couldn’t make this shit up, could they.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
It would be disapponting if Tigers were paying freight on Joe O as he was only resigned on a 3 year deal 8 months ago. One things for sure, Sheens loves an early release/player swap.

As for letting him go, I have no issue if it means one of the younger guys comes thru, they hold on to him for next 10 years and the money saved buys an attacking player this side desperately needs.

Also, with no visibility of player fitness or when the clubs knows players will play or not play, its hard to critisize the timing of his release. If Tigers let him go and were short a middle the headline is spun the other way and they are a laughing stock for letting a player go early when they needed him. If he plays I doubt he will start, play big minutes or get injured.

Parra can have him when Tigers are finished.

weretiger

Juniors
Battered wife dropped the charges. Same story time and time again. I do like how in some US states the charge is taken out of the victims hand if there is evidence . It prevents fear and financial security etc,.dictating whether a case will procceed.
its says police have dropped the charges i think you will find once police have charged you that is it there the one who decide to go to court or not the wife in this case could have chosen not to give evidence and in this day and age once they have been called to a domestic and you are of the male gender it dont matter what your female partner has done to you, you will be the one taken away and charged the court will decide if you are guilty or not

WA Tiger

Bench
its says police have dropped the charges i think you will find once police have charged you that is it there the one who decide to go to court or not the wife in this case could have chosen not to give evidence and in this day and age once they have been called to a domestic and you are of the male gender it dont matter what your female partner has done to you, you will be the one taken away and charged the court will decide if you are guilty or not
That’s what I thought although didn’t Dylan Walker get off scott free coz his partner retracted.I’d have thought there’d be no other way he could have got off.

Last edited:

The Predictor

Juniors
How can he when Mr Sheen doesn’t play him, he is a good buy for us, and will do well, I can’t believe his going to play for u this weekend though

Tigerm

First Grade
How can he when Mr Sheen doesn’t play him, he is a good buy for us, and will do well, I can’t believe his going to play for u this weekend though
Well, he is still under contract to us and we owe your club no favours. You’ve done this shit to us previously.

Latest posts