What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Also, just a thought here. I know people want this club to turn into a Melbourne storm or Penrith or Roosters with sustained success but most teams don’t achieve that and it’s a serious credit to those organisations that they have managed to win multiple premierships over the last decade or so. Penrith aren’t quite what I would consider a dynasty just yet but they’re looking like a club that will be a contender every year for a long time.

I’d say the best shot we’ve got at winning a comp would be something similar to what the Sharks and Cowboys did, both teams spent a few years building and peaked at the right time and were able to snatch a premiership but both had to go through a bit of a rebuild a few years later once their rosters started to age. Obviously it would be nice to be a team that can sustain success over many generations of players but we can’t even seem to get it right for 2-3 years on the trot let alone a decade.

One other side that has been super consistent but maybe unlucky not to win a couple more competitions is Souths. They have basically been top 4 or at least top 8 consistently for 5-6 years now. They just haven’t quite been good enough to beat the best teams in the prelim or in the GF.

slotmachine

First Grade
I’d say the best shot we’ve got at winning a comp would be something similar to what the Sharks and Cowboys did, both teams spent a few years building and peaked at the right time and were able to snatch a premiership but both had to go through a bit of a rebuild a few years later once their rosters started to age. Obviously it would be nice to be a team that can sustain success over many generations of players but we can’t even seem to get it right for 2-3 years on the trot let alone a decade.

Yeah this is the only way we will ever get a sniff, even with Joey we were up and down and never consistently really good outside of 2000-2002. Plenty of week 1 exits.

Raiders were another one that opened a short window and very unlucky not to win in 2019.

Jono078

Referee
AOB questioned on Phoenix Crossland's 50th game this week: "We want to develop out kids and we can't keep them all but I'm really glad we kept Phoenix".

Good for Phoenix. I'm not sure he plays 50 NRL games at any other club.

slotmachine

First Grade
In the minds of the Knights HQ brains trust it's probably seen as a master-stoke, because without Crossland we'd be playing a sticky taped together Kurt Mann at hooker, or no one.

macavity

Referee
I wish out club had the balls to do what the Titans did during the week. Would love for AOB to not have a job by tomorrow morning

who fixes this though.

the Andrew Webster effect gives me some hope good coaches exist but it’s a crap shoot and we don’t have their raw talent.

Frederick

Staff member
who fixes this though.

the Andrew Webster effect gives me some hope good coaches exist but it’s a crap shoot and we don’t have their raw talent.
Dunno, but anyone is better than what we've got. AOB is possibly the least inspiring human on the planet

Latest posts