What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

user_nat

Coach
I guess being sacked whilst your team is in the 8 is a little unusual. That's not to say it wasn't deserved.

Will be interesting to see what impact this has on the rest of the season. If Griffin is as bad as I like to think, probably no impact.

DeeJ

Bench
Good news for the club, Bennett back where he belongs.

My only hope is that he doesn't recruit all Dragons/Knights players and instead uses the youth and talent we have. Also I hope he doesn't bring the droll style of play he had at those clubs because we have proven with Hunt we should be an attacking team.

Kiwi

First Grade
I guess being sacked whilst your team is in the 8 is a little unusual. That's not to say it wasn't deserved.

Will be interesting to see what impact this has on the rest of the season. If Griffin is as bad as I like to think, probably no impact.
if it's typical Griffin now that his coaching reign is over at the broncos he'll probably make better decisions.

Dazzat

First Grade
if it's typical Griffin now that his coaching reign is over at the broncos he'll probably make better decisions.

Griffin has shown he only makes rational decisions when the hammer's coming down.

Last year when almost all hope was gone, he finally moved Wallace out of halfback. Only in the last couple of weeks when he probably knew the end was coming did he move Hoffman and Barba around.

I agree with you - I expect his decision making to improve now with the pressure off.

Bronco18

Juniors
This is seemingly "good" news for broncos 2015, but as for 2014: if griffin was trying before to get us a premiership p, I hate to imagine how much effort he is going to put in now.

Not that I expected us to get that far, but you always enjoy a sniff of the food even if you are starving.

Other concerns I have are:
-do the players even want Bennett and will we lose some over this. I would hate to lose Anyone in the current starting roster. -especially Parker
-is benno the same coach that he once was? Because his record at the Knights is certainly questionable

Griffin will put in his all, a decent finish for this year is his best shot at another coaching gig down the line. I hope there will be a bit of a "do it for Griffin"' attitude. While he's tough on off-field discipline, he's got a solid relationship with many players (which has sometimes been to his detriment).

On losing players, I can't see that happening. What's Parker going to say? Sorry Hook, I want Bennett instead of you? The playing group did the right thing in supporting their current coach but the attraction of being coached by Wayne Bennett will keep them here.

Snappy

Coach
My only hope is that he doesn't recruit all Dragons/Knights players and instead uses the youth and talent we have. .

Hopefully he can bring back Gagai when his Knights contract is finished to replace Hodges. Cant think of any other knights players we would want or need.

Snappy

Coach
On losing players, I can't see that happening. What's Parker going to say? Sorry Hook, I want Bennett instead of you? The playing group did the right thing in supporting their current coach but the attraction of being coached by Wayne Bennett will keep them here.

Completely agree. Of course current players would publicly back the current coach. But players arent going to leave over this change of coach.

DeeJ

Bench
Completely agree. Of course current players would publicly back the current coach. But players arent going to leave over this change of coach.

The only one I'd be concerned about is Glenn or maybe Hoffman, even then no big loss.

Dazzat

First Grade
Hopefully he can bring back Gagai when his Knights contract is finished to replace Hodges. Cant think of any other knights players we would want or need.

That's a good call. Gagai and Copley would be a decent centre pairing in two/three years time. Boyd may go to the Titans, or he may think he can cope alone in the big world without Wayne and stay with Newcastle.

Glenn could go - no big loss agree.

Hoffman - if he stays must play on the wing.

McGuire - big loss if he goes.

Although Hunt is a "Griffin" man, he's stated he wants to be a one-team player.

Snappy

Coach
I'd be happy to see Alex Glenn move on tbh. Free up space in the back row so Parker can move back to lock and have two genuine props on the field at all times.

Snappy

Coach
McGuire had a rant in the paper today about wanting to be where Griffin is, which is sort of to be expected as he's been his only coach for 6 years or whatever. But really what's he gonna do, follow Hook to Q-Cup or wherever he can land an assistant gig ?

Last edited:

hooch is crazy

Juniors
The Bennett-Walters combination is a fantasy and would be far too costly for Brisbane's liking.

I blame this unfortunate comment on the fact that I had no idea White doesn't have a board vote. Wtf is a CEO good for if not that?

Anywho, my poor judgement aside, this is poor judgement.

Griffin does not belong in the Brisbane head coach's windbreaker but the way this has gone has been pretty disgraceful. Once again, Bennett does whatever the f*** he wants and everyone else grovels to obey.

This is bad juju, man. Too dirty a stain on the soul of the club to wash clean right away. Not even with the oxidising power of Winning! as your detergent. And he will win. For a time. Then he'll ride into the hills with his four-point-whatever million dollars and we will nominate another sacrifice to the role of head coach, wait two years, then chuck him into a volcano to appease the gods so we can be legendary again.

Baaaaad juju.

DeeJ

Bench
Although Hunt is a "Griffin" man, he's stated he wants to be a one-team player.

I don't think will ever leave. Bennett wanted him at the Knights last year too if I recall so he see's him as a halfback as well.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
If we lose Ben Hunt I will burn down the broncos leagues club

That's my biggest fear. The Hunt thing. I'm assuming you were exaggerating with the burning-down the leagues club thing. Don't do that. There'll be elderly people milling around the ashes for weeks, trying to shove coins into things. The bowlo will do alright out of it, though.

Ben Hunt needs to be shown an unturndownable contract asap, if not sooner.

user_nat

Coach
You know, I just watched the you know Griffin press conference. And you know what, you know I have never heard you know used more. You know, it actually made me feel like I know a lot.

Seriously though, watch it with that in mind and it is amazing.

Last edited: