What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Guvner

First Grade
He is a 7 who has yet has not had the chance to play 7. Writing him off is ridiculous.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Talked to a mate today that has contacts at the Panthers. He said Jennings is a done deal and has already signed.

I came into this thread and read some posts saying we might be after him (first I'd even heard of it.). So this might add some credibility to what I was told.

Make of that what you will. Just thought I'd share what I'd been told.

Cheers.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Talked to a mate today that has contacts at the Panthers. He said Jennings is a done deal and has already signed.

I came into this thread and read some posts saying we might be after him (first I'd even heard of it.). So this might add some credibility to what I was told.

Make of that what you will. Just thought I'd share what I'd been told.

Cheers.

Has he been accurate in the past ? I've mentioned it before, but surely if another club was going to lure Jennings away from the Panthers his 2 brothers would be included. ( one in Toyota Cup & the other played for NSW U16's this year )

possm

Coach
Has he been accurate in the past ? I've mentioned it before, but surely if another club was going to lure Jennings away from the Panthers his 2 brothers would be included. ( one in Toyota Cup & the other played for NSW U16's this year )

Great if it's true, I'll await the official announcement. So next year it's:

1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Drinkwater
8. Weyman
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Hunt
15. J Smith - I'm hoping the Sharks release him and he signs with the Red V
16. Prior
17. King

18. C Stanley / K Stanley / Vidot / Stockwell / Marketo / Cummins / Goodwin

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors

He hasn't shared anything like this with me in the past so I haven't really got a baseline. But he mentioned it to me because he knows I'm a Saints fan.

Seems adamant. Said news would filter through within the fortnight.

I don't like to be one of those guys who starts spreading these rumours but when I read that we were apparently chasing Jennings in this thread I thought it might actually be true.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I heard a rumour today that Cooper may not back up next year, although I would have thought he would have retired with Hornby and Young so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

nrlnrl

First Grade

1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Drinkwater
8. Weyman
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Hunt
15. J Smith - I'm hoping the Sharks release him and he signs with the Red V
16. Prior
17. King

18. C Stanley / K Stanley / Vidot / Stockwell / Marketo / Cummins / Goodwin

You can throw Fien into halfback for the start of the season, Drinkwater will be in NSW Cup to gain some experience against older players. Jeremy Smith will be at Sharks or Knights in 2013, not Dragons.

Also, Will Matthews has been a revelation in the last month. He's much better than Miller, Ah Mau, Prior & Vea - can't understand why he was kept in NSW Cup for so long, but he's definitely someone we should keep ( only 24 )

One player we should chase as an impact forward off the bench is Ryan James from the Titans. He's only 21 & doesn't seem to be getting much of a go with them. He played more last year & I though he'd progress to a regular part of their 17 ( might've been injured in the early part of the season ? ). For those that haven't seen him play, is 194cm & 120kg ( could probably drop a 6-10 kilo's & be more agile ) He can really hit in defence & runs hard ( second rower or front rower. ) I think he'd be an ideal replacement for Latimore. I know we have Stockwell ready to step up next year, but he would benefit from some time in NSW Cup & we need depth.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
He hasn't shared anything like this with me in the past so I haven't really got a baseline. But he mentioned it to me because he knows I'm a Saints fan.

Seems adamant. Said news would filter through within the fortnight.

I don't like to be one of those guys who starts spreading these rumours but when I read that we were apparently chasing Jennings in this thread I thought it might actually be true.

Fair enough. I guess it's like those times when you get a tip for the nags & tell people, they tend to be the ones that don't win. I just can't see this happening - especially after seeing Jennings interviewed recently & state that he's happy to stay at Penrith. ( maybe he's a good poker player too?. )

Godz Illa

Coach

1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Jennings
:lol: So glad you waited for the official announcement.

Think we need a thread purely for possm to roam free in. A possum pen, if you will.

The Nick

Bench
You can throw Fien into halfback for the start of the season, Drinkwater will be in NSW Cup to gain some experience against older players. Jeremy Smith will be at Sharks or Knights in 2013, not Dragons.

Also, Will Matthews has been a revelation in the last month. He's much better than Miller, Ah Mau, Prior & Vea - can't understand why he was kept in NSW Cup for so long, but he's definitely someone we should keep ( only 24 )

One player we should chase as an impact forward off the bench is Ryan James from the Titans. He's only 21 & doesn't seem to be getting much of a go with them. He played more last year & I though he'd progress to a regular part of their 17 ( might've been injured in the early part of the season ? ). For those that haven't seen him play, is 194cm & 120kg ( could probably drop a 6-10 kilo's & be more agile ) He can really hit in defence & runs hard ( second rower or front rower. ) I think he'd be an ideal replacement for Latimore. I know we have Stockwell ready to step up next year, but he would benefit from some time in NSW Cup & we need depth.

Ryan James would be a great pickup, very raw, but very talented! I believe he was even a part of Ricky Stuart's blues in waiting camp? Can anyone confirm?

Mr Red

First Grade
Ryan James would be a great pickup, very raw, but very talented! I believe he was even a part of Ricky Stuart's blues in waiting camp? Can anyone confirm?
correct - he was named in the blues in waiting squad.
towards the end of last season he had a bad injury - tearing both medial and ACL's - has taken him ages to recover fully and being a big man hasnt yet regained all speed and lateral movement...
by next season i think he will be ok again with a full off season of training under his belt..
i doubt the titans would let him leave, but i agree would be a handy pickup if we got him cheap..

Mr Red

First Grade
As mentioned on the main forum, if there is a "Jennings" linked to the Dragons, here are the options. It's either Trent Jennings ( centre from Parra who'll be too old for Toyota Cup next year ) or a Waylon Jennings tribute artist to play at St George Leagues Club.
do we have money left in the cap to afford a waylon jennings tribute band?
i blame doust for severe mismangement of the cap... we paid way too much for the slim dusty tribute show, he was way too old when we signed him and very injury prone...

Latest posts