What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Bring back choc

Juniors
Glad to see more and more members supporting the idea of Soward at 7 Kyle at 6. My prediction for 2013:

Soward to be Captain and our 7.
K Stanley to be our 6.
King and Rein to share 9.
Beale to be fullback.
Chase Stanley to be our right centre.
Vidot to move to the forwards.
The Dragons to buy Poore and one other first grade prop.
Goodwin to fill in at left centre whenever Cooper is injured.
Price to wake up and produce game plans to suit the playing squad he has.
The Dragons to make the final 4.

I agree with soward / Stanley.

But our pack is soft and lacks class and mongrel.

big pat

Coach
Just s thought out of left field, but wat about looking at J.Saffy and trying to get him back? He was a solid player, havnt heard his name mentioned much since joining union, and if poore comes cheaply, why not, with weyman leading, it would be the boost up the ass hunt would need to compete and outdo poore, and vice versa for poore!!!
And while I'm at it, some of you really need to harden the f@ck up, you throw insults at eachother like 2 year olds, so what if someone's opinion varies from yours, if you don't like it or don't agree, suck it up and move on!
As for Pearce, would rather not, at all. Would like to see hornby give it up but don't see that happening. Don't be surprised to see styles in the 6 and hornby in the 7 next year, soward to England in 2013 then off to the knights in 2014, remember where you heard this "rumour" first.

don't think league could match what the rebels are paying saffy,

And while I'm at it, some of you really need to harden the f@ck up, you throw insults at eachother like 2 year olds, so what if someone's opinion varies from yours, if you don't like it or don't agree, suck it up and move

welcome to the world of internet forums,
unfortunately their are certain posters that are misery guts,
and keep taking pot shots at players, coaches, all the time, it gets tiresome, reading the same thing over,over, and over again, so its not about harding up, its more to do with letting up with repeated attacks on the same players every week, boring,boring,boring,maybe they should save the barbs for peter doust and the board, who took the easy option, after bennett left, as i said before go to the red v function and tell doust in person.

welcome to the world of internet forums,
unfortunately their are certain posters that are misery guts,
and keep taking pot shots at players, coaches, all the time, it gets tiresome, reading the same thing over,over, and over again, so its not about harding up, its more to do with letting up with repeated attacks on the same players every week, boring,boring,boring,maybe they should save the barbs for peter doust and the board, who took the easy option, after bennett left, as i said before go to the red v function and tell doust in person.

Agree on the repetitive nature of the negativity.
But surely its what keeps these forums going.
Things get awfully quiet when we're winning. Some people just need problems to solve. And our problems are big in our minds - as opposed to world conflicts, border security, global economies, etc - you know, all that trivial stuff.......
And I look at some of the other clubs forums and they don't have much to talk about at all. At the Dragons we have threads coming out our wazoos on seemingly every player or coach in the game that may or may not sign with us. And usually none of it has any substance whatsoever.

But hey its fun reading and kills the time. Keep it coming.

Mr Red

First Grade
Interesting article by Greg Alexander today and in part quote..

St George Illawarra seem to have been inactive in the player market for a while now and that has to change ASAP.
Price has to be strong and clean out his roster - otherwise he could in fact be the one leaving.

Your thoughts.....
simply expressing the views of thousands...

Mr Red

First Grade
Alexander is a wanker we all know the Dragons eed fresh blood but as long as people like Hornby refuse to retire and the club refuses to tap the old shoulder this won't happen.

The speculation about the coach and his position doesn't help nor the fact Doust is a tightarse who won't part with the money that technically isn't even his its the clubs money he is just the bozo who is running the ship.

The roster as it stands now is weak and is getting weaker by the minute for instance Latimore and what they actually offered him to stay is pathetic and shows players the club has no respect for them.
i dont get the latimore situation...disgraceful..
to be honest when they signed him i thought he was a bad signing.. and his first few games were awful... but in fairness to him each week he got better to the point where i now think he is a useful backup player, and one we should keep.
Price was the one that recruited him, he has shown enough to earn a new contract yet its the same coach that is letting him leave...
surely he couldnt be asking anthing that is too expensive??

big pat

Coach
Agree on the repetitive nature of the negativity.
But surely its what keeps these forums going.
Things get awfully quiet when we're winning. Some people just need problems to solve. And our problems are big in our minds - as opposed to world conflicts, border security, global economies, etc - you know, all that trivial stuff.......
And I look at some of the other clubs forums and they don't have much to talk about at all. At the Dragons we have threads coming out our wazoos on seemingly every player or coach in the game that may or may not sign with us. And usually none of it has any substance whatsoever.

But hey its fun reading and kills the time. Keep it coming.

thats very true, and i've enjoyed reading your posts, you seem to get to the point without all the bullshit, and some threads are entertaining, just sometimes, you have to get through a mountain of crap, before you get to the good stuff, anyway just an opinion, winter can be a very doom and gloom time of the year, and when your team is not travelling well, life sems a little bit tougher, any how a free weekend coming up, might be time for a good movie.

Godz Illa

Coach
i now think he is a useful backup player, and one we should keep.
I agree. He has been an astute pick-up and has provided terrific value for us this year. But if other clubs can offer him starting prop-style money, why would he stay here on back-up player money? We do have Stockwell coming through

big pat

Coach
I agree. He has been an astute pick-up and has provided terrific value for us this year. But if other clubs can offer him starting prop-style money, why would he stay here on back-up player money? We do have Stockwell coming through

very interesting godz about stockwell, thought he played well, when he was picked, then got dropped, hasn't been seen since.

Mr Red

First Grade
i guess it gets back to a previous post about its time Price has to make the tough decisions on the current roster...
for example having stockwell and merrin as the two young guns does it make more sense to keep latimore as backup and release the higher paid hunt who doesnt offer any more then latimore does.. and use the extra cash to bolster another position?
or keep latimore and let Ahmau and Vea leave? i like Vea but he is on the small side and i think Marketo is the better value for that "roving" back rower/lock style of role..

Godz Illa

Coach
release the higher paid hunt who doesnt offer any more then latimore does.. and use the extra cash to bolster another position?
Chalk and cheese imo. I do like Lats, but Hunt has an offload, has a higher workrate and is a much better defender. I don't think the front row is our prime concern. If Weyman doesn't return well from his injury it might be, but he's contracted next year so the tough decision will come next season.

Fire

First Grade
Disappointed if Lats goes (because he seems like a genuinely nice guy) and has put in for the club. But as others have mentioned

1. Why stay if you can get a starting position somewhere else.
2. We are not short on props, at all. Weyman, Merrin, Hunt, Stockwell, Gower, De Belin (it now looks like), Kem Seru coming through the NYC.

Forwards are covered, outside backs are covered. It is the half-back recruitment that is the thorn in our side.

64 Dragon

Coach
We need forwards with real bite. Have you seen any of our guys "hurt" the opposition? Okay, we defend well most of the time, but I want to see our big guys "monster" the opposition, like Burgess, Pritchard, Fensom, Nuuasala etc.. Make the other teams nervous about running the ball up.

Mr Red

First Grade
We need forwards with real bite. Have you seen any of our guys "hurt" the opposition? Okay, we defend well most of the time, but I want to see our big guys "monster" the opposition, like Burgess, Pritchard, Fensom, Nuuasala etc.. Make the other teams nervous about running the ball up.

yeah like smith, saffy, costigan, sims brothers.. oh hang on a minute....lets not go there again...