What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

do we have money left in the cap to afford a waylon jennings tribute band?
i blame doust for severe mismangement of the cap... we paid way too much for the slim dusty tribute show, he was way too old when we signed him and very injury prone...

If true here's hoping he first obtains their signed release from the Grand Ole Opry.

64 Dragon

Coach
As mentioned on the main forum, if there is a "Jennings" linked to the Dragons, here are the options. It's either Trent Jennings ( centre from Parra who'll be too old for Toyota Cup next year ) or a Waylon Jennings tribute artist to play at St George Leagues Club.

Waylon Jennings died in 2002, aged 64. Yes, 64.

possm

Coach

You know it's not Graig Young - the Dragons recuitment office - chasing Jennings, it's usually player managers approaching Doust. They all know who holds the purse strings and who makes the final decisions.

Jennings is being shopped around by his manager. Penrith don't want him.

http://www.nospam9/nrl/eels-sign-jennings-folau-7518/

gypsy

Bench

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Just read that dragons are trying to sign rangi chase.
I think he's a good player better than Lui or mortimer.
He's a former dragon to.
Also on the news Heighington told to look for another club. Would love to have him
At the dragons. We need a bit of mongrel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think heighington belongs with the ridiculous types like Beau Ryan and Liam Fulton over at Concord. He is an absolute clown of the highest order and I do not want him at the club...Robert Lui before that clown. I wonder if he has ever heard of a "selective" offload? He spends more time facing his own goal line popping ridiculous balls out the back to no one...Not to mention he defends right in the centre of the field and well we all now how great a defensive unit the tigers are...:roll:

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I like the rangi Chase rumour, its the best option so far. I'm not a fan of the other names thrown up like, Lui, pearce, Mortimer , miller , however I do like the look of chad townsend from the sharks. Not available until end of 2013. As for heighington, I think he can add some grunt and stiffen up the forward defence. So that's a yes for me and give the tigers a swap deal....they can have josh miller as well.

The club has options in the halves why both having the likes of Ryan and Allen and then go out and by Drinkwater if your going to go down that path and sign Rangi who isn't that great anyway.

Heighington had his chance with the Dragons and decided to stay let him suffer from a crap decision he is no better than what the Dragons already have and some one like Blake Phillips in time will be a better player.

nrlnrl

First Grade
The club has options in the halves why both having the likes of Ryan and Allen and then go out and by Drinkwater if your going to go down that path and sign Rangi who isn't that great anyway.

Heighington had his chance with the Dragons and decided to stay let him suffer from a crap decision he is no better than what the Dragons already have and some one like Blake Phillips in time will be a better player.

Yep, Heighington to Sharks or Eels

possm

Coach
After watching the under 20s last night, I believe young Garvy is going to be a great hooker and will be recruited by other clubs if we don't show him a way forward. Right now he is behind Rein, King and Fien.

With Kyle injured and Fein a year older, why not put King and Soward in the halves for the first few games next year and give Garvy some game time with Rein at hooker?

6. King
7. Soward
9. Rein
17. Garvy

Latest posts