What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

jenninga

First Grade
A lot of that junk is just copied from The Mole's column in RLW ( or Twitter ). Anyway, Bellamy won't be coaching for any NRL team apart from Melbourne until Slater, Smith & Cronk finish their playing careers there.
I tend to agree with you ,my info came from someone in the club and was surprised that we would actually try to sign Bellamy and Cronk.This info was late last year,but still don't believe it would happen.Apparently the Rooters are also very interested as we all know,but having signed Price for just the 2 years and being quiet on the recruiting side for next season ,perhaps the plan is to bring a higher profile coach who will also have a say in player movement in 2014.

64 Dragon

Coach
Don't want Bellamy. He is a grub and a cheat, with no regard to the health of the opposition players. You all know what that means, so I will say no more.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Warriors were tabling something like 4 million over 3 years for Bellamy according to the telegraph so he would come at a huge pricetag but would almost guarantee a top notch competitive football team.

The Rorters are apparently chasing Bellamy as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Politis betters that.

gypsy

Bench
Apologies if it has already been covered on here, haven't had a chance to read the other threads yet. But I heard today that Daniel Mortimer may end up at the Dragons.
I put no faith in the source, and hope there is nothing to the rumour.

possm

Coach
It's Friday night and no major recruitment announcements today. Oh well, have to wait until next Friday.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Apologies if it has already been covered on here, haven't had a chance to read the other threads yet. But I heard today that Daniel Mortimer may end up at the Dragons.
I put no faith in the source, and hope there is nothing to the rumour.

I actually think Mortimer, with his support game in the middle, could add some value for us. He's not a creative type, he's a player that thrives on hustle. We need a bit of that to give us some spark.

Get him off Merrin and Hunts hip and he could make an impression I reckon. Got a tidy short kicking game too. He's an old style type half. Stays alive and on the ball.

I'd take him.

Last edited:
I actually think Mortimer, with his support game in the middle, could add some value for us. He's not a creative type, he's a player that thrives on hustle. We need a bit of that to give us some spark.

Get him off Merrin and Hunts hip and he could make an impression I reckon. Got a tidy short kicking game too. He's an old style type half. Stays alive and on the ball.

I'd take him.

Id have to agree with you there ronnie he just needs the right club and situation and he'd thrive get him there under hornbys wing and that could what he needs to go the next level after all he's got good pedigree I reckon with Mortimer and Jennings and another forward and we could go alright next year if we piss price off!

jenninga

First Grade

I'd take him.
I always thought Mortimer would make a decent half,not a 5/8 as he was used at Parra.

watatank

Coach
Mortimer had "second year syndrome" playing halfback for Parra...I use that term loosely because it implies he was any good in the first place

Bang

Juniors
Well we have Josh Drinkwater coming on a two year deal so hopefully he will do well.

possm

Coach

I'd take him.

I think we need a clever, fast, creative type in the halves with Soward. Maybe Drinkwater is the guy. If not we should give some of our locals a go and get serious about buying a top line half for 2014.

Fien is not what we need in the havlves.

Because of Kyles injury, I think he will be a backup for the halves in 2013 and a replacement for Soward if he decides to leave in 2014.

love my saints

Juniors
Just a quick question... If it's true we've signed drinkwater, and it's true Kyle wont b ready for the start of the 2013 season, what happens to Kyle if by the time he is fit and ready Drinkwater is on fire?
Kyle won't be put at fullback, won't be back in the centres, can't see him being happy on the bench, so what does price do with him in that scenario?

watatank

Coach
Well he can always drop Soward...wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Anyway, who cares? If we have got someone who is playing well enough to keep Kyle out this is a good thing, just gives him more time to recover. Surely Kyle will be happy enough to get back onto the field after his third knee reconstruction. Otherwise, circumstances will dictate what happens.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well, in these scenarios, we have whats called depth of talent.

This is a good thing. If a player is on fire and can't crack it for first grade, then that means we're winning games.

I personally don't care if a players feelings are hurt by this.

gypsy

Bench
Injuries aside, Kyle has had his chances. He looks painfully slow, probably the slowest centre in the NRL when he played there. I think everyone may just have to accept he isn't the player we hoped.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Injuries aside, Kyle has had his chances. He looks painfully slow, probably the slowest centre in the NRL when he played there. I think everyone may just have to accept he isn't the player we hoped.

I'm not prepared to write off a 21 year old just yet.

gypsy

Bench
I'm not prepared to write off a 21 year old just yet.

I'm not writing him off Ronnie. Just saying those that saw him as our saviour might need to look elsewhere. He will develop into a solid first grader, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's the next NRL superstar.

jenninga

First Grade
Kyle has struggled because he was playing out of position.As i have said before if you put a Johns or a Thurston out of position say in the centres they would probably struggle also.
Kyle is clearly a creative ball player and i hope he has a successfull recovery because many of us are dying to see him reach his potential in the halves.
Remember Marshall struggled with injuries at the same age .

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Stanley has time with the ball and the knack of getting into half spaces from pivot. At worst, he'll be the mercurial type who does freakish shit like Mundine or CLiff Lyons.

At best, he's Fittler or Daley.